Will you be my Valentine?

New Endless Love

 

“What do you mean you can’t go with me?” Juri was yelling at her brother, Suho, over the phone again after hearing that he wouldn’t be able to join her in visiting Octagon resto-bar.

 

“Noona, I told you. I need some break – and a date.” Suho excused. “That’s it!” Juri yelled louder. “How could you go on a date and leave your sister alone? What kind of brother are you?” She continued to whine as she felt the imparity (and envy) between their situations.

 

“Then why don’t you just go on a date too?” Suho said. Juri hissed in frustration as she just heard the same exact thing earlier this morning. “Why do you all think that it is really “easy” to get a date lately?!” she asked.

 

“Well, maybe because… Valentine’s day is coming? You know, many single people would be desperate enough to go out and pull someone to be their date.” Suho said without any remorse.

 

“Yah! Are you saying that I should be desperate just to get a date!? Kim Joonmyeon! I think you forgot who you are talking to!” Juri nagged at him furiously while her brother just couldn’t stop from laughing, listening to his annoyed sister.

 

“Noona I have to go now! I promise, this is just for tonight! Gomawo! Saranghae!” and then, Suho finally hung up. Juri wasn’t able to do stop him so she just blew a frustrated sigh as she let her brother go.

 

-♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦-

 

When evening finally came, Lay just continued to check himself out in front of the mirror for several times. He couldn’t seem to be satisfied with his looks or more specifically, with the number of buttons on his shirt. He brushed his hair again for the third time now but he was startled when one of the band members called him and asked him to be ready.

 

“This is it Lay! You can do it! Jiayou!” He said once again to cheer himself up.

 

(Listen by Donghyun of Boyfriend)

I’m gonna do anything you need.

I’ll protect you since you’ve only given things to me.

Throwing all of me into you oh

With all of my heart oh

To make you happier than no one in the world.

You just trust me.

 

As he finished the song, the crowd loudly cheered and applauded with his wonderful performance. Lay proudly showed off his dimple as he smiled and bowed politely at the audience.

 

“Thank you everyone for coming tonight! Let me introduce first. My name is Lay and I will be your singer tonight…and maybe for your next visit too.” He said charmingly. The ladies couldn’t stop from screaming his name and asking for one more song.

 

Lay blithely granted their request. As he prepared the guitar for another song, he said something to the audience again.

 

“The next song I will be singing is one of my compositions. It’s in Mandarin but I hope that you will still like it.” He said. The crowd responded with a very loud applause and cheers and that’s when they started playing another song.

 

-♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦-

 

“Good evening Mrs. Choi!” Juri greeted the manager of Octagon resto-bar as soon as she arrived. Mrs. Choi invited Juri and Suho for their new singer’s first gig. “Good evening Juri-ssi! Where’s your brother? I thought you’d be coming together.” She said as she noticed that she came alone.

 

“Suho had to go somewhere and according to him – it’s a date.” Juri said as she tried to hide the annoyance she felt after her brother left him. Mrs. Choi chuckled with her facial expression – a sign that she failed in hiding it.

 

“Anyway, let’s go inside. They have started performing on the stage.” Mrs. Choi invited her.

 

Juri followed suit and as she completely entered the bar, she was greeted with an unfamiliar Mandarin song. As she took a seat on her chair, Juri quickly glanced at the stage to see the singer. Her eyes widened the moment she recognized the face of the man. He’s still here. She thought as an unknown hope rose up inside her.

 

 

 

-♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦-

 

As he finished the second song, Lay gently strum the last note. Again, he received another praises and loud cheers from the audience. He went off the stage but as he bowed at the customers, a familiar face caught his attention. She’s here. He felt a sudden throb on his chest – but it was not fear, it was joy.

 

Lay quickly went backstage and dialed Lu Han’s number to tell him who he saw.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Lu Han! I’m sorry to disturb but… but she’s here!” Lay said, trying to be calm as much as possible.

 

“She? Who?”

 

“The girl I was telling you about before… The girl with Minyoung –”

 

“Ahh! This girl with "a beautiful smile" and the girl you really like? So, what are you waiting for? Walk up to her and be a man! Do you want me to ask Minyoung how you can make a move to Juri?” Lu Han asked between his giggles. Lay has told him about this secret admiration he has for Juri since the first day he met her. But Lay was doubtful if he could really approach her because of their statuses in life. He was just a waiter while Juri came from a well-off family.

 

“I-I don’t know what to do Lu Han…” Lay muttered. “Just do what you have to do Lay. And be positive. Nothing is impossible. Take our story as an example.” Lu Han encouraged him and for some reason, it worked. He’s right. Just like what song says – it’s difficult to escape fate.

 

The moment they ended their conversation, Lay finally showed up to Mrs. Choi who was looking for him the whole time.

 

“Where have you been? I want to introduce you to one of our business partners – and I guess, your fan now.” Mrs. Choi said as she guided Lay to the table. Lay gulped hard when he realized that he was finally standing in front of her.

 

“I’m just going to leave the two of you here for a while.” And Mrs. Choi quickly exited.

 

There was an awkward silence standing between Lay and Juri. But being the man, Lay began to open up a conversation.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Lay imnida.” He greeted with his fluent Korean. Juri wasn’t able to control her giggles as she heard his cute accent again. “Ne, annyeonghaseyo. Kim Juri imnida. Don’t you remember me?” Juri asked.

 

“Of course, I remember you Juri-ssi. I mean, I can’t easily forget such a beautiful customer like you.” Lay said, keeping his smile. Juri undeniably blushed with what he said.

 

 

“Well, I can’t also forget you. I mean, I can’t easily forget a very courteous and charming waiter like you.” She clarified. “Look at you, I didn’t expect that you could also sing that good.” And she complimented him.

Their conversation went on and on as the time passed by, the two of them began felt comfortable with each other. But once in a while, Lay had to go back on the stage to sing all the songs he prepared for the night.

 

-♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦-

 

The night was almost over and Lay didn’t let Juri to go home alone so he volunteered to send her home. As he drove her car, Juri couldn’t stop from smiling as she watched him drive. Gosh, his side profile is so perfect – no, he’s really perfect. She thought while she was enjoying the view.

 

“Is there any dirt on my face?” Lay asked, feeling conscious with the way she stared at him. “O-Oh, no, I mean…I have question.” Juri stuttered.

 

“What is it?”

 

“The Mandarin song you sang, what does it mean? I have a very limited knowledge about your mother tongue, so you might want to share?” Juri said as she smiled at him.

 

Lay chortled after hearing her question. “Araseo.”

 

(Xing Bu Liao Qing by Jam Hsiao)

Reviewing the past

The painful lovesick yearnings are unforgettable

Why do you come then

To make my heart race

How is it possible to stop loving you?

Tonight, you should understand

It is difficult to escape fate

Just as it is difficult to dissolve love

 

“Wow! So that’s the meaning of that song. It’s really romantic. And you really wrote that? I wonder where you got the inspiration to write such a lovely song.”  Juri wondered as she looked outside the car window.

 

As they reached their destination, Lay opened the door for Juri and handed the car keys back to her.

 

“Thank you Lay for sending me home.  Make sure to get home safely.” Juri said.

 

“I will. Go inside now. I will leave once you’re in.” Lay responded. They exchanged bows at each other before Juri walked towards the door. But even before she could get in, Lay stopped her.

 

“Ahm, I forgot something. You were wondering how was I able to write that song, right? Actually, a couple of months ago, I saw this girl…” Lay began to narrate the story as he walked towards her, “…and she has the most beautiful smile.”

 

Juri looked at him as she carefully listened to his story. “But I never got the chance to see her more often than before. So every time I hold my guitar, I think of her. Then that’s how I got to write that song.” He continued.

 

“I see. She must be a very special girl because a very special song was written because of her.” Juri commented and pursed her lips.

 

“Yes. She’s a very special girl. And you know what? I’m very glad that I’ve finally met her again.” He said.

 

“You’ve met her again? So you guys are…together now?” Juri asked, a little brokenhearted. But the pain she supposed to feel faded with what he said next.

 

“Yes…and she’s just right in front of me.” Lay finally revealed his true feelings. It took him a while to gather all the courage to ask her the question but for him – It’s now or never. “Juri, will you be my Valentine?” he asked.

 

Juri’s eyes dilated in surprise with his question. “Ahm, are you also one of these desperate people to get a Valentine’s date?” she suddenly remembered what her brother Suho told her.

 

“Desperate? Well, I’d rather be desperate than to be regretful if I wouldn’t ask you now.” Lay said, not looking away from her eyes. Juri could see and feel sincerity. But most of all, she was finally having these butterflies on her stomach like which Minyoung always told her about. I think this is it. She thought.

 

She took a deep breath before she finally blurted out her answer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes, Lay. Yes, I will be your Valentine.”

 

 

 

And that night has never been perfect for Juri and Lay.

 

 

And that’s how a new endless love began.

 

-♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--♦--

Author's note:

And there you have it! I'm really sorry for that lame ending but I was actually just lolling on our couch when this idea popped up in my head. And I used those songs so I could finally write everything down. 

Anyway,I hope you still like it. ^_^

If you're gonna ask me if I ship Lay with Jiwon... actually, no. I know that you wouldn't either (because EXO belongs to us *evil grins*) 

But I found her really pretty even though her character in TTBY is an annoying one. XD

Lay, is there anything you want to tell our readers?

Thank you so much guys for reading!

Saranghae~!

Thanks again everyone! 

Wo ai ni!

Saranghae!

Love you all!

*credits to all the owners of these gifs and photos