Author's Note

Flower of Despair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, this is the promised long A/N. I will probably just randomly babble some stuff and talk about how I first got the idea and so on. But I think it'll be interesting. I did that with ToF as well and many seemed to like it. ;)

But since I don't think there's all too much of an analysis other than Hana's growth over the story, which is very evident in my opinion, I will rather talk about how the idea of this story arose. 

Actually, as you can see in the foreword, it was first inspired by Tablo's quote because I entered a contest with it. Because of that quote I wanted the protagonist who feels abandoned by the world because she's lost something that made her worth something. And it was during last year's winter that I had a vaccination and couldn't move my arm for a day. I tried to draw with my other hand, but no avail. And I realized just how precious my strong hand is. I wonder what losing my right hand had to feel like. So I connected that to a little trauma of mine where I once lost many drawings (I even made a blog post and it's explained in muuuch more detail there) and the emptiness I felt. 

Hana's love for art is exactly what I feel about art, so I based her on my artistic side. My artistic and  my emotional side. Her negative thoughts about this world are what I had from time to time (and I still have).  I figured there were way too few fanfics focusing on art, so it was about time. 

That was the foundation. ;)

 

 

As for the characters, I love them. I love Hana and the Luhan persona I created here so much. Because they're two so broken and tragic people who ended up loving each other more than they loved themselves. Which is ing amazing if you ask me because both of them started off as very selfish people. 

 

What I love about Hana is how flawed she is. Unlike my other protagonist Ara (from Touch of Fear), she is so irrational, emotional and often very weak. She has so many flaws

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter