CAUGHT!

Mistakes Taken too Far

Xander's pov

 

I grab Soohyun's arm when no one else is looking and pull him out of the room with me, “What's taking the newbie so long?” He knows what I was thinking.

“I was wondering the same thing, you think he's okay?” I ask, truthfully feeling a little worried, he's been in the bathroom for like 10 minutes.

I sneak over to the door and listen. I feel my own eyes widen at what I hear and Soohyun immediately listens too.

“Hyung...” Soohyun whispers.

We keep listening, “Sunbae, I really don't know what to do! They already signed me into a contract and I'll never be able to pay off that fine!” Jaeseop's voice sounds as if he...er...she is crying and I can barely make out what the other person the phone is saying, “Dammit Jae, why couldn't you just wear a dress or something a normal girl would wear?! I mean, I have to admit you don't have a very... well, feminine body.” A long pause goes by before Jaeseop speaks again, “Sunbae, what do I do? I don't want to become a singer if I have to pretend to be a guy!”

My heart breaks at these words. Oh my god, how the hell did this happen? I pull away from the door and Soohyun follows me, a shocked expression glued on his face.

“Hyung, what is he, or... she, I guess, going to do? They already put up the contract,” he asks frantically.

I don't answer frankly because I don't have one.

“Don't tell the others,” I say, “I don't know what to do but it's probably best if they don't know.”

“Yeah,” he nods and turns suddenly as the bathroom doors opens.

“Oh, hi,” Jaeseop says, “Sorry, I had to, uh, c-calm down. Hehe, I guess I was too excited about actually getting a contract.” His, no, her face lacks any real emotions and I can see right past the fake smile.

I walk over to her and grab her hand, pulling her into my bedroom and shutting the door, locking it. I look over at her and see panic in her eyes but she tries to hide it with a laugh, “Is something wrong?”

Oh, whoops. I guess locking the door and her in my bedroom might make a girl feel a little uncomfortable, even if that girl is pretending to be a guy.

I sigh, rubbing my forehead, “I know you're not a guy.”

I can tell she doesn't know how to respond to that so I continue, “I heard your conversation in the bathroom.”

Her eyes go wide and start to look a little glassy, “I-I-I didn't mean for this to happen! You have to believe me!” She falls to her knees and I gasp, “Please, don't tell anyone, I don't have that kind of money to pay off a fine that big!” She puts her hands above her head, begging me.

Not sure what the right thing to do is I decide to play nice guy, truthfully not wanting her to beg like that for something that was beyond her capabilities to stop, “Uh hey,” I grab her shoulders and pull her up to her feet but she doesn't look at me so I pull her chin up, forcing her to make eye contact with me, “Look, I don't know what is going to happen but I know it's not your fault so you don't have to beg like that, okay?”

She nods slowly, totally not believing me.

“Well, Soohyun also knows but I told him not to tell the others so your secret is safe. Um, for now just ask like nothing happened and you're still a guy,” I say and she tries to put on a happy face which mostly works before we head back out to the guys.

“What took so long?” Kibum asks.

“I just wanted to tell Jaeseop something,” I dismiss him quickly and sit down again, pulling Jaeseop next to me.

Eli smirks and looks like he has something running through his brain, “you guys thirsty?” He asks.

Everyone nods including Jaeseop and he gets up, leaving for the kitchen and returning quickly with water for everyone. He passes them out and I take a huge gulp of mine before continuing in our previous conversation.

“Wow~ This is the strangest water I've ever tasted~” I look over to Jaeseop and see a dorky looking smile is on her face and she's kinda leaning to one side. I snatch her water and smell it.

“ELI!” I yell who by now is rolling on the floor laughing, “What did you do?”

“Nothing... much!” He laughs and the others have joined in now, too.

“Good lord you guys are a bunch of kids,” I shake my head.

I look to Jaeseop again who's eyes are starting to close and she falls against me, passed out.

“Wow, his tolerance for alcohol is pathetic!” Kiseop points at the now limp body of our newest member.

“Yeah, only about half that bottle was soju,” Eli ponders and my mouth drops open.

Women have a lesser tolerance then a guy her age plus she's so tiny, this could be dangerous...

“Morons,” I stand up, picking up Jaeseop and start for the bedroom.

“Ah hyung!!!!! We should do something to him in his sleep!” Hoon yells after me.

“That would be mean!” I hear Kevin's voice say.

“But funny!” AJ joins in.

Rolling my eyes I lay Jaeseop onto my bed and look down at her. Now that I know, I can actually tell easily that she is girl, she may not have any S-Line to speak of, but her face is that of a girl and now that she's sleeping she looks a little less boyish with a softer expression. Hehe, she's actually kind of cute. Sighing I turn off the light and go back out to put a stop to the guys' plans.