Prologue

Children of the Calm Morning

At the light of an oil lamp, I'm writing and maybe this is going to be the last time... I don't even know what I am going to do. Outside, the sky is clear and the Prussian blue night seems calm and warm. But I know this is one of the most cheating illusion. Who can tell what kind of horror the Streets Army or the Peace Guardians are going to commit tonight, while some are peacefully sleeping? I am scared just by the thought of what is happening to him, right now...

And we can't even save him. It would be too many risks. Anyway, this would be to choose between one death or another. I am so sad... And even with the power I look like possessing, in reality, there is nothing I can do for him. I could even shove him to a more atrocious death if I do anything.

The three of us, we were beautiful like those faces in the western forbidden paitings... We had the youth and the ardor. Our futility was softly cutting itself in the middle of our ideals and our fights for life. Around us, there was the aura, the old-fashioned charm of those love triangle from the romantic novels, the intoxication and the impressiveness of those scandalous and illegitimate adult books that some are secretly selling to the students. The jealousy of the one was nuturing my dazzling attraction for the other. The impetuosity of the one was making me completely allured by the softness and the glances filled with innuendo of the other... What are we going to be now? Nothing at all, no matter how this will end. But that nothing... Wouldn't it be better if we gave up on it, to lock it inside our hearts forever, in order to keep the bittersweet memory of it?

I'm not sure of anything anymore...

***************************************************************

It was a very short prologue, yes I know. In fact, this introduction is happening somewhere close to the end. The story will get clearer as the chapters will be published. Please, give it a try! ^^

Thanks for any of your support! ♥