When he comes back

This Luhan

 

Jinri rides the elevator to her apartment level while still deep in thought. The mysterious Kris turns out to be Yifan, Luhan’s cousin who came and beat the hell out of him earlier in the dawn. Now the only question remaining is: what did Kris has done that made a deep impact in Luhan? How does he connect to Luhan’s past? And most importantly, why does he show up now? What does he want right now?
 
Jinri sighs and leans to the wall of the empty elevator. Why should everything be complicated in her relationship with Luhan? First, there was Luhan and his major trust issues. Their relationship was pretty much severed at that time, but they managed to overcome it. Next, comes his sudden revelation of his rather dark past. Now, she hasn’t fully adapted to it but a new problem has arisen. Why can’t her current relationship be something simpler like her previous ones?
 
The elevator dings open and Jinri walks out of it as a reflex. Without paying much attention to her surrounding, she paces along the corridors and stop in front of a familiar door. She fishes her bag for the key and enters it into the keyhole. Surprisingly, it rejects her key. She tries it a couple times before she surrenders and scans her surroundings instead. Her eyes widen; she almost bangs her head on the door when she finally realizes where she is. She was thinking of going to her own flat but her habituated feet bring her to the front door of Luhan’s penthouse. She considers going back to her room but she ends up deciding against it. Luhan is the one that she needs to talk to the most. She has to straighten up about everything with him.
 
Jinri doesn’t bother to knock; she has the key, anyway. She barges inside and looks around for Luhan, only to be met by an empty penthouse. She slumps herself on the dining chair and folds her arms on the table, using them as a pillow for her head. She is exhausted—more emotionally than physically—from all the events today. As soon as she closes her eyes, she drifts into an uncomfortable slumber, haunted by her thoughts.

 

Jinri is awakened by the loud sound of doorbell. She rubs her eyes sleepily and stretches, only to feel prickling pain on all of her muscles. The doorbell rings impatiently a couple times, forcing her to quickly reach it. She peeks through the peephole and opens the door when she recognizes the two men standing in front of the door. The owner of the penthouse has finally arrived, alongside with her advisor.
 
“Hey, “ Zitao breathlessly greets her, an evident that he has carried Luhan all the way from the parking lot. Jinri nods back in acknowledgement, ignoring her empty stomach which suddenly thinks that right now is the best time to grumble embarrassingly. 
 
“Jinri, you are hungry!” Luhan cheerily comments with unfocused eyes before he releases his arms from Zitao’s shoulders and engulfs her in a tightbear hug. The smell of alcohol greets her, telling her that Luhan has just drunken more than his capability. Luhan is actually a pretty good drinker, but he still has his limit too, and today he clearly has passed over it.
 
“Do you want me to order you some takeouts or something?” Zitao offers good-naturedly, but Jinri quickly reclines with a shake of her head. She wants to break free from Luhan’s suffocating embrace but his arms around her were too strong. “Can’t you just…” she trails off but Zitao gets her request. He tries to peel Luhan’s hand from Jinri too, but the red haired man weakly brushes Zitao’s off.
 
“Just go home, Zitao. I’m with Jinri now,” Luhan slurs while waving his hand dismissively before resting his nose on her nape. He inhales loudly, taking in her scent into his system and sighs contently afterward. Zitao shrugs nonchalantly—as if he wasn’t the one who is responsible of letting Luhan to get too drunk—and is about to leave when Jinri calls him.
 
“You owe me a lot of explanation, Zitao.”
 
Jinri no longer cares that Zitao is her primary advisor for her thesis and thus granted with the authority to let her fail or pass her upcoming examination, or that her old-fashioned mind is scolding her for calling her lecturer by his first name. Her mind is too jumbled to be bothered about that anymore. All she wants now is an explanation from whomever that can give her a proper one, and Zitao seems to be a pretty viable option. However, the older man only grimaces as a response.
 
“I’m sorry, I can’t. You deserve to know more, I know, but it will be better if Luhan himself tells you everything.”
 
Without saying anything else he irresponsibly leaves, letting her to take care of a drunken Luhan who is stuck on her, quite literally, like a ing leech. She feels his lips wetting her neck and shakes her head because she isn’t really in the mood to have with him. How could she, after everything that happened today? But Luhan is too drunk to understand her gesture, so she decides to tell him off verbally.
 
“Luhan, I’m not…”
 
Don’t leave me,” he murmurs to Jinri’s neck. His voice is soft, almost like a whisper, trembling and faint.
 
Please don’t leave me,” he repeats, a bit firmer now, yet the quiver in his words is still quite obvious. Jinri’s eyes widen at his plead. Luhan never begs, he is too proud to do that, but now he does. It frightens her, how vulnerable he sounds right now. His grip on her tightens, as if afraid that she would run away if he doesn’t.
 
“Please don’t leave me, Jinri. I’m so dirty… but I can’t… if you go… I will… but I…” he mutters incoherently between the passionate, desperate kisses that he plants on her neck. Jinri starts to feel the familiar heat pooling on her lower body, and when he gently on the skin near her collar bone, she bits back a weak moan.
 
“Luhan…” Jinri breathily calls him but he isn’t listening and instead keeps his ministration on her nape. She cups his cheeks and raises them so that he faces her. What she sees surprises her; his eyes are reddened and his cheeks are glistening and moist. Luhan is crying. Luhan, albeit his effeminate features, is a mentally strong man. He rarely sheds a tear—despite of everything that happens—but now, he does.
 
Jinri is lost for words. The sight of Luhan being so fragile like right now feels really awkward for her, because she is too used with the tough, iron hearted Luhan. She has no idea that Luhan is that attached to her, so scared of her leaving him. She has planned—when she couldn’t find him in his penthouse earlier today—to be mad at him and demanding of a proper explanation, because damn, he owns her one, but now all of her thoughts are pushed into the back of her mind.
 
“Luhan, I’m here,” Jinri whispers instead and his hold on her gradually weakens. His hands finally leave her body and gently reach the sides of her face.
 
“Jinri, don’t leave me, I can’t…”
 
“I’m here, Luhan,” she replies but Luhan’s reddened eyes are still full with anxiousness, “I’m here. I’m here,” she chants as she leans closer to him and slowly closes the gap between them.
 
“Jinri…”
 
The moment Jinri’s lips touches Luhan’s feels perfect; their lips molds together as they moves in synchronized movements. As the kiss goes deeper, his tears and hers mix together, felt by their grazing tongues. He explores her cavern expertly—for he has always known how to please her even when he isn’t fully conscious—earning him a moan from her. Needs and heat are the only ones that push them; oxygen and everything else is forgotten for a while. 

 

 

When Jinri wakes up in the next morning, an intense headache and painful stomach greets her. That is what she gets for skipping two meals in a row. While groaning, she turns around and a , sleeping Luhan fills her vision. She slaps her forehead in realization, only to worsen the pain in her head. . No wonder she feels satisfied yet rather guilty right now. . Why did she have to sleep with him? She thinks she has been pretty clear with him that wasn’t what she wanted from him at the moment.
 
Jinri hurriedly rises from the bed and scurries to the bathroom before she let out hot, bitter, greenish liquid out of . The acidic liquid burns her esophagus, a nice reminder for her to not forget a meal again. She flushes down the toilet while massaging her temples, a futile effort to ease her pain. With sluggish steps, she walks to the medicine cabinet and fishes a couple medications—one for her merciless gastric acid and the other one for her headache—and gulps them down before she realizes that she almost forget another important pill. She quickly re-opens the medicine cabinet and swallows the pill. She sighs in relieve after doing so. The thought of her missing it terrifies her because, heck, she still isn’t ready to nurse a baby yet.
 
As she waits for the drugs to kick in, Jinri watches quietly how Luhan’s chest rhythmically moves along with his steady breathing; his long eyelashes rests on his pale, porcelain-like cheeks; his thin lips slightly ajar; and his slender fingers loosely gripping the bed sheet. He seems to be so peaceful; she doesn’t have the heart to wake him up and questions him, like she originally planned when she decides to barge into his penthouse. She lands her lips on his forehead instead and affectionately sweeps his bangs. When the pain has started to lessen, she ends up forcing herself into taking a bath and a simple breakfast—a toast and an egg—before walking out of his apartment, leaving him a simple note behind.


TBC


an:

Thank you so much for all the comments, votes, and new subs. I love you all T_T
On the side note, have you seen EXO’s first comeback stage on the 30th? Luhan had his hair dyed in dark red. O.O
Like, seriously. I almost choked when I noticed that because that is the color that is in my mind when I’m writing this story. I’m looking forward to watch the drama version of the MV; Luhan’s character seems to be interesting. I love the dance for their ‘Wolf’ MV and the song is slowly growing on me. I’m not going to say more about the comeback because I might just spoil it for those who haven’t seen it. One word for them, though: AWESOME!
 
These are my replies:
@Myloveisinfinite143: O_O Glad you are surprised, kekeke….
@jannet: thank you for your love ^^
@kchyo3211: Kekeke… thank you for the compliment.
@cindychiem98: thank you for the rare comment. ^^ Glad that you like it. Thank you so much for the compliment. >_< You are welcome^^ I’ve read a bit of yours and I like them ^^
@akogulh: there are still a lot to know about his past, kekeke… *spoiler alert*
@Pou_XoXo: this is what happens >_<
@taelliheart: thank you for joining the pack, kekeke… ^^ I hope I can keep you entertained.
@ Moon_Minhee: hmm…. So you think it is like that? We’ll see. ;)
 
With many thankful love,
Himalayancat