Reminiscent

You Know Me Too Well

Your Name - SHINee ♪


Since the comeback lounge event, Nami hasn`t had any encounter with any SM artist. She had her own schedules to attend to. But despite that, she kept updated with SHINee`s activities even though she was out-of-town for the past few weeks.

 

After touring a couple cities, Expression finally found themselves back in Seoul, and again, with not much free time nonetheless.

Nami sat down in the YG lounge with Minzy who also just got back from her 2NE1 activities. Nami had her ‘Lucifer’ album in hand while she was indulging herself with a bag of chips. She flipped through the pages, examining each unique picture. After a while, she eventually admitted to herself that Taemin`s long hair was quite nice.

Other than the pictures, Nami also took time to read through the lyrics. She`s been listening to their songs ever since they came out, but she felt the need to still read the words on paper.

“You know, I`m so proud of him,” Nami said as she stared at a certain page.

Minzy sat closer to her to get a better look. “Who? Taemin oppa?”

Nami shook her head. “Yeah, of course him too. I`m talking about him.” She pointed at the writing on the page.

Minzy looked closer and realized whose picture it was on there. “YOU`RE PROUD OF KEY OPPA??” Her eyes widened at the unexpected compliment.

Nami`s glared at her. “NO, YOU PABO!” She moved the album closer to Minzy as she pointed to something more specific. “I meant him.”

Korean Lyrics by ONEW

“Oh? Onew oppa?” Minzy read the fine print.

Nami nodded with a nostalgic look on her face. “He finally took the courage to get his song out there,” she explained. “He`s had that written down way before he even started training.”

Minzy nodded her head in amusement. “Can we listen to it? I`m curious.”

Nami flipped the album to the last page and retrieved the CD. She walked to the stereo and inserted the CD. There wasn`t anyone else in the lounge so it was completely fine for her to play the song. She skipped all the previous songs until she reached the ninth track.

Nee gin saeng meori nan hwanghol hae~
Nal seuchyeogal ddae ajjil han geol nan~

The two girls swayed to the nice, soft beat of the song.

“This song is nice,” Minzy said. “Really relaxing.”

Nami nodded. “I love this song,” she said. “And a lot of that is because it saved us in training once.” She laughed remembering the moment she first met the SHINee leader.

 

-flashback-

“Er.. I can`t find anyone without a partner,” the new guy, Jinki, told the trainer after he searched around the room.

“Uhm.. just go with them,” the trainer just pointed at a random duo without looking.

“Annyeong,” he approached them. They looked pretty dumbfounded, with blank pieces of paper in their hands.

“Annyeong,” the two responded calmly.

Jinki noticed their defeated looking selves. “Uhm.. I got a song composed from a long time ago. Do you think it will help?”

Both Taemin and Nami`s face lit up. They both knew they wouldn`t be able to come up with a song. They nodded, giving him approval. “YES!”

Jinki took several breaths and eventually sang it to them. His voice proved to be extremely sweet and relaxing to listen to. His composition seemed really well thought out too.

“Wow.”

He smiled at the good feedback he got from the two.

They got the lyrics set and figured out after. Later on, they had Taemin figure out how to play the song in the piano and Nami came up with short rapping segments to add up to it. They finished with a ton of time to spare.

“You`re a lifesaver! We can never compose anything in that span of time,” Nami thanked him. “Oh yeah! We never got a chance to introduce ourselves. I`m Nami and this is Taemin.” She gestured to herself and the boy next to her.

“I`m sorry if she`s a little rude at times, hyung,” Taemin realized how informal Nami spoke to him even with the age difference.

“Oh yeah! Sorry Jinki oppa,” Nami laughed. “I get carried away at times.”

Jinki waved his hands. "No, no. It`s ok. Don`t worry." He smiled innocently at them.

After several minutes, the short performances started. They were the third group to take the floor. Taemin went to the piano and started to play, indicating the cue for the song. Jinki sang his part, showcasing his beautiful voice all over again. Nami ended their performance with her rap. The trainer and trainees all gave them applauses.

“Really good job!” the trainer commended them. "The composition itself and the way the three of you utilized your talents well was just superb!"

-end flashback-

 

“Man.. I felt like we used him.” Nami shook her head as she stared blankly at nothing.

“But you came up with the other parts anyway right?” Minzy said. “I mean, I could imagine this song with a piano accompaniment. That would be nice to hear.” She visualized the possible sound of it. “Oh, and with your rap of course. ^w^”

Nami sighed. “Yeah, it would be nice to get together with the guys and sing this again.”

“You know, that would make a really nice special stage,” Minzy suggested.

Nami gasped ecstatically. “It would!”

 

“I can`t believe you even remembered,” Onew said as he set down a couple pieces of paper on top of the piano. “That was from such a long time ago.”

Nami shook her head. “No, it stuck pretty well.” She took her index finger and pointed at her brain. “I mean, that was the day we all met, and that song saved us in music training,” she explained.

Onew nodded, taking her explanation. “..But Taemin didn`t remember.” He pouted as he pointed at the long-haired boy sitting at the piano.

Nami frowned and looked at Taemin. “How dare you forget his song.”

Taemin shrugged and smiled innocently. “I never treated that day as something especially special like you did, I guess.”

“..I`m hurt.”

“Yah! Look what you did to Onew oppa!” Nami walked to Taemin and gave him a light hit on the head.

Onew stood up straight and clasped his hands together as if nothing happened. “Ok, let`s get started!”

Taemin and Nami, being used to his condition, followed and set up the music and microphones.

“You know, you should really stop intruding the SM building all the time, YG artist,” Taemin said while he was setting the sheet music in front of him. “You go here for celebrations, random events, and now you take advantage of our music room??”

Nami raised a brow at him. “It`s not my fault you guys were too chicken to use YG`s facility.”

Onew shot up. “DID SOMEONE SAY CHICKEN?”

Taemin and Nami gave themselves a facepalm. “Aigo, let`s just start, shall we?” Nami suggested.

 

“Nareul boolleojweo my name~ Oneuli baro your day~”

“Neoreul wihae modeungeol haejul~”

“Namani hal su itneun jakeun sunmooleul kkok~”

“Negae jugo shipeo jigeum dalryeoga gobaek halgeoya~”

Taemin played the piano as all three of them sang the song with lines evenly spread. It felt like no time has passed since the last time the three of them did this together. It was their first run, and already, it felt perfect.

Nami took her time for her rap. Minho had his own rap in the song, but since they were doing this to reminisce anyway, she decided to bring back her old lyrics. It wasn`t exactly the same as before, but she was sure that the meaning and gist of it was the same.

Much like last time, they decided to shorten the song and end it with Nami`s rap. It was also partly because they were told to cut the song short since they were only allotted three minutes for their special stage.

 

“Aigo~ I`m so excited for this!” Nami jumped up as soon as she met up backstage with Taemin and Onew.

“Me too,” Onew said with a wide smile. “Your idea was great.”

Nami shook her head. “If you wanna thank anybody, go thank Minji. She actually thought of this.”

“Oh?” Onew reacted. “I`ll be sure to do that then~”

“Oh yeah,” Nami said. “I`m glad you kept the rap part in the song. I know you never intended for it to be there in the first place.”

Suddenly, Taemin started laughing.

Nami looked at him weirdly, while Onew tried to hide his face by turning around.

“Now, Nami,” Taemin said. “If you wanna thank anybody for that, go thank Minho hyung. Onew hyung completely erased that from the composition initially.”

Nami rolled her eyes to Onew, who was looking slightly embarrassed. “..Oh is that so?”

 

“Gakkeum neega seulpeul ddaen~ Nan neoeui mameul molla~”

“Geureolttae nan kiseuhaji~”

“Neoeui jakeun sonae immachoom~ Geureokhae poollindamyeon nan meot beonirado~”

Taemin sat on the piano with a microphone stand in front of him. Onew and Nami took either side of the piano with their handheld microphones. The performance had a really casual feel. Taemin`s playing made it feel that way. Plus, their outfits were semi-casual too.

Ever since the news about this stage was out, fans all over immediately felt excited. It wasn`t just SHINee and Expression`s fans, but also those outside. It wasn`t often that artists from the two companies collaborated. Other than that, this was the first time the famous Taemin/Nami duo would perform together after the dance showdown.

Onew sang his heart out, showing how much he`s worked on this composition. His sweet, deep voice captured the audience immediately.

Being a guy`s song, Nami had to take the challenge of singing the song in the same pitch. That didn`t prove to be difficult though. Her voice`s pitch matched the song pretty well.

Taemin was playing and singing at the same time, giving him the most difficult job. He`s never played and sang at the same time in front of an audience before, but his skills showed. His performance was flawless.

 

After the performance, Onew and Taemin had to storm off to their dressing room to get ready for their next stage for ‘Lucifer.’ Their promotions were not done yet.

“Good luck, you two~” Nami cheered them on. “I`ll be watching!”

“You better be,” Taemin replied kiddingly.

 

From backstage, Nami watched the boys as they performed their song. It was her first time watching them live. She felt really impressed how they could just take on any character for their performances. Just earlier, they were singing a sweet song. Now, they`ve transformed into serious and charismatic singers.

 

After the performance, Nami caught up to SHINee to congratulate them once again. Besides, she had nothing to do for the rest of the day.

“You guys were great!” She jumped up as if she was a fangirl.

Jonghyun smirked at her. “Of course.”

Key did the same. “What do you expect?”

Nami glared at the both of them and moved her attention to the three other members. “Oh, and Minho oppa!”

Minho turned to her. “Ne?”

“Thanks for putting the rap part for ‘Your Name.’” She smiled, genuinely thanking him.

“No problem. ^__^” he said. “I wasn`t gonna let Jonghyun hyung get all that time to do adlibs again.” He laughed.

“Yah!” Jonghyun reacted. “It was better than nothing!”

Nami shook her head as she laughed at the two of them. She just let them be for a while and sat on the couch in the room. She took out her phone only to see a text message from Minzy.

Good job out there! I knew it would sound great~ <3 –Minji

Nami smiled while reading the message.

It wasn`t long until Taemin crept to the seat next to her. “So finally, you see us perform.”

“Yah.” Nami playfully punched his shoulder. “At least it eventually happened.”

Taemin shrugged, continuing to annoy her. “But I was the best right?” He nudged her shoulder with his elbow. “Right?”

Nami smiled, stopping his elbow from colliding with her. “Of course,” she said. “And I`m proud of you the most.”


...

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO THIS FIC! LAKJDF;LKASD; *gives you all cookies and drinks and whatnot*

XDD Lololol. Time went by fast. OTL It`s been a year, and barely anything is happening in this story. ;___;

But lol. I love how this one landed on chapter 40. So exact. :3 Plus, I have 120 subs. So exact again. XDD

Hehe. So there you go~ That`s why the song is significant. ^___^ Actually, if you trail back to one of the first chapters, you`ll find that flashback. So yeah. It`s been part of the story all along. :D

I promise more Taemin/Nami interaction in the future chapters. ;3; It`s all been mixed lately huh? OTL

Go check out KPop Sweatbands for discounted SHINee sweatbands~ Also, check my story Pretending. It`s a Jonghyun fic. :P That one`s going really well too. :D

Comment/Subscribe~