Chapter One: Meet Alea/New Task

My Prince

Alea's back story: She was born in Oregon but moved to New York when she turned 18. She became a TV reporter and does a segment about celebrity gossip and the pop industry. She thinks of herself as an aspiring journalist and takes her work very seriously. She is a hard worker who practically lives at her job. She is always busy and doesn't hang out with her friends, but does that mean she doesn't have time for a relationship as well?

Alea starts her day as she starts every other day. She wakes up, brushes her teeth, gets dressed, and makes her daily cup of coffee and a bagel.

 "I'm ready for work!"

As she makes her way to work someone yells her name out. "Alea! Hey Alea!" She turns around only to find that it is Ryan, an old flame. She finally gets the courage to respond.

"Hi Ryan, how have you been?"

"I'm good. I got accepted to business school and I'm leaving town next week."

"That's great! How are you and Grace?I hear you're getting married next month."

Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm so excited. You know, I really do love her and I'm glad I get to spend the rest of my life with her. She's just the perfect one for me. Do you know the feeling?"

"Actually, no I don't. Anyways, I've got to get to work or else I'll be late." She begins walking, completely ignoring him.

"Okay. Bye Alea. It was great seeing you again. Bye...."

She starts to walk faster. Tears streaming down her face. She ends stopping in an alley way. She breaks down, crying.

"Why? Why must I suffer this way? Oh, god. He was my life. And she stole him. No, I pushed him away. I let him go......" A few minutes later she stops crying, straightens herself up and begins walking again. "Time for work!" Alea arrives at work right on time.

"Alea! Yes sir! Come to my office." " Yes sir." Alea walks in.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yes. I'd like to promote you."

"Really? Thank your sir!"

"Hold on, you must complete something for me before you're promoted. Ever heard of Kpop?"

"Yes, unfortunately."

"Well it seems to have caught some attention over here in America. I want you to interview a Korean pop boy band before any of the other TV stations do. I have chosen a boy band that seems quite innocent. They don't have a bad boy in the group or wear dark clothing or sing about partying and drinking with women. That is why we must break them. That's where you come in."

"What is it exactly that you want?"

"I want you to get some juicy information on them. Find out their secrets, what really goes on in their minds. They can't really be that perfect, right?"

"Ahh I see now."

"Yes. I have set up an interview with them for tomorrow. Now after you interview them I want you to get close to one of them. That means you may have to take risks. Are you up for the task?"

"Yes sir!"