My Yeobo, Yang Yoseob

The Short Story Storeroom

“Yeobo, how’s the food preparations coming along?” Yo Seob called from the living room.

“Yah. Am I your maid?! This picnic was your idea, why do I have to make the food,” Jiyeon chastised. Even though her response was like that, she was still happily making the food, she just didn’t want to show it.

“Yeobooooooo~” Yo Seob whined before walking into the kitchen, pouting.

“Whaaaaaaat,” Jiyeon mimicked his tone.

“You don’t wanna spend time with Yo Seobie?” he said with a child-like voice, snaking his arms around her waist from the back.

“Of course I do. So help me,” Jiyeon smiled and pinched his nose.

“With what?” Yo Seob grinned.

“Well, you start off by telling me what you wanna eat.”

“Uh, I want ham sandwiches, Yo Seob replied thoughtfully.

“Alright,” Ji Yeon smiled and took Yo Seob’s hand off her, “wash your hands and help me.”

“Neh, yeobo~” Yo Seob chirped and gave Jiyeon a peck on the cheek. The two split up the work, Yo Seob would slice the ham into triangles while Jiyeon did the same with bread.

“Crusts or no crusts?” Jiyeon asked.

“Whatever my Yeobo likes, I like!” Yo Seob smiled while focusing on his ham.

“Alright. Yah, you’re doing it wrong! Cut it like this,” Jiyeon frowned and took Yo Seob’s hand before guiding him through the process, “yeobo.”

“Hmm?”

“Where’s your ring?” Jiyeon asked.

“My ring? I.. Uh..” Yo Seob trailed off.

“Well? You what?” Jiyeon pressed on.

“I lost it. Mianhe, yeobo,” Yo Seob pouted.

“Ohh. Well, alright,” Jiyeon mumbled, disappointed and angry. Yo Seob glanced over at her, a smile creeping up onto his lips. Whenever Jiyeon wasn’t looking, he’d steal secret glances at her, observing the tiniest little actions. When she was concentrating, the tip of her toungue would stick out at the left corner of her lip, occasionally her lips to prevent them from getting too dry. When she made mistakes, she would furrow her eyebrows and the corner of her lips would pull down into a cute little frown.

“What else do you wanna eat?” Jiyeon asked coldly after putting the ham, cheese and lettuce on the slices of bread and covering it with another slice.

“I want bibimbap,” Yo Seob squealed.

How can he still be so happy after losing our couple ring on our 2nd anniversary! Jiyeon ranted in her mind, unconsciously frowning.

“Anything else?”

“Nope~” Yo Seob said after washing his hands and making way for Jiyeon to wash hers.

“Alright, you can go. You’re more of a hassle than help anyway, look at the mess you made!” Jiyeon grumbled, looking at the cutting board where Yo Seob was slicing the ham. Bits of ham were strewn all over, even outside of the cutting board.

“Sorry yeobo, you know I’m a singer, not a chef,” Yo Seob smiled sheepishly. Yep, Yo Seob was a singer, a really great one at that. Their relationship was revealed to the public only 6 months into the relationship. The Beauties took it surprisingly well, only a handful were against it. Jiyeon was even liked by some of the fans. The members were close with her, especially Doojoon. Jiyeon and Doojoon were bestfriends even before their debut and the fans knew that. That’s why they understood why Yo Seob had chosen to date her. To the Beauties, Jiyeon was someone to look up to.

“Yeobo, fighting!” Yo Seob pumped his fists up and gave Jiyeon a little kiss on the lips before retreating to the Jiyeon’s bedroom. Jiyeon just shook her head, what else could he do apart from singing, dancing and making bird noises!

You finally realized! Don’t worry Yeobo, you’ll love my surprise for you! Yo Seob thought.

In the kitchen, Jiyeon was busy thinking of a punishment for Yo Seob.

“I should add something into the bibimbap..” Jiyeon mumbled to herself. An idea formed in her mind and she immediately pulled out everything salty and spicy from the cabinets and drawers.

“That’ll teach you a lesson! Never lose your ring on our anniversary, Yang Yo Seob!” Jiyeon smirked as she began mixing the rice, half a container of chilli paste, pepper, a whole tube of wasabi and soy sauce together. She made another bowl of bibimbap for herself and probably Yo Seob. But only when he decides to beg for forgiveness. She put the ground beef in a pan and began to stir fry it before putting the cooked beef into a separate plate from the washed and cooked bean sprouts, thin slices of freshly sauté-ed shiitake, sautè-ed carrots and boiled spinach. She began mixing the ingredients like she did for the Bomb Bibimbap. After safely hiding it from Yo Seob’s view, she called for him.

“Yang Yo Seob!” Jiyeon screeched.

“Neh Yeobo?” Yo Seob skipped out of the room.

“You’re capable of cleaning up while I take a shower, right?” Jiyeon narrowed her eyes at Yo Seob.

“Of course! Leave it to me!” Yo Seob smiled and smacked his chest lightly. Jiyeon nodded and went to her room to pick out clothes for the picnic. She decided on a casual look. A simple white tank top, grey cardigan and white shorts would do. She took the clothes and went to shower. After she was done, she took her towel and started to dry her hair while looking for the hair-dryer.

“Yeobo, I’m done!” Yo Seob said.

“Alright. Have you seen my hair-dryer anywhere? It’s not in the bathroom,” Jiyeon frowned, looking for her missing hair-dryer.

“It’s in your room drawer! I don’t even live here and I know,” Yo Seob shook his head playfully while fetching the hair-dryer for Jiyeon.

“Sit down, I’ll dry it for you,” Yo Seob smiled and made Jiyeon sit on the couch, ignoring her protests.

“Are you sure you know how to do it?” Jiyeon cocked an eyebrow at him suspiciously.

“Of course! Now quit moving,” Yo Seob said and plugged in the cable before turning the little machine on and blowing Jiyeon’s hair. The way he did was so calm and experienced that Jiyeon almost fell asleep during the process.

“Done! Can we go now?” Yo Seob smiled at his accomplishment and unplugged the hair-dryer and handed to Jiyeon.

“Jeez, just wait a little, Mr Impatient!” Jiyeon stuck her tongue out and went to put the boxes of prepared food into a straw basket used for picnics. While she was doing that, Yo Seob was busy finalizing his plans for the surprise. Yo Seob took the basket from Jiyeon since it was heavy. After putting on their shoes and disguises, they set off in Yo Seob’s car.

When they arrived at Seoul National Park, the place was full of families out for some quality time. The couple headed deeper into the park, as they went deeper, there were lesser people. They decided on a little corner, facing the beautiful water fountain. Yo Seob laid out the mat and sat down with Jiyeon.

“Yeobo, eat the bibimbap while it’s still warm,” Jiyeon bit her bottom lip to prevent herself from giving the secret away. Yo Seob took the bowl and a spoon. Jiyeon took the “normal” one for herself and watched Yo Seob taking a spoonful of rice to his mouth.

“Why does it smell so weird?” Yo Seob furrowed his eyebrows.

“Just eat it,” Jiyeon pressed on. Yo Seob did as told and put the rice into his mouth. The second it was in, his eyes widened and he started to break out in sweat as he chewed. Jiyeon quickly took the bowl away from him to prevent him from spitting it out.

“This is your punishment for losing the ring! Swallow it and I’ll forgive you!” Jiyeon smirked. Yo Seob quickly swallowed the rice down and scrambled for the basket to take the bottle of water. Quickly, he gulped down half of it in one go.

“Yeobo! That was mean!” Yo Seob pouted.

“Who told you to lose the ring, huh?!” Jiyeon retorted.

“But I—” Yo Seob bit his lip, “I’m going somewhere, wait for me here.”

--

“Are you guys ready yet?!” Yo Seob whispered harshly over the bush that the members were hiding behind, out of Jiyeon’s sight, of course.

“Yeah, we are. Hurry bring noona over!” Dongwoon said.

“Please, Dongwoon, she’s only a month older, no need for ‘noona’. Besides, she doesn’t like it when you call her that,” Yo Seob rolled his eyes at the maknae.

“That’s not important, just bring her over!” Dongwoon urged.

“Alright, alright,” Yo Seob shook his head and went back to where Jiyeon was waiting for him.

Pulling her up, he said, “Yeobo, follow me, I have something to show you.”

“But the food!”

“Forget about that,” Yo Seob quickened his pace.

“Well, just so you know, I put alotta effort into that!” Jiyeon frowned.

“Into that crazy bibimbap that you made?”

“Hehe,” Jiyeon smiled sheepishly. "What’s the surprise?”

“You’ll see,” Yo Seob smiled. "Guys, come out!”

One by one, the members popped out from behind the bush they were hiding for half an hour. Doojoon stood up holding a balloon that had an “I” on it. Hyunseug popped out with a balloon with a ‘♥’ on it. Junhyung held a balloon with a ‘Y’ on it. Kikwang held a balloon with an ‘O’. And Dongwoon held a balloon with a ‘U’ on it. The balloons formed the sentence, "I ♥ YOU". On the string of the last helium balloon, were two rings tied together. Diamond rings to be exact. It was big and it wasn’t fancy but it was sincere.

“Y-Yo Seob ah..” Jiyeon started offs, tears of joy and being touched were b in her eyes. Yo Seob let go of her hand to retrieve the last balloon from Dongwoon so he could take the rings. One by one, the members left to give them time alone.

“Yeobo, guess what? I saved up for a new ring,” he smiled sweetly, “I bought you a real one this time, it won’t get rusty like the one you’re wearing now. And I didn’t lose the previous one, it’s here,” he fished the old and rusty ring from his pocket, “it got rusty but I couldn’t bear to throw it away. So here,” he slipped the ring on her finger, “happy 2nd anniversary to us.”

“I love you, my baby, my Yeobo, my Kim Jiyeon,” Yo Seob finished the special surprise off with a sweet kiss.


Wow I two years ago. I probably still do.