6

Taebaby

“Lee Soo Man teacher,” gulped Onew. “Welcome.”

“Hello Jinki!” smiled Lee Soo Man. “Your managers here come barrelling into my office spinning some tale about how your maknae has turned into a baby. He’s hilarious! Are you going to continue the joke?”

“It’s not a joke sir,” blurted out Minho. “He’s really turned into a baby.”

“Minho! You were always a trickster,” said Lee Soo Man shaking his head. “Well? Where Is this baby?”

“He’s sleeping,” said Key, nervously playing with his earring.

The statement was contradicted by a baby’s cry, high pitched whining that was calling for attention that although muffled, could be clearly heard in the apartment.

“I’ll go get him,” said Onew hurriedly, not wanting to be in this awkward situation any longer. He shuffled into his room, closing the door.

“Taemin, Taemin,” cajoled Onew as he spotted the infant mewling disagreeably and clawing at the sheets. “Come here, baby.”

Carefully Onew picked up Taemin, making sure to support his and neck and bought him to his chest, rocking back and forth and patting Taemin’s back as Taemin let out a few more whines before settling down and nuzzling into Onew’s neck, little hands entangled in Onew’s shirt.

“Our boss is here, Taemin,” said Onew. “Can you be good for our boss?”

Onew slowly manoeuvred his way back into the living room while talking softly to Taemin, not that he wanted to go to the living room right now.

Key and Minho crowded back to where Onew were, trying to sneak a peek at the baby.

“Hey Taeminnie,” cooed Key, poking one of Taemin’s fat cheeks. “Did you have a good nap?”

“Oh my god,” deadpanned Lee Soo Man.

Jonghyun looked nervously between the two groups, s and his boss and managers, unsure where he should stand. Lee Soo Man looked furious. He was turning red and he had that eye twitch going on that always happened when he was fired up.

“You guys are hilarious!” he yelled before bursting into wheezing laughter.

The laugh startled Taemin who began to cry.

“Let me see that baby,” said Lee Soo Man.

Reluctantly, Onew walked to Lee Soo Man. Taemin turned his head which was resting on Onew’s shoulder to look at the new person, a single tear rolling down his plump cheek.

“Hello! What’s your name? You’re very cute,” said Lee Soo Man, grabbing Taemin’s hand and trying to get Taemin to smile.

But Taemin was having none of it, yanking his hand out of Lee Soo Man’s hand and turning his head quickly away, nestling into Onew again and crying.

“I think he’s a bit grouchy,” Onew tried to excuse, as Lee Soo Man tried to smooth down the hair on Taemin’s head that was sticking up.

“He’s adorable,” said Lee Soo Man. “Who is he?”

“He’s Taemin, teacher,” said Minho.

“Oh,” said Lee Soo Man with a wink. “I see. Taemin. Choi Jin, Gyeong shik, thank you for showing me this. This baby was very cute. I hope you find Taemin-“ -another wink- “soon.”

Choi Jin and Gyeong shik looked exasperately at each other as Lee Soo Man walked out the door.

“Does he need anything?” Choi Jin asked. “Are you guys really going to keep this baby? What happens if by tomorrow he still hasn’t come back? We have schedules to do, we can’t just wait on this. It might take months before anything happens. What if he stays like this forever? Shouldn’t we take him to the doctor?”

“And what do we tell the doctor? Who would believe us?” scoffed Jonghyun.

“Guys, stop fighting,” interrupted Minho who was rubbing an irritated Taemin’s back who was fussing and squirming on Onew. “You’re making him upset.”

“I think we should feed him again,” and Key scurried off to prepare milk.

“I can’t take this,” said Gyeong shik suddenly. “Can we please talk about it tomorrow? And pray, pray Taemin gets better.”

The managers left, leaving the SHINee members alone again.

This time, Jonghyun and Minho had a wrestling match with Key over the bottle for who would feed Taemin and Minho predictably won. His eyes gleamed as Taemin was offered to him, gently snatching him off Onew and sitting on the couch to start feeding a frustrated Taemin who was clearly unhappy.

Jonghyun, Onew and Minho sat comfortably watching TV and watching Taemin peacefully drinking the milk and hadn’t noticed that Key had disappeared until he emerged with a bundle of pink and frilly materials in his hands.

“What’s that?” asked Jonghyun, although he wasn’t actually curious, Taemin’s hand with his thumb as Taemin had an iron grip on his index finger.

“Girl baby clothes,” answered Key in all seriousness.

“Why do you have those, Kibum?” asked Minho, scrunching his face up in disgust. “That’s pretty erted that you’ve been collecting those.”

“Pabo! I haven’t been collecting them! I just bought them because they looked pretty, that’s all,” said Key, picking one out as he held the rest underneath his armpit. “See? Look how cute this dress is!”

“You bought that?” asked Onew who was trying to put on the baby sock that Taemin had kicked off in his sleep back onto his little kicking foot. “That’s weird. Aish Taeminnie, be a good boy and let me put on your sock.”

“No it isn’t!” insisted Key. “I just see the clothes, and I think, what if they’re not there anymore by the time I have a daughter? And I want this particular dress, and that particular shirt. I don’t think that’s weird. My daughter would just have the cutest outfits, that’s all.”

“That’s so creepy,” said Jonghyun. “You have baby GIRL clothes. Do you have baby BOY clothes?”

Key shook his head.

“I don’t know which is worse, ert,” said Jonghyun, giving his attention back to Taemin who had finished his milk and Minho had lifted him and was patting his back to try get him to burp.

“Why are you even showing us these Key?” asked Minho, patting Taemin gently but firmly. “You’re not gonna put Taemin in those, are you?”

Key answered with a sly grin.

Jonghyun screamed yes just as Onew screamed no.

“Good boy,” praised Minho as Taemin let out a burp, turning him around so that Taemin could sit on his lap.

“Taeminnie,” said Key, crouching down in front of Minho. “Does my cutie little baby want to wear these? My cutie little baby?”

Taemin was in a happy mood after being fed, chuckling at Key’s tone and smiling so his eyes were little crescents.

“My happy Taeminnie! Does Taeminnie want these?”

“No, no Taemin!” cried Onew.

Key held out the pink clothes, offering them to Taemin. Taemin was fascinated, reaching out to delicately pull out a dress before balling up his hand into a fist to shake the dress around.

“Yes, yes, Taeminnie wants to wear that dress, doesn’t he?” Key cooed, Taemin's hair as Taemin giggled and smiled at Key.

Key scooped up Taemin, kissing him on the forehead.

“I think Taemin wants the dress, hyung.”

“No! Won’t this gender confuse him?”

“Think about it hyung, now we can take him out in disguise!”

“It’s not like anyone would recognise him anyway!” argued Onew back futilely.

“He’s done it so many times as an adult. I’m sure Taeminnie won’t mind, right?” Key asked the baby in his arms, bouncing him up and down a little to which Taemin snuggled into his chest.

“He doesn’t mind. I want to show him to my friends, hyung! And imagine how cute Taemin will look!  Come on baby,” said Key as he walked away.

Onew sighed.

 

A/N long time no update! Does the voice sound different to you? I haven’t written this in so long! I don't like this chapter. The reason I updated was because of this: I have a tumblr! My tumblr is star-so-light.tumblr.com. Please follow me!

 Comment and tell me what you think! :D