Note

Himduro

So firstly, I apologize for those of you who will see this notice multiple times. Not everyone is subscribed to Himduro, so I have cross posted it, but I do feel very strongly about the topic and it concerns my quasi-hiatus.

 

Many of you know by now that I update on Fridays. Every Friday you can, without fail, expect me to update on Friday. 

 

There will not be an update this Friday. I do not know if there will be an update the week after either. 

 

Yes, I'm busy. Yes, I have finals. Yes, I haven't started my research paper yet. But these aren't the biggest reason for my hiatus. I try very hard not to be the comment that I am, but I do indeed desire feedback. I appreciate those of you so busy with your day that you barely have enough time to type out "I enjoyed this, I don't regret spending the time reading it" or something along those lines. You could very easily be a silent reader, but you aren't. And I'm eternally grateful for that.

Because for every comment, it's a person who finished reading the chapter, instead of clicking the story because it seemed interesting and gave up because it was too bad to finish.

 

I sound paranoid. But that's partially because I am. 

The biggest reason I am going on hiatus, Himduro, Hot Maknae, Break Your Heart, and Through My Lens will remain untouched for who knows how long, because I'm starting to grow complacent with my work. I've started leaning towards quantity instead of quality and that's the worst sin a writer can commit. 

Do I wish I could rewrite all of Hot Maknae? Do I wish Dongwoo's chapter of Himduro never happened? Do I wish Through My Lens was something completely different? Yes. But I'm too busy writing something new to go back and change it.

So my goal now is to write things properly the first time, to put quality back into this quantity, and to improve with every piece I write. Not to deterioate with each chapter to the point where I don't even want to update a story because I know one of the chapters I wrote and haven't even uploaded to AFF is sub-par and I'm semi-complacent with it. 

 

So again, for all those quick typed out comments that so easily could have been silent readers, thank you so much.

 

But for those of you who type out your favorite part, or correct a typo, or try and guess the next part of my semi-existent plot, you guys mean the world to me. There aren't enough of you. But that might be because I'm not worth of you.