Starting a new path

Moving on is the hardest thing to do ..

 

II.

The softness of the fabric reminds me of her skin. The warmth of the rays of the sun gleaming from my window feels like her warm smile every time I look at her. Everything in this room reminds me of her memories, our memories. As soon as I remembered the ‘thing’, my heart started to throb abnormally, causing those salty, traitor tears flowing from my tired eyes.

I’m tired of crying, really. But it seems that it’s my eyes’ new hobby.

I just chuckled and stood up from my bed, leaving those messy fabrics behind. After I washed myself, I went straight to the kitchen to feed my hunger.

My phone vibrated on the table.

UNKNOWN NUMBER was displayed on my screen. I answered it and was shocked when I identified the voice.

“Good morning. I’d like to say sorry about what happened last night.” Kahi said.

“it’s okay. So, did Bekah picked you up last night? how did you ..” I asked while preparing my meal.

“yeah. Thanks, anyway. Oh, your jacket has your card, identification card, actually.” She explained.

“Ah. Ok.”I responded.

Then the awkward silence took over our call.

“Where can I return this jacket? Don’t worry, your jacket doesn’t have any foul drunk’s odor.” She giggled.

“if you’re available this afternoon, well, we can meet again at the coffee shop beside the bar where we first met, if it’s okay to you.”

“sure, I’ll come.” She replied.

Awkward silence took over again our conversation.

“so…” I trailed in silence.

“so..?” she said.

“okay then. See you this afternoon.” I said, preparing my thumb to swipe the end button.

“ok then, see you.” She said, and then she ended the call.

 

It was quick actually; it’s already 2pm in the afternoon. I did nothing these past hours but rearranging everything I can see in my room, like every part inside this residential building of mine was changed. Well, I smelled gross so I grabbed my toiletries and went straight to the shower.

I remembered something.

I HAVE SOMEONE WAITING FOR ME!

I remembered Kahi. I don’t want her to wait for me, so I immediately took a bath and changed into my navy blue sweater paired up with my khaki jeans and black sneakers. As soon as I locked my front door (wallet, keys, phone, and Raybans, CHECK), I went straight to the garage and decided to have a ride with my bike since I’m in a hurry. I revved the engine and darted myself to the shop.

Shoot, she’s already here.

She’s waiting inside the shop, wearing blue long-sleeves, and khaki-colored skinny jeans. I parked my bike on the parking area, and went inside. She saw me then smiled. She’s cute with her dimples, really. The maple leaves swayed with the afternoon breeze, creating a dramatic effect.

“hey.” She looked at me, and smiled again when I entered the shop and headed towards her.

“hey.” I replied with a grin.

“here’s your jacket.” She handed it to me as soon as I sat on the leather seat.

“We match.” I said as I teasingly inhaled the scent of my jacket. It smelled like some pricey girlish parfums.

She chuckled when she realize that we really matched.

“thanks.. for , you know, calling Bekah to pick me up.” She said shyly.

“sure. But next time, text or call someone to pick you up every time you’ll hang out by yourself.” I told her.

“honestly, you’re weird. I never expected someone to treat me like what you did yesterday.” She confessed.

“just being a gentleman.” I replied, looking down. I think I blushed.

She snorted. Then my phone rang.

“excuse me.” I said as I stood up and headed outside to answer the call. It’s Louie.

“Hey  Sam. How are you feeling?” Louie asked.

“I’m fine, bro. Thanks for bringing me home last night.”I replied.

“oh. okay, then. Um, you have an appointment with your client tonight, remember?” he reminded me of my appointment.

“oh yeah, I almost forgot it. Thanks for reminding me, anyway. I’ll pick you up afterwards.”

“ok, sir.” He said.

“don’t call me sir, ok? It .” I chuckled. He ended the call but he whispered something like ‘weird’.

“you’re leaving?” she asked.

“yeah, sort of. I still have an appointment to attend.” I said as I stood up.

“oh. I’m late.” She said when she looked on her watch.

“well then, let’s go.” I said.

She headed towards her car, while I revved my bike. I saw her looking at me through her side mirror, but after she noticed my gaze, she immediately started her car and left. I just smiled and went home.