Stay up too late, and I'm too thin...

White Houses

I stretched out my arms and curled in my toes as I attempted to open my eyes. On second thought, I’m not opening my eyes, the sun burns too much. Ugh, God, where am I? What did I do last night? What…what’s on my head?
I sat up in bed and looked around my room, how did I get here? I can’t remember anything and my head is pounding terribly. When I reached up to run my fingers through my hair and they met some kind of barrier…its a hat…a Native American…head dress WHAT THE !?

With a loud slam, my bathroom door swung open.
“AHHH!!” Embarrassingly, I flung back and hit my head on the wall, making my headache worse.
“Morning sunshine~” Kris…Kris was standing in my room…with a towel…and nothing else…brushing his teeth. Why?
“Have fun on your first night?”
“…Hm, what happened?”
“We partied…a lot…and we slept together~”
“WHAT!??” on instinct I took the blanket’s edge and covered my body.
“I’m kidding.” The face laughed his way back into my bathroom. Why was he even in here? I have so many questions but I can’t ask them!

Kris walked out of the bathroom again with a black shirt on this time. I don’t know how he cleaned himself in that disgusting room of terror, I could barley look at it.
“Sorry I’m just kinda here, this is the only bathroom in the house and my door is broken.” There’s another door in there? There’s no other bathroom!?
“When you’re fully awake, Luhan made some kind of hangover concoction. By the looks of it, you should have some, then we’re all gonna go to the dance studio.”
“There’s a dance studio?” I tried to ignore is attack on my appearance.
“Yeah, that’s where we all were yesterday when you got here. It’ll be fun!”
“O-okay…”

Once he left I sighed. He’s cute…don’t judge me. I really don’t want to use that bathroom though. Of course, if I want to get this stench off me, I’m going to have to use that shower one way or another. So reluctantly, I dragged my body into the death trap of a room and what do you know, Kris was right! There was another door, which I guess led to his room. If only it worked…again no judging.

The shower wasn’t that bad, I’m still scared to look at the walls though, plus I almost slipped and fell on what I think was a dead cockroach.
After rummaging through my ty dresser to find a pair of clothes, I took a breath and opened my door. I don’t know why I got a rush of nerves but I still did. I don’t know what I did last night so lord knows what will happen downstairs. Before heading down however, I noticed two doors at the end of the hallway, both closed. I didn’t think much of it, so I slowly made my way down to the first floor.

The place wasn’t anymore clean then it was yesterday afternoon, but thankfully it wasn’t dirtier either. I looked to my left and saw Tao stretched out across the couch. He looked cute with his face snuggled into one of the large pillows with his hair still wet from his shower…wait did everyone come into my room this morning!?

When I looked in the kitchen, Luhan was nowhere to be found. However, a mess was left in his wake. On the counter was a blender filled with some kind of green substance, surrounded by all kinds of pill bottles, fruit, and egg shells…I’m not drinking that.

“Morning!” A cheerful voice scared the crap out of me. I turned around in shock and there was Luhan coming from the unknown part of the house. He had his cute little face poking out of a wooden sliding door.
“Hungry?” he chirped.
“Well…” I looked back at the blender, “No.”
“Come on, you have to be. Here! Have this~” He handed me a glass with the green liquid in it. I could tell that whatever ingredients were blended together in there were beginning to separate. No. No, don’t make me!!
“Don’t worry. The only drug in it is aspirin. I put other stuff in it too but I promise it’s editable.” I looked at him, “What kind of stuff?” He looked back at me with those big doll eyes, “…raw eggs…and stuff…IT’LL HELP!”
“SHHHHH!!!” Tao shushed us angrily from the couch as he threw a pillow in our direction…guess the drink didn’t work for him. Timidly, I looked at the glass once more and crinkled my noise. I guess…it’ll help?
“Well?” God, Luhan you’re lucky you’re cute! My only answer was an unsure smile as I sat down at the counter to finish the…substance. For the next few minutes, I watched Luhan “clean” the kitchen and make more of the substance for Xiumin who was still MIA. I managed to look at the clock on the microwave and it was three in the afternoon, THREE!? Oh God, I’ve never slept that late in my life!!!
When Kris came flying down the stares, Tao perked up and looked at him with sparkling eyes…I don’t know.
“I was thinking we could give Xing a tour of the house.” He said in a deep y tone…ahem…however Luhan groaned, “Not today~ some other time. I want to go to the dance studio~”
“Well someone has to wake up sleeping beauty first.”
“Who?” I asked, chocking on the last of the drink.
“Xiumin.”
“Oh.” I blinked, feeling stupid. However, my embarrassment rose when Kris walked over to the kitchen. He stopped at my stool and looked at me up and down. “You’re too thin, Xing. We need to fatten you up!”
I retracted my head back and scoffed but nonetheless Kris smiled as he placed his hand on top of my wet hair.   

Luhan sighed and pulled me off the stool, “Come on, time to go kiss the sleeping princess.”
“I’ll pass.” I muttered loud enough for him to hear me. I wanted to watch Kris as he rummaged threw the refrigerator and maybe throw a fat joke at him, but it was too late, we were already at the stairs.  

We walked up the narrow stairway and made our way down the hall. We passed my safe house, I mean room, and entered the left closed door at the end of the hall.
As soon as Luhan opened the door, Xiumin’s bed was in view…like immediately. I’m surprised the door didn’t hit the bed it was that close. This house is ridiculously cramped.

Like the child he was, Luhan jumped on he bed and thus on Xiumin.
“Wakey wakey!!!” he screamed as he jumped around Xiumin’s lifeless body. Are we sure he’s not dead? I mean he did fall off of the roof.
“Come on up here!” What? No! I don’t want to jump on someone I barely know!! But nonetheless, Luhan had me jumping right along side of him. The only noises, or should I say signs of life, that came Xiumin were a few grunts.

“What are you guys doing?” Kris stood in the door way with a bowl of cereal in his hands. Both Luhan and I stopped jumping and looked down to see Xiumin half on the bed and half falling off.
“Nothing…” Luhan croaked.
“Well Tao and I are ready to go, so make sure baozi isn’t dead and dress him.”
“Okay!” The blonde yelled after Kris then burst out laughing as he jumped off the bed to dress Xiumin. Huffing, I sat down on the bed and looked around. Xiumin’s room was nicer then mine. It looked cozy even though it was just as old as the rest of the house. Curtains draped over the windows, making the room glow a curtain way. In the middle of the room was an old rug with a silly pattern, still though, it looked nice enough to sleep on. To the right was a small corner or a sunroom rather…whatever it’s called. A couch and chair occupied the space with two large windows looking out to the sea and House B…probably a good stake out spot for Kris.
I looked back over to Luhan, who rummaged through one of two dressers…why?
“Hey, Luhan? Why does Xiumin have two dressers?”
Luhan laughed with his body still buried in clothes, “One is his and one is mine!” Okay that sounds….wait…
“You guys share a room?” I know it’s not that weird but its unexpected.        
“Yup!”….and just one bed?

***

They’re leading me to the slaughter I just know it. All around me were palm trees, ING palm trees!!! Wait, let me back up a bit.

When we left the house it was already four in the afternoon and yes I flipped!! I just woke up and it’s already close to dinner! No one bothered to lock the house either, I mean House B and other hobos sure are trustworthy! Ugh these people…

We made our way through the forest of palm trees after everyone paraded out of the house. Luhan and Xiumin walked ahead arm in arm…I think…never mind. Kris and Tao walked in front of me talking about whatever. I was just about to trip over a fallen branch when Kris turned around and began to speak.

“So how are you liking it so far?” I struggled to look up because I was a bit preoccupied trying not to fall and die.
“U-uh…liking…what?” I triped…
“Haha I don’t know…the area? The house? Us?” Well I’m liking you just fine.
“What?” DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD!!!!???
“I-I said it’s o-okay.”
“Just okay?” Well it ain’t ing heaven buddy! So far you’ve gotten me drunk, sent me to war, and now your leading me to be killed by Buffalo Bill!
“I don’t know. I’m not a fan of the heat…or the out doors in general.” Fact.
Kris chuckled and caught me from falling, “Well, we’ll fix that.”
Somewhere in the distance, I heard Luhan laugh like a wild animal.
“What are they?”
“Who?” Really Kris?
“Luhan and Xiumin. They just seem…close. And they even share a bed?”
Kris smiled, almost bitterly. “Yeah. Xiumin was the first to come to the house after me. When Luhan came, he had your room for while but he kept having nightmares. So one night he crawled into Xiumin’s bed. Ever since then they’ve been really close.”
“Are they dating?”
“I don’t think so…” Both of us looked at the couple, “They probably are.”
“Definitely…” I paused and thought for a bit, “But…they’re so young.”
“They’re actually older than me.”
“What!?”
“Hey guys! We’re here!” I turned and saw Xiumin waving his hand back and forth as Tao ran to the building. It was a three story; brick building that had enormous windows all over.
“What is this place?”
“Xiumin said that it was an old auto repair shop. When he moved here one summer with his grandfather, he found it and used the upstairs as a dance studio for him and other kids.”
“What about the downstairs.”
“Its old and abandoned and we never go down there.”
“…Okay.” What the hell.   

The first level was in ruins. There was no floor; it was all covered in overgrown weeds with spider webs in every corner. The abandoned nests of animals irked me; it was like forgotten memories left behind. Whose building was this? Who worked here, what did they do? I don’t like things like this, I just don’t
“You coming?” Kris looked at me with a smile from the top of the stairs.
“Yeah.” I called and ran up the narrow brick stairs. I’m lucky one of them didn’t fall out of the cement and leave me to fall backwards and break my neck.

The second floor was just as abandoned, yet not as green. There were a few holes on the floor that I was a little frightened of. Thankfully, Kris waited for me at the end of the second set of stairs.
“This way.” He waved and I ran over to him. He let me walk in front of him, which may or may not have been a good idea. These stairs looked even worse than the first set. I watched where I stepped and cautiously studied each brick. I’m a dork, I know.
“You know,” Kris spoke from behind me, “we’ve climbed these stairs a lot and no one has ever-”

Just then, of course, a brick fell out from beneath me and I fell back. That’s it, this is how I’m going to die! I’m gonna-
“Ooph!”
.
.
.
HE CAUGHT ME!!

“Maybe I spoke too soon.” Oh god that smile. I CAN’T FEEL MY LEGS!
“GUYS!”
“AAHH!!” I screamed and clung on to Kris for dear life. We both looked up and saw Tao giving us, or rather me, a weird look from the top of the stairs.
“Umm…you comeing?”
“Yes!” we said simultaneously. Tao nodded in reply and I’m pretty sure he just scowled at me.
“You’re really jumpy, huh?” Kris looked down at me as I scrambled out of his embrace.
“Y-yeah…sorry. I guess I’m just not used to normal day life…”
Kris laughed at me and ruffled my hair, “Lets go.”

The third floor, I have to admit, is amazing. A large painting and a few smaller ones were propped up against one of the empty walls. There was an almost perfect hard wood floor that was already being occupied by Xiumin and now Tao. Their limbs almost effortlessly moved to the beat and flow of the music. The only lighting came from the lack of wall on the side of the building facing the ocean. I guess they were old garage openings for cars if this was an auto repair shop. All around the rest of the room were odd knickknacks; things that I guess Xiumin and other people collected over the years. Only something else intrigued me and no, it wasn’t the manikin in midst of all the crap. At the far end of the room was a grand piano and a bookshelf filled with CDs and old records. It was almost like a small heaven.

 

For the rest of the evening I sat on the side watching the others fool around. They danced for the most part but once they got tired they would sit on the floor and halfheartedly sing along with some of the songs.    

I have to admit they were pretty funny. Seeing all them together, I would have never guessed that they only knew each other for a month or so.

“Yixing!” Luhan turned his attention to me, please don’t. “Aren’t you gonna dance?”
I blushed, “No, I don’t think so.” And thus the uproar of protests began.
“No! I’m serious! I don’t dance!” I tried to convince them but they wouldn’t listen. Kris laughed, “Its okay I don’t dance either”
“Kris, its not that you don’t dance, it’s that you can’t dance!” Luhan blurted out and the rest of them irrupted in a fit of laugher.

“Hey!” Kris yelled but no one listened.


*LEAVES THIS HERE AND RUNS AWAY*
OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M SORRY THIS IS SO BAD TOO!!!! WHY!!!??? 

I'm sorry....