Minho time

Taebaby

 

Minho frowned as he gently rolled a ball toward Taemin, who was sitting in between Jonghyun’s legs.

Taemin grabbed the ball with both hands, fascinated at the way it was moving before bringing it to his mouth to chew and drool on it.

“Ani Taeminnie,” said Minho, disentangling the ball to try again, rolling it toward a Taemin who only grabbed it to chew on it again.

“He’s too dumb to play,” said Key bluntly. “Minho-yah, he’s not old enough to be smart and play like that.”

“Don’t say that to him,” said Minho, reaching out to hold Taemin and bring him to his chest. “He might understand you know. He’s not actually a real baby.”

“Even he does understand us, he wouldn’t care,” shrugged Onew.

Minho lifted Taemin up and looked into his big brown eyes to see if he could see any flicker of knowledge at what he was going to say.

“Taeminnie if you understand me, can you make a sound?” asked Minho.

Taemin didn’t do anything but blink at him with those large adoring eyes that normal Taemin had, on his hand.

“Why are you so sweet,” cooed Minho, kissing Taemin’s head. He swore Taemin’s eyes looked even bigger, and he voiced it.

“That’s because your eyes never grow but your face does, so his eyes look big on his little face,” explained Key.

“His head is still bigger than yours though,” added in Jonghyun as Onew guffawed.

Minho chose to ignore the comment as he bounced Taemin against his chest. “How should we play, how should we play,” mused Minho. “Hmm Taeminnie? Hmmm?”

Taemin smiled at Minho as Minho’s tone became sillier and he slid into baby talk.

Minho pretended to eat Taemin’s hand, causing him to squeal.

“Yum yum, I love little potato fries,” said Minho as he pretended to eat Taemin’s fingers and Taemin giggled. “I looovee little takoyaki,” continued Minho gently mouthing Taemin’s cheeks.

“Kawaii-desu,” sang out Key who had scooted next to Minho and was holding one of Taemin’s hands, reverting into Japanese with Minho.

“He’s like a little doll,” marvelled Key, smiling at Taemin. “I loovee little mayonnaise skin,mmmmm,” he said, joining in on the game and Taemin’s little white arm.

“That’s not very cute,” frowned Minho. “Shouldn’t it be something like, tofu?”

“Tofu, mayonnaise, what difference does it make?” asked Key, who was pretending to chew Taemin’s hair as Taemin drooled his amount of happiness on Minho’s shoulder.

“Yah, what about us?” complained Onew as he and Jonghyun were outcast from the group and were aimlessly rolling and bouncing the ball between them. “How come I never get a chance to hold the baby?”

“Because we’re in a special gang, the KeyTaeMin club, no idiots allowed,” said Key, poking out his tongue.

“Yah, you’re the dumb ones,” said Jonghyun. “Dumb heads. You’re the dead heads!”

“Hey, I wasn’t called the dumb and dumber couple on national TV,” said Minho. “If you want a chance to hold the baby, why don’t you just come over and play with him then?”

Key heard a rustle as Onew put something into his mouth. “Is that food? Are those chips?” He went over to Onew to try wrestle some off him, leaving Minho and Taemin partially alone.

“Come on,” said Minho, standing up. “Let’s go get something to drink for me.”

Minho walked into the kitchen with Taemin in his arms, feeling like he was guarding something precious with such a soft warm bundle clinging to him. He opened the door to the fridge and something moved on the floor to run up the wall.

“Oh my god guys!” yelled Minho. “There’s a massive spider in the kitchen!”

The members ran to the kitchen to see the ‘massive spider.’

“It’s huge! It’s like a size of a gigantic moth!” agreed Onew as Key and Jonghyun looked grossed out.

Minho moved closer to take a proper look. He jiggled Taemin as he started to fuss, his eyes still on the spider. “Jonghyun, take a picture!”

“Taeminnie, Taeminnie,” said Minho absently as Taemin started to whine, watching Jonghyun snap a picture on his phone. “Oh Taeminnie, what’s wrong, oh no,” said a dismayed Minho as the whimpers turned into cries.

“Taemin is scared of bugs, remember? I didn’t know he still would be as a baby though,” frowned Onew.

“Aw, baby, don’t cry, it’s okay,” said Minho. “I won’t let the spider get you, poor baby. Minho hyung will protect you. You guys should kill it.”

Minho rocked Taemin in his arms as the members got ready with tissues.

“Aw, don’t cry,” whispered Minho near Taemin’s head, breathing in Taemin’s familiar sweet vanilla milk scent. Even when he was an adult he had smelt like a baby. “It’s going to be okay. You know it won’t get you. You know I wouldn’t let it.”

Minho smiled softly as Taemin snuggled into his chest, hiding his face, whimpering. He Taemin’s hair as he watched with interest as Onew and Jonghyun prepared to kill the spider.

“Got it!” crowed Jonghyun as Onew was squashing something with toilet paper on the wall.

“Sick!” announced Key.

Minho got in closer, curiosity overriding him to see if it was really dead. Onew lifted the paper away to reveal a squished spider. One leg twitched.

“Sick!” repeated Key.

“It’s gone now Taemin, it’s gone,” laughed Minho as Onew wiped it off the wall and pretended to eat it.

Onew, Key and Jonghyun bounded back into the living room again and Minho trailed slowly after, hugging the baby he considered a little brother.

“You know I’m always here when you get scared, I’m always here,” he  comforted, remembering the times when Taemin looked at him for support, how he needed encouragement from Minho to become bright on TV shows, how he liked to hide behind the members and stay silent because he was shy.

Minho could feel Taemin calming down and wriggling, resting on Minho’s shoulder.

“How about we-“

Minho was interrupted by a massive pop in the living room that caused him to jump and Taemin to flinch.

“Oops,” he heard Jonghyun say.

“Did you pop my ball? I HAD TO PAY FOR THAT!” yelled Minho as he ran out into the living room.

 

A/N

I am so so so so sorry for the lack of updates! I am normally not this slow, but university has just started and I have been so tired and stressed, not in the mood for baby feels haha. is it wrong that I'm writiing a fic that aims to please through a female's percieved weakness towards babies? Isn't this a bit ist? Oh well. I like it, I hope you like it and I will try to write faster next time!

Another reason why it took so long is because this is dedicated for Trompshyy-chan! This is what I meant when i said that I didn't know how to tie everything together T.T i hope you can get all the inside jokes! and the ball popping=your ball popping on the rosebush. i don't think  that was clear enough T.T If any of you like jpop please talk to trompshyy. i think she's one of the like, 4 people on aff that write jpop fics here haha. 

Tell me what you think :D Hope you had a happy Easter!