y o o n a

Happily Forever After?

 

chapter01

b o t t l e d  w a t e r

 

~~~

“Yoona, pass me the water.”

  He smiled at me with those dark charismatic eyes looking straight into mine, giving me a puppy dog look as he stretched out his muscled hand towards me, his other hand gripping his microphone. His sweat dripped from his messy black hair to his tanned cheeks, flowing down his handsome face. Seeing that I did not reply, he leaned closer towards me with his charming smile widening. The glowing lights roamed around the stage, highlighting his flawless features the moment the spotlight occasionally fell on him. 

  “Yoona, pass the water.” He repeated.

  Do you seriously think I want to pass you the water?

  I took a deep breath, clenching the bottle of water in my hands.

  “Minho, I’ve already drank from this bottle.”

  “Doesn’t matter.” He replied as he snatched my bottle away. “We’re family, aren’t we?”

  You’re kidding me, right? 

  Choi Minho, you egoistic bastard. All you do is spend all day flirting with girls and you expect them to actually do your bidding? What the hell. As if being in the same agency with you wasn’t enough. I can’t believe I actually thought you were sweet last time. Now I’d bet you’re just effing around with all the SM girls, aren’t you? Well yippee for you…you’re not my type.

  Family?

  What the heck.

  He shot me that playful smile of his – more like flirtatious, giving me a pat on the head, ruffling my soft brown hair teasingly. He chuckled as he saw the expressionless look I gave him, tentatively trying to force out a smile so he wouldn’t think I was pissed off. Then he laughed, walking away to the other side of the stage with my bottle of water in his hands.

  My bottle of water.

  Was he seriously that handsome? I know he was voted by the public as one of the handsomest boy band members in Korea, but seriously?! He’s got flaws too, alright. His head is too small, and he’s so frickin’ tall. His eyes take up half his face and his short cropped black hair makes him look like a moron. Last time, when his hair was shoulder length, ruffly, and what his fan girls called “princely”?

  Puh-lease. It makes him look like a gay.

  And his nose?

  I’d bet it’s plastic.

  I don’t understand why all fan girls seem to be blind to these flaws. I admit, the first time I looked at him? He was handsome. He looked like some foreign prince. But trust me, three weeks after that? I found out he was just a crap load who toyed around with girls to gain popularity. He’s a flirt, seriously. He doesn’t give a heck about how people feel. In other words, he’s grown from a shy, cute boy into one downright flirt.

  He’s damned close to my friends, too.

  Kyuhyun-oppa, Changmin-oppa, Donghae-oppa, Eunhyuk-oppa.

  Ugh.

  That’s just the guys. Don’t even ask me to talk about the girls.

  If you’d ask me how many girls Choi Minho actually toyed with, I think my list would be infinite. It will range from SNSD, to f(x), to Kara and to etcetcetc…I think if I really attempted to count, I’d be counting all the way until the day I died. I admit he’s tried making moves on me before. But come on…

  Why do I seem like the only sane girl who doesn’t go gaga?

  Because I’m THE Yoona?

  “Yoona?”

  I turned around instinctively as I heard a female voice called my name. With her smirk on her face, she tossed her long black curls as she placed her arm around me. I fixed a neutral smile on my face, remembering once again, that we were on stage, and even if we weren’t on stage I’m not the type to be rash when I do things.

  “Ah, this is fun~” Yuri sighed cheerfully as we walked along.

  I guess?

  “Yeah…”

  She smiled at me. “Guess what?”

  “What?”

  “I found another GIF online from the 100 Points out of 100 episode 4!”

  I stopped myself from rolling my eyes. “What’s on episode 4?”

  I know what’s on episode 4, really. It’s just to let Yuri talk without me seeming like a know-it-all.

  “Me and Minho!”

  Yeah, I thought so.

  If seeing Minho turn from an innocent boy into some flirty Casanova wasn’t enough, I had to watch my down to earth best friend turn into some attention-seeking and love struck girl who adored him. And puh-leeze, it wasn’t just a crush, of course it wasn’t. It was an insufferable obsession.

  “Unnie, you’ve already got a GIF for that.” I was calm.

  She hopped up and down. “The more the better!”

  Hell yeah.

  Choi Minho and Kwon Yuri? Sure, they make an effing great couple. “Flaming Pearl Couple” That’s what they call them online. And all the fans? They scream “MinYul!”, some stupid name they made up when combining Yuri and Minho’s names together. And you know what’s the most sickening thing?

  The kiss on 100 Points out of 100.

  That was absolutely sickening.

  I mean, it’s great that Yuri-unnie adores him and all, whatever, it doesn’t really concern me. But then some stupid fans start commenting about how I bring Yuri and Minho together, like their love cupid or something. All those disgusting lies and rumors floating around the net, like what the hell, some stupid crap load to drag me in to that madness?

  And Yuri?

  Minho’s a jerk, and Yuri isn’t any better.

  And people actually call us YoonYul.

  YoonYul? What crap is that?

  To the television, the internet, the mass media – me and Yuri are inseparable Soshi sisters who look like each other, even make a great couple together. They even call us twins online…like what the heck.

  For the first year I was in SNSD, I admit we were effing close. Then SHINee just HAD to debut. Then she started becoming some brainless bimbo going after the SHINee boys, and it hasn’t stopped since. I mean, what the heck. Did anyone actually watch Night Star where Yuri told Onew-oppa that she was close to everyone in SHINee except him?

  That’s bull.

  Bull.

  It’s freaking bull lies.

  She’s not close to Taemin, Jonghyun doesn’t want to take unnecessary steps to her, and Key barely likes talking to her. Minho’s a flirt, so yeah, she probably takes it like being close to Minho was as good as being close to SHINee. I don’t give a crap, really. It just gets bloody annoying when she starts ranting about them.

  Aish. Why am I always bloody hell in the middle?

  “Yoong, here’s your water.”

  I turned around, this time biting my lips after all those angry thoughts that had went through my mind. Standing right in front of my face was that wide eyed boy, smiling as he wiped the water off his lips, handing me an empty bottle. I frowned distinctively, and pushed the bottle back to his hands as I smiled pretentiously.

  “Minho. It’s empty.”

  “That’s the point.” He laughed.

  What’s the point?

  “What?” I tried to be nice.

  “Throw it away for me.”

  WHAT.

  I held myself back. “Minho, throw it yourself.”

  “It’s yours anyway.”

  Idiot. Loser. Moron.

  “Fine.” I gritted my teeth.

  Just like that, he turned around with that wide grin of his plastered on his face, as if it had been mission accomplished to get me to throw away MY bottle of water which HE drank. He waved to the audience in a charming way, making the girls swoon and erupt with cheers. He then looked back at me and shot me a quick wink.

  I felt like I was going to puke.

  Does he seriously think I’m that sort of fan girl? I’m the only effing girl in SNSD who doesn’t give a damn about him and his looks. He’s just a flirt, and that’s that. He’s handsome and whatever, but his attitude? Total poop. He just toys around like the ty idiot he is.

  “Yoona, were you talking to Minho?”

  Not again.

  “Yeah, guess so.”

  She beamed. “Take these bottles of water to him, would you?”

  …

  …

  …

  WHAT THE…

  “Yuri, that’s…” My eyes widened.

  She smiled. “It’s just five bottles.”

  JUST FIVE?!

  “Yuri, he’ll probably like it better if you give it to him.”

  WELL DUH.

  “Just go, Yoona, the fans are watching.”

  SO IM THE POSTMAN NOW?!

  “Unnie, I’m tired-“

  She glared at me. “Just give it.”

  I sighed hopelessly as I picked up the five big bottles of water from the ground, watching Yuri smirk as I struggled under the weight of the five bottles. I turned around, trying my absolute best to carry the bottles to the other side of the stage, muttering curses and swear words as I walked. Every time I turned around, I could see Yuri willfully smiling at me, as if pushing me to walk further and further towards the idiot.

  My hell.

  As if it wasn’t enough that he’s a pretentious idiot, a Casanova with so many girls. I had to be some stupid messenger now? I’d gladly say I’m bloody used to it. You know why? I’ve got many damned reasons why I’m used to the crappy heck load between them.

  Secret presents.

  Homemade lunchboxes.

  Birthday cards.

  Some other crap.

  I delivered all these things to Minho whenever Yuri wanted me to send them to him, every single week. Over small things, she would tell me to go to him and pass the stupid message, as if they were dating and it was my obligation to be in between them, helping them. Like some sweet guardian angel who has to help her through everything.

  Guardian angel my heck.

  I don’t give a damn, seriously.

  “UGH…”

  I sighed as I dropped it on the ground next to him, barely able to see where I was going under the massive weight of the bottles. He seemed stunned as I shot a triumphant look at him, dumping the bottles in front of him, then handing him the empty bottle he had given to me a few moments ago. He raised an eyebrow skeptically.

  “What. Is. This?”

  “Yuri-unnie wanted me to bring you water.” I sighed.

  He laughed gently. “Return it.”

  Damn idiot. What now?

  “Yuri-unnie wanted-“I was going to repeat myself.

  “I already drank yours.”

  He looked at me with his cheeky smile.

  IDIOT.

  “You can take these as extras.” I tried. “Later you’ll be out of water again so-“

  “You care for me so much?”

  WHAT THE …

  Is he an idiot or something? Seriously.

  He laughed teasingly, right in front of me, as if to mock me as I glared at him. I forced out my usual, doe eyed sweet expression that I was sure would melt him right at that second. It was an entertainer’s secret weapon when there was nothing more I could do to shut him up. But he laughed continuously, then leaning towards me closely.

  “Betraying your unnie for me, aren’t you?” He whispered. “Little fox.”

  Oh. My. Crap.

  LIKE WHO THE HELL LIKES YOU MAN.

  ert. Flirt. Casanova. Byuntae.

  I bit my lip, stopping myself from hurling all the insults at him. I had my reputation as a sweet deer to uphold, and I couldn’t just slip my mouth because someone irritated me. No I couldn’t. I’d controlled it well for damned long. I wasn’t just going to let lose like some sort of idiot.

  Unlike my unnie, I’m completely rational.

  “Minho-“

  “Return them to your unnie then.” He picked them up with a smile. “I don’t want them.”

  I shook my head. “Yuri-unnie’s not going to be happy.”

  “Or you could open one of them…” He winked. “And drink from it.”

  My eyes widened. “What the hell are you implying?”

  “Well, your lips did touch that bottle.” He smiled knowingly. “Indirect kiss, you know.”

  WHAT THE EFFING …

  HE THINKS I EFFING LIKE HIM?

  “Donghae-hyung’s so going to be shocked when he finds out I’ve kissed SNSD’s beauty.”

  …

  …

  …

  Enough’s enough.

  “YAHHH!”

  I dropped my microphone down as I yelled my lungs out. I dumped the bottles on the ground with a wham as I glared at him with my killer gaze. Giving him a warning look, I kicked him hard in the shins, making him jump up and down in pain. I reached towards the ground, hurling all the bottles at him, throwing them at him as he stumbled and fell down.

  I couldn’t help it.

  It’s tiring, you know, being in the middle all the time. No one knows, no one listens, no one gives a damn. I’m always being nice even when I’m pissed off, or even when I feel like puking and throwing as many rocks as I could at that stupid couple. Appreciative? The hell. They never appreciated my “kindness”, or what stupid heck you call it.

  I’m Im Yoona, okay. I don’t have to be empathetic.

  Choi Minho, you’re a bastard that doesn’t know his place. You think you’re so great, huh? Well, get a life. You’re not the most handsome guy in Korea. Hyunjoong-oppa and Nichkhun-oppa totally thrashed you at it. Don’t go acting so cocky like everyone likes you. You can be some bloody Noona Killer all you want, but I have no desire or no way to fall into your charms. It disgusts me.

  You don’t even take me seriously.

  Kwon Yuri, you’re just an attention seeker to takes advantage of others because you think you can just kick them off like that. Ever since you met me for the first time, I knew that you never once truly saw me as a friend, right? You just wanted to make me slave away for you, so it would look like you’re so pitiful, whilst I’m the popular . Heck. Go and run off with Minho all you want, I don’t give a damn, okay.

  I never said I cared.

  “Stupid flirt.”

  I cursed under my breath as I threw the last bottle at him. I didn’t care if all the freaking fans were watching. I didn’t care. I’ve taken enough, don’t you think? I’m always in the middle. Always. What’s the use of being pretty and natural when I’m forced to be pushed around by two egomaniacs who don’t even care about how I hate it all?

  Does anyone even know why I take it all in?

  I’m in the same group as Yuri, for crap’s sake. Like it’s going to get me anywhere if I started hating her. I was being bloody nice, and what did I get for it? And that stupid Minho. He’s in the same bloody agency as me. And come on, SHINee is supposed to be close to SNSD. I’m nice for a reason.

  But that’s such a stupid reason.

  Getting badmouthed online by fans who hated me going near Minho or Yuri because I was forced to help them, getting pushed around by idiots, and having to act all nice. I’m truly a born actress, aren’t I? A wonderful actress so much that I practically bite my lips off holding myself from saying all those awful words. Aish…why does life have to be so hellish?

  Being an entertainer . 

I dropped the bottle of water.

"Aish, stupid bottle."

~~~

 

Before you say anything, NONE OF THIS IS REAL. NEITHER DO I MEAN IT. It's just a drabble about how Yoona might possibly think and stuff. I don't mean to offend any shippers of Minho or Yuri. 

This chapter's called Bottled Water, because you know how bottles of water, once you open them, water comes out right? It's the same for emotions. When you suppress emotions, they will also flow out. This is Yoona's biggest problem, the fact that she has been pushed around but suppresses her emotions way too much. 

Next chapter is Flaming Charisma Choi Minho.

The story's developement will be moving in a different direction from my past fics. Stories are all known to move forward to uncover the truth right? This story will move backwards(: Now all you know is the small detail of Yoona being frustrated right...

Read the next chapter to get your life on! 

 

The Candyredhearts Series:

|| Dear Juliette || Flower Tears || The Deer & The Flame ||

||  The Edge of Love || One Spring Day || Cho Sarang ||