The Fool

Blind Sight

"Uhm, I..." Xiumin trembled. His eyes darted from face to face and to the wall then back. There were people all around. Boys in their black uniform jackets and badges on their chests. Faces full of deceit and mouths that made sounds he could not comprehend. His body moved rigidly as he slowly stepped back, one by one. And one by one the boys readied themselves to do, oh, god please. If the blind eye sees then the mute beau speaks.

"你们这个王八蛋!没有教育的村妞.走!...走走走还等着什么?!" A boy belted from the blue.

The other ones began to back up, "小破王子.看看下次则么样,我告诉你."

Some random guy just ran in and saved him, but Xiumin wasn't going to complain or anything. That was just... Unexpected. No one has come between him in such a jeopardous situation before.

Xiumin looked down from the other boy's face and slid alongside the stone wall as his knees gave in. The other boy kneeled down and held a hand out for him. "I'm Luhan, it's nice to meet you, Xiumin." Xiumin gazed up, startled. "My name, how? You speak Korean..? But..." He mumbled aloud. He has never talked to a boy named Luhan before. In fact, he has never heard of a student in this school named Luhan before. "Ah! Sorry. I know a lot of things about the school, because I am the principle's son. And I lived in Korea for a while; not to toot my own horn but I'm pretty fluent." Luhan smiled as he pulled Xiumin up in one swoop. Xiumin broke his stare off of the Chinese boy and stuttered "N-nice to meet you Luhan!" He quickly bowed, "and thank you for driving those guys away. Really saved my life there, ahaha..." He bashfully responded.

* Ring Ring Ring *

"Class ends now, just three more periods to go! I'll see you some other time, and it's not a problem. I am obliged to help someone as dainty as you."

Xiumin stood there in ambiguity with his mono-lidded eyes wide open. He gazed at the relative dimension in space Luhan stood a minute prior in time. Xiumin chewed through the thought of this Luhan actually sort of flirting with him, did he really? Did he? Why would he? That-

"Yo! Are you crazy? I thought I was the only one who's still in the hallway. Didn't expect to see you just standing here gaping at air."

"Oh, Chen!"

"Dude, you okay?" Chen asked. Xiumin nodded, and Chen swung his arm over the other’s shoulder. "’Kay then! Come on, let's get going already. We’re probably like ten minutes late, seriously!"

 


 

Thank you for reading! ; o ;

I just realized that you can't highlight anymore, so just in case some of you who are DYING to know the Chinese, I will now translate them for you at the end of each chapter. If you don't want to know, then just don't read it! c:

"你们这个王八蛋!没有教育的村妞.走!...走走走还等着什么?!" : "You son of a ! Farmer girls with no education! Go! Go, go, go, what are you still waiting for?!"

"小破王子.看看下次则么样,我告诉你." : "Ragged prince! Just wait and see what will happen next time, I'm telling you."

*cough cough* Doctor Who *cough cough*