I`m Sorry

You Know Me Too Well

OHHH. I kept everyone hanging again. XD Anyway, here`s the chapter you all have been waiting for~


Taemin grabbed Nami by the hand and dragged her to an empty hallway. They stood on opposite sides. Nami tried to avoid any eye contact with Taemin.

“While you were busy talking to some old friends, I chatted with your group,” Taemin spoke with a serious tone. “They said you came to YG during 2007. That`s the same year you left. They also said you came straight from Seoul. You told me you went back to Gwangju.”

“I-I,” she started explaining. She took a deep breath. “I never went back to Gwangju. I got into YG two weeks after I left SM.” She eventually admitted everything to him.

“Do you know how hard it was for me when you left?” He slowly started to tear up. “My life became so difficult after the one person I trust the most suddenly left.” He paused.  

“Oppa..”

“But I stayed strong. I continued training because I wanted to fulfill YOUR dream. You brought me into all this. I didn`t want to disappoint you. But it was so hard going through everything alone. I wanted to give you the cake you loved whenever your birthday came, but I couldn`t. I didn`t have your bossiness beside me which always challenged me. I had to stand by myself. But I had to bear all of that, which I did. Now you tell me you lied all this time? That really hurts. I may sound like I`m overreacting, but it really mattered to me to know how you were doing.” Taemin started to wipe off his tears. “We were basically one. I guess we aren`t anymore.”

By that time, Nami was already crying too. “I`m sorry.”

Despite everything, Taemin still couldn`t handle seeing her crying, especially because of the last time he saw her. He wanted to comfort her, but he stopped himself. He wanted to hear what she had to say.

“The real reason why I left was very personal. If I told you, I might have stopped you from the success you could be having, which you definitely have now. I told you I was going to Gwangju, because I didn`t want you to be looking for me around Seoul. I didn`t tell you I was in YG because I thought the way you talk to me would be different. You might not trust me anymore.” She wiped her tears away. “Those may be the worst reasons ever, but it was all because I cared for our friendship. I treasure it so much. I know I was wrong to lie all this time. Hate me. I understand.” Tears started falling down her face again. “Taemin oppa, I`m sorry.” She walked away, scared of what he would say next.

Taemin immediately took her by her wrist and pulled her back. “You`re not running away from me again.” Nami was still wiping her tears away. She didn`t make eye contact with him.

“I guess you can`t make me do anything after all.” Taemin said. “How can I ever hate you? That`s hard, you know.” His eyes were still red, but he managed to put on a smile. "Sure, I hate you to an extent right now.. but I don`t think I can ever genuinely hate you." He spread out his arms, asking for a hug.

Nami gave in. “I`m really sorry for everything. I was really stupid.”

“I know.” He held her in his arms.

“Wait. The sorry part or the stupid part?” She managed to stop more tears from falling.

“..stupid..” Taemin coughed.

“EH?? Oppa!” She pushed him away and pouted.

“Haha. Welcome back to Seoul.. from Gwangju,” he said, with air quotes when ‘Gwangju’ was mentioned.

“Stop making me feel bad already!” They started to walk back to where the others were.

“You deserve it.”

“Hn.” She crossed her arms. “You know.. I can`t believe you fell for that Gwangju lie. I mean, you usually know when I lie.”

“You were crying! I didn`t know what to believe anymore!”

“Whatever you say oppa, whatever you say,” she said sarcastically. She pulled his hat down. “By the way, nice hair. Mind telling me the new concept?” She messed up the boy`s hair.

Taemin stole his hat back. “Heck no.”

“But you always tell me your concepts!”

“For the mean time, no more spoilers. After that lie, I`m not telling you anything.” He pulled one of her pigtails again.

“OW! Stop doing that! But then again, I guess I deserved that,” she said. “You know.. I`m still barefoot.”

“So?”

“Pshh.”

When they finally reached where the groups were, someone caught her eye.

“AHHHH!! PABO OPPA. WHY THE HECK ARE YOU EATING MY CHIPS??” Nami stomped to Key. She tried to snatch the bag of chips from him.

“BECAUSE I CAN, GIRL. BECAUSE I CAN,” Key said then continued to eat.

“Aww. I missed these kinds of moments,” Taemin commented from the back.

Nami was still trying to tackle Key for her chips when someone else suddenly snatched it from Key. “You must be Nami. I`m Jonghyun. Nice to meet you!” He smiled and handed Nami the chips.

She stood up straight, leaving Key alone. “Yeah, I am. Nice to meet you too!” They shook hands. “Thanks for helping me with this,” she said, referring to the bag of chips.

“No problem. Key here has an attitude problem at times,” Jonghyun said while patting Key`s head.

“Wow. Jonghyun hyung. Thanks,” Key said bitterly. “By the way, she has more attitude issues than me. Did you know, the first time we met, she called me pabo immediately. So rude!” He crossed his arms.

“It was true though.” Nami ate her chips. “You were hogging my best friend!” She pulled Taemin closer.

“Hyung WAS creepy that day,” Taemin laughed. “But I do agree that both of you have attitude issues.”

Key and Nami both gasped loud.

“Oh, by the way,” Taemin immediately said before any of them could start being cranky. “Nami, this is Minho hyung.” He pointed to the tall guy next to him.

“Oh my gosh! You`re my favorite SHINee member after I watched Hello Baby!” She suddenly acted like a total fangirl. “You were the best appa, I swear.”

Minho innocently scratched the back of his head. “Wow, thanks. I really like kids, that`s all.”

“I was first place appa though,” Key boasted.

“That`s cause you spread your arms too wide when you ask Yoogeun to choose,” she answered back. “And that Power Rangers shirt at the end? I firmly believe Jonghyun oppa should have won.”

“Yes! Finally, someone who agrees!” Jonghyun cheered. “Original is better!”

“Fine. Be that way!” Key had no one on his side. Everyone just laughed.

“La!” Onew jumped into the group.

“What the-,” Nami was surprised. Everyone was silent for a while.

“Whatever he does, it`s always Onew condition!” Key and Jonghyun sang together.

“He wasn`t this bad when I last saw him.” Nami laughed. “Sorry Onew oppa!”

All of a sudden, Nami`s pigtail was pulled.. again. “AH! Taemin oppa!”

“It wasn`t me!” Taemin put his hands up.

“We have to go, maknae!” She heard someone from behind.

“Ahh, Minhee unnie! Sorry about that,” Nami apologized and turned to SHINee. “Nice talking to you guys. Hopefully, we get to see each other again. Bye!” She waved goodbye and walked away with the other members.

Taemin pulled her back before she could take her second step. “What?” she asked.

“No more lies, ok?” he whispered.

“Promise,” she whispered back. “Sorry again for everything.” Then she started walking again.

“You better be.”


Comments are greatly appreciated. :3