Friends

Mistakes Taken too Far

Jaeseop's POV

Dongho's voice practically drops to a whisper as he finishes his question.

That was unexpected. How am I supposed to respond to that? Did he... no. We were the only ones there... right?

“W-what?” The stuttering probably isn't helping but I feel so frazzled from the question that I can't stop it.

“Well, um...” Again, he bites his lip while contemplating (a trait he seems to have), “I saw. The kiss.”

Oh,” before I can hold it in my reaction escapes me and I feel my face burn red in the dark room, “It's not what you think--” I start before getting interrupted by him.

“You don't have to explain if you don't want to to,” I can tell by his tone he's holding back curiosity.

I take in a breath to talk but let it back out, not sure what to say.

“Does that mean you are?”

“No, I mean, um, it's... complicated.” Wow. Worst explanation ever.

After a long pause he finally says, “It doesn't bother me just so you know.”

Oh good lord, how did I get roped into this situation!? HE THINKS I'M GAY! Which means actually just means I'm straight. Oh god... What am I even supposed to say to him now, admit that I'm gay? AISH! It might be easier actually to say that I am, now that I think about it, that way he doesn't think I'm weird cuz I do find guys attractive obviously...

“Well... I mean... D-does this change anything between us?” I whisper, unnerved at my own words.

He takes me by surprise and smiles, “No! I'm just glad that we're becoming better friends and that you would tell me,” he leans over and hugs me. Dang, this boy like to hug a lot.

“Thanks Dongho, I was afraid that if anyone knew you wouldn't like me anymore,” Oh jeez, more lies. If they found out the REAL truth, I'd be screwed.

“Haha, nope, I still like you!” Even in the blackness of our room I can see his squinty smile and I feel one tugging at my own mouth.

“So does that mean you and that other guy are dating?” He seems so innocent and curious. My conscious is like a raging storm inside me.

“No, that was... uh... I don't actually know,” For once I tell the whole truth, still confused about why Jonghyun did that, why my heart is still fluttering.

“Oh, so does that mean you're single?” Where is this going?

“I guess...? I wasn't really planning on dating anyone but if the right person comes along I would,” That sounded so dorky and cliched it makes me sick.

“Hm.” Is all I get from him before he rests his head back on the pillow, his eyes closing slowly.

I fall back down on my side, feeling tired again and slip off into sleep.

_________________The Next Day______________________________________________________

 

“Jae... Jae...” A gentle hand shakes me awake and I blink away sleep, trying to focus my gaze.

I look up to see an equally as tired looking Dongho, and he rubs his eyes while trying to wake me. Sitting up I feel again the effects of such intense exercise the past couple days.

“Good morning,” I moan.

“Nng.” He slowly gets out of bed and I follow in suit, leaving the room and walking into the kitchen. I feel like a zombie.

“Well don't you two look energetic this morning.” Hoon laughs at our exhausted faces.

“What time did you two come home last night?” Kiseop looks up at our entrance.

“Oh, I didn't look. You were all asleep though,” Dongho goes and sits by his hyung, resting his head on his shoulder and looking like he fell asleep.

I envy him for being close enough with his hyungs to do that. Grabbing a spot across from him I lean on the table, not really sure if I want to eat yet.

“Oh, you two will be happy to know that we don't have practice today,” Kibum pats me on the head.

“Thank god, my legs feel like jelly,” I smile a little bit, happy we don't have to practice but still not awake enough to jump around happily.

“Hoon, Soohyun, AJ and I are going out later on, you two feel free to join us,” Eli says, smiling also at the thought of a day off.

“Oh, Jae, you and I should hang out today!” Dongho suddenly pops his head up, completely awake.

I know I have no plans so I just nod, “Sure.”

“Good morning~!” I turn at Kevin's cheery voice as he walks into the room and sits next to me, “You and Dongho are going out today?” He asked, sounding interested.

“I guess that's the plan.”

“ooooh! Can I come?” He doesn't really seem older than Dongho and I.

I look to Dongho for approval and he nods happily, “Yeah! Kevin hyung can come too!”

“Well aren't you three peas in a pod?!” Kibum yells, seeming sad that he's being left out.

Sticking his tongue out Dongho teases him, “Yeah! We are!”

Kevin laughs along with me at the funny reaction and Kibum also sticks his tongue out back at him.

“What time do you wanna go Jae?” Dongho turns his attention back to me.

“Um, I dunno, anytime is fine,” I smile.

“Let's leave in like an hour and then we can go get lunch somewhere!” By now Dongho is sitting up straight and bouncing happily in his chair.

“I'll go get ready,” Kevin smiles and leaves, going off to his room.

“C'mon Jae,” Dongho jumps up and brings me with him back to our room and starts rummaging around his dresser and I go to my suitcase on the floor, looking for what to wear.

“Oh my gosh!!!” Dongho yells out frantically I look up instantly.

“What's wrong?!”

“You still haven't unpacked!!! I'm sorry1 I forgot to clear out a space in the dresser!” I watch as he takes a giant armful clothes from one of the drawers and roughly shoves it in another making me laugh at his struggle.

“Dongho, it's fine,” I get up, smiling.

“But you shouldn't live out of your suitcase!”

“Well, I mean you don't have to worry about it now, let's just get ready and go,” I say, staring at the large pile of unfolded clothes sticking out of the d drawer.

“I guess...” He makes a face but listens, grabbing some clothes and I hear the bathroom door shut after he leaves.

“I should probably try to take a shower...” I run my hands through my greasy hair, feeling kind of gross.

Grabbing my own set of fresh clothes I wait until Dongho opens the door looking up in surprise at me, “Can you show me how to work the shower please?” I smile and he nods, “Sure!”

Walking behind him he shows me how to use the touch pad to adjust the water temperature, dang is that fancy or what!

“Thanks,” I nod and he leaves, closing the door behind him. I lock the door and turn on the water. Pulling off my clothes I step under the water, a sigh escaping me as the steamy water runs down my body, feeling wonderful on my aching muscles. I grab the shampoo bottle that Dongho said I could use and quickly wash my hair before getting out again, feeling better than before. Putting on my clothes I also brush my teeth before leaving and going back into the bedroom to find Dongho playing with Yuki.

“Buddy!!” I whine and he looks up, racing over by me, “I miss waking up to you in the morning!!!”

“Haha, Soohyun and AJ said that he's really fun to run with,” Dongho giggles.

“But they keep stealing my puppy from me!!” I laugh.

“Are you guys ready to go?” Kevin pops his head into our room and Dongho and I nod, getting up and putting our shoes on.

 

Dongho's POV

The cold air sends shivers up my spine and I pull my jacket around me, trying to block the slight breeze.

“Why is it so cold in May???” I whine, walking closer to Kevin to try and steal any heat he has.

“I know, it should be warming up now!” Jae says drearily and I see his hair is still dripping a little from his shower probably making it feel even colder.

“Should we go to the mall?” Kevin asks, still seeming happy in the winter-like weather.

“Yeah,” I grin too.

As we walk I kick a pebble for like 5 blocks until I accidentally push it into the road, “Dang it!”

“What?” Jae turns his attention to me.

“I lost.”

Laughing a little he asks, “Lost what?”

“I was trying to see how long I could kick the rock but I kicked it into the road,” I explain, still feeling sad about it.

“Oh,” I can tell that he's trying to hold back laughter and I hear Kevin chuckle a little bit.

“Why are you laughing at me?!”

“Cuz you're cute!” Kevin hugs me and I have to force the frown to stay on my face.

“Nuh-uh! Let goooo~” I squeal but he doesn't making Jae actually stop, laughing so hard.

“Never~!” Kevin laughs and I can't hold back a smile either.

People start to give us weird looks and we quickly go back to walking, smiles still on our faces. We finally arrive at the mall and I run inside to escape the cold hearing the close footsteps of Kevin and Jae right behind me.

“Hyuuuuung~” I jump on him, “Buy us food?” I blink my eyes cutely and he smiles.

“What do you want?” He asks, looking from Jae to me.

“A pizza,” I look in surprise to Jae who so far hasn't given his opinion on anything in the past days I've known him but his expression is dreamy as he thinks about pizza.

“I want pizza too!” I say.

“Hehe, alright, let's walk around and find a pizza place,” Kevin starts to walk and I grab Jae, pulling him next to me as I follow him.

I look over at Jae, wondering what he's thinking about and I see he's staring at Kevin who walks in front of us. An interesting question pops up in my mind and I decide to wait until the pizza place to ask. After finding the restaurant we sit down and give our order to the waitress. I notice that she watches us even when not at our table and I start to worry that she might be a fan.

“Dongho?” Fingers snap in front of me, jolting me out of my thoughts.

“What?”

“haha! What were you thinking about so intensely?” Jae giggles.

“You!” I answer and watch his expression change, “Actually I was curious on something...” I play with the fringe of my jacket, wondering if he would be offended at my question or feel uncomfortable.

“What about?” I can sense the hesitant tone is his voice.

“Mmm, what do you think of Kevin hyung?” I ask.

“What about me?” Kevin leans forward, interested that I'm talking about him.

“What?”

“Well, you know, since you like guys and I saw you looking at him earlier I was just curious,” I grin, truly wondering what he likes about guys instead of girls.

“You're gay?” I hear a strange note in my hyung's voice but look over to see that he doesn't seem uncomfortable or anything like that. The same Is not for Jae though, his face turns a dark red and he looks down at his lap, biting his lip.

Smiling evilly Kevin chuckles, “What? Do you think I'm hot?”

Hardly able to contain myself I yell, “Hyung! What the heck?!”

leaning back and looking cocky, he puts his hands behind his head, smirking, “Wouldn't be the first to think so.”

Laughing I turn back to Jae, “Do you??” I ask, completely curious at what he'll say.

“Uh... I guess...so?” Well what an answer that is.

“What about him do you like?” Kevin is also leaning forward, immersed in the conversation.

Jae's eyes flicker upward at Kevin and I watch as he stares at him for a while before blushing again, “H-his eyes...” He whispers.

A strange emotion stirs inside me and I suddenly feel weary about asking him this... what is this? Why did I feel a flutter in my stomach?

Kevin is smiling contently at the fact that someone finds his eyes attractive but Jae seems to still be embarrassed so I elbow him in the side, “Why so serious?” I joke.

 

Jaeseop's POV

After eating pizza the three of us walked around the mall for the rest of the day, going in and out of stores, Dongho begged Kevin through aegyo for several things and each time I smiled when Kevin bought it for him, laughing at how the maknae was controlling his hyung. He wasn't quite the same after lunch though, well more specifically, after he made me say what I like about Kevin. I wish he hadn't pressed the matter since I don't like Kevin, but since he did I just said my honest opinion, being a girl I do find him attractive. But he doesn't know that, he thinks I'm gay. Sighing as we walk home in the darkness I listen to cars pass us by in the streets, desperately wanting to escape my thoughts. A hand intertwines with mine and I see Dongho walking beside me even though he doesn't look over. Well, I guess that's a good sign. Kevin moves to my other side,walking close enough to brush up against me. I actually enjoy it because with night came even colder weather and his body is emanating heat onto me. Walking inside the warm dormitory feels quite nice and I stride into the living room but see no one.

“Why is everyone always asleep when we get home?” I mumble but shrug, heading towards my room.

Dongho is already there with Kevin and they sit on the edge of the bed, talking happily.

“Jae~” I go to grab my clothes but Dongho pulls me over by him on the ed, making me fall onto his lap.

“Thanks for coming with today,” he says smiling down at me.

I sit up, feeling weird that I fell onto where I did but Kevin pushes me back, “hey!!” I protest.

“You're so cute!” Kevin fawns before attaching me with his hands, tickling my stomach.

Yelling out I can't hold back my laughter as I try to roll away but both are in it together and I can't escape, “S-stop it...” I gasp between spurts of laughing making me laugh even harder.

Dongho falls onto his side, laughing so hard he doesn't even make any noise. With Kevin giggling too I'm able to move to the far side of the bed and hide under the blankets before they compose themselves.

“Oh, man that was funny,” Dongho wipes tears from his eyes before coming up next to me under the covers, “Today was fun.” He smiles somehow looking like a hamster.

“Mhm, thanks for letting me come with,” I say.

“We should do it again!” Kevin jumps up by us, also finding his way into the little bit of blankets left.

“Hyu-ung, you don't fit!” Dongho tries to childishly push him off but Kevin just laughs, wrapping his arms around the younger.

“Too bad!” I laugh at Kevin's stupid response.

I remember the light is still on and groan, “Dang it...” Getting up I flip the switch off and close the door, jumping back in bed and disturbing the other two.

“Goodnight,” Kevin whispers.

After a while my eyes start to close and I fall into sleep.