Sunggyu

Himduro

 

Sunggyu is the first to go solo.

 

The entire band opposes; not because Sunggyu cannot go solo, but rather because they don't want him to. Because going solo means more work. And Sunggyu definitely needs to have more work in his life.


Sunggyu is the first to debut anyways.

 

He hides the weekly schedule. There is little to no room for sleep and free time is no longer defined in their dictionary. But there is one column with more colors and thicker blocks than any other.

 

It’s hard being the leader.

 


 

Sunggyu is opposed to the idea of Infinite H. Because the last thing the members need is more work. Dongwoo pulls him aside.


Was it this hard for you?

 

Sunggyu slams the door of the van behind him. The metal frame vibrates. He sighs. It is the typical overscheduled day in the life of Infinite. One manager is busy driving Dongwoo and Hoya to their subunit promotions. The other has been charged with delivering Sunggyu to Weekly Idol, Sungjong to dance practice, and Myungsoo to script readings.

 

It’s too damn busy.

 

Sunggyu’s fingers comb through his hair. “Hyung, what do I have after this?” Two hours to sleep. “What does Dongwoo have?” Meeting with the CEO. Discussing Infinite H and Infinite.

 

The CEO is only slightly surprised when dark red hair greets him rather than cotton candy pink.

 

It’s too damn busy.

 


 

Sunggyu is eerily silent on the trip back. His manager doesn’t ask, not anymore.

 

Dongwoo is the first one at the door when Sunggyu finally gets in. Dongwoo gets a full three sentences in, you haven’t had a break in months, before Woohyun gets to the door, I’m second oldest you know. He doesn’t ask. You don’t have to do everything on your own.

 

Sunggyu just tells.

 

Woohyun is holding Sunggyu, no greasy expressions, no cheesy words. In fact, there are no words at all –just Dongwoo glaring at Sunggyu and Sunggyu collapsed in Woohyun’s warmth.

Dongwoo wishes he hadn’t said anything. Dongwoo wishes working more doesn’t mean sleeping less. Dongwoo wishes Sunggyu could have Woohyun by his side every second of every day.

 

And perhaps that tells the most of all.

 


 

There are three things that Sunggyu opposes above all else: Sungjong going solo, Sungjong entering a subunit, and Woohyun going solo.

 

But the first two are oppositions all of Infinite shares –with the exception of Sungjong, perhaps.

 

Sometimes, Sunggyu feels selfish, for wanting to bottle that voice up, and experience the atomic explosions on his own. But then he remembers that singing isn’t just sharing… it’s work.

 

Sunggyu throws a fit when Woohyun reveals he wants to go solo.


He isn't sure what bothers him more, Woohyun having to work harder or Woohyun having to work harder without him.


When Sunggyu pulls Woohyun aside, he means to chide him. He means to express his frustration, to talk some sense into his dongsaeng, to guilt trip Woohyun into not going solo.


Woohyun looks into Sunggyu's eyes, and that prepared rant disappears. In fact, Sunggyu's voice disappears altogether and his words stumble out in a half choke. He doesn't have to ask.


Was it this hard for you?


Woohyun nods. He didn't have to.

 


 

 


The CEO is only slightly surprised when the bright red hair intrudes upon the monotony in his office once again. "I want another subunit."

 

The CEO hasn't heard that one before.


Sunggyu folds the schedule into a tiny square. The colorful blocks are still too thick, too numerous, and the white blocks in between are still too short, too sparse. But Sunggyu takes a bit of pride in shorter blocks by Dongwoo and Hoya's names and the existence of white blocks under Woohyun's.


He ignores the chaos of color beneath his own name.


It's hard being the leader, but it’s harder to see you hurt.

 


 

I'll give you a hint... there's a bit of OT7 and a lot of vocal line, rapper line, and visual line (aka, prankster + maknae line). Oh, and the leader doesn't understand everything. The one who does will explain the beginning at the end.

 

Leave your love in the comments below.