In Too Deep

Mistakes Taken too Far

My alarm goes off and I'm immediately up, not that I had been sleeping. No, I'm way to psyched for sleep, I'd been up for the past 3 hours waiting for it to go off. Putting on jeans and long sleeve shirt I get ready and leave, practically running.

“My time has finally come!” I say to myself as I walk up to the huge company building and go inside.

“Hello, can I help you?” The lady at the desk asks.

Remembering the mans words I nod, “Yes, um, a Mr. Lee sent me?”

“Oh,” she smiles and phones someone, “You can go right up, the elevator is that way, floor 43.” She goes back to her job and I follow her directions, heading up to floor 43. Getting off I look around, not really sure what to do now...

“There's my star!” The same voice as last night calls and I turn, smiling.

“Hello,” I bow.

“Oh come, come, let's go into my office where you can meet the other members you'll be working with,” he says brightly.

Members? Does that mean I'll be in a group?! Oh man, this is so awesome!! I follow him and he opens up a door, leading me into a large office space.

“This way,” he continues on into a small recording studio, “Sing!” He orders.

“N-now?” I ask, taken by surprise.

“Yes! I have the lyrics to a song already prepared, please sing, I'll be out there listening.” He grins before leaving me to myself.

I can see that there's two-way glass and know he's probably watching me as I slowly walk over to the microphone and pick up the lyrics sheet on the small table.

“Ha,” I laugh at the song.

I already know it by heart and clear my throat before starting, “Yo, listen up. This is my tragic story...”

Another U-Kiss song. Funny. I think as I continue to sing the Korean lyrics, not needing to look at the paper. My voice continues until I finish.

“How was that?” I ask tentatively, worried he may not like it as much as he remembered.

“Simply wonderful!” He opens the door back up, and I see his sunshiny face beaming at me, “You are perfect! Your voice will work perfect with the others. They all loved your voice, you can come in now,” he calls outside of the room and I lean forward on my toes to see who will come in.

“Hi!” An extremely recognizable voice calls in before followed by a familiar face.

Bowing, he says, “My name is Kevin Woo. Oh my gosh, your singing was incredible!” He walks over to me, smiling happily and I start to have a sinking feeling inside of me.

“Hello~” Again, a known voice says and Xander appears around the corner, introducing himself as such and complementing me.

All the members of U-Kiss follow, saying their names and finally Mr. Lee interrupts them, “Alright boys, this will be the 10th member of U-Kiss, please look upon him kindly.”

There it was. The word I had been fearing. I take a deep breath, “S-sir, I think you've made a mistake. I'm no--”

“NONSENSE! You are amazing, and you will fit in perfectly with the rest of the boys,” he smiles and then leaves before I can say anything else.

I blink, what's with this guy? I start after him but a hand whips me around, “Not trying to leave us already, are you?” The voice of AJ says jokingly.

“Oh, no... I uh--”

“Haha he looks like Kevin hyung!” Dongho laughs cutely at my stuttering.

What? I do not.

“He does! Look, they both could look just like a girl if they put on a dress,” thanks for that, “So what's your name then?” Eli still chuckles at his joke.

I roll my eyes and sigh, “Kim Jaeseop.”

“You have the same name as me!!” AJ says frantically.

The others burst out laughing, “He does! That's awesome!” Kibum laughs.

“We should go back to the dorm and show him around!” Soohyun says happily before grabbing my wrist and pulling me with him.

Oh crap. What have I got myself into?

I can't even get a single word in to say that there's been a mistake because the other guys talk ALL THE FREAKING WAY to their dorm. Anything from when their birthdays are to who I would call hyung to which female celebrity is the hottest; you name it and the blabbed about it. By the time we reach the dorms I have a head ache. I try to act nice though, it's not like they're at fault in anything I'll just have to tell them the truth once they finally shut up.

“So then if you're the same age as our maknae you can call all of us hyung!” Hoon decides joyfully.

Wonderful. Just what I always wanted.

“Jae,” my head snaps up at Dongho's voice as he's already adapted the same nickname for me and Jonghyun-subae, “What month were you born in?”

“June, but you guys, I really nee--”

“WHAT!? REALLY?” All of them exclaim, “So then you two are almost the same exact age!”

Again, I'm not able to get a word in edgewise as they pull me up to their dorm and open the door, going inside.

“Tada!” Kiseop says happily, gesturing for me to go in as he shows me the living room.

Dang, this place is nice. I look around, forgetting my current predicament and take in the celebrity home. It really is cool, and big. Way bigger then my tiny apartment... OH MY GOD, WHAT ABOUT YUKI???? Oh, wait. I let him out before I left, he should be fine. I hope... Before I know it, all of us are sitting on the floor, each of the members talking about stuff and after over an hour I finally raise my hand, deciding that's the only way I'll be able to say anything. Before they acknowledge me though, all of their phones buzz and they check them, making me curious on what happened that it would alert all 9 of them.

“Asa!! Jae, look look!!” Dongho scoots over and shows me a picture a what looks like a document, “Mr. Lee got the contract approved, you're officially part of U-Kiss now!” he hugs me and I feel my face flush.

Not from the hug though. What did he just say?

“W-what?” I can hear my voice shake.

“The contract! It's good for at least 2 years!!” Soohyun smiles brightly with the others who are all looking happy.

Oh god.

“2 years?!”

“Yeah, it looks like a good one, the company can't cut you out for any reason unless they pay a heavy fine, nice one! I wish my first contract had been this good,” Xander studies the picture closely.

“A fine??”

“Yeah, if either party breaks it, it says you have to pay 1,000,000 dollar fine.... Dang, that's awesome, you can still do whatever you want cuz believe me, NH will not want to pay that,” Eli answers.

“Bathroom.” I say immediately and Kibum roboticly points down a hall and I get up, walking as calmly as possible before shutting the door behind me.

I silently die as I the gravity of what has happened sinks in.

“Oh my god... oh my freaking god!!! What the hell am I supposed to do now?!?!” I yell quietly so as not to alert the group of guys outside.

I whip out my phone, dialing a number I already have memorized.

“Sup Jae,” Jonghyun's familiar voice says through the speaker.

I feel myself slide down to the floor, close to tears, “Sunbae...!” I say, sounding utterly pathetic.

“Jae, what's wrong?” A seriousness has appeared in his voice, “Are you okay?”

I shake my head even though he can't see, “No. Sunbae I don't know what to do!”