This little bungalow with some strange new friends...

White Houses

 

Our bottles clinked and the night began.

As I took my first sip I could feel my throat burn and tongue twitch at the flavor. I had beer once before and I had to admit, I did not miss the bitter taste. After my first three sips, however, I didn’t feel so shy anymore.
“Where did you guys get beer from anyway?”
Luhan giggled, “Xiumin’s grandpa has a shop in town, so he lets us have some as long as we stay out of trouble.”
Kris snorted, “Some…” he whispered as he examined the bottle in his hand.

“Guys! GUYS! Movement in building A, 10 o’clock!” Tao yelled as Kris hopped over the coffee table. They stood at the window, hissing with their binoculars, looking at whatever. Luhan and Xiumin peeked over the couch like little children. 
“Their doing something!” Kris growled has he swigged another sip from the green bottle. I shrugged and guzzled the rest of my beer, letting out a very unattractive burp…thank god no one heard that.

“So…what are you looking at?”
“The scum of building A…” Kris spoke through his teeth. I looked at him questionably but he didn’t notice as he was too busy snarling.
Xiumin thankfully turned around, “You see there are three buildings; A, B, and C. We’re B and the others are A.”
“No one lives in building C though; previous renters blew a hole through the second floor and the roof.” Luhan nonchalantly added, sitting up to get more beer. What the ? How is that even possible!?
“Anyway,” Xiumin continued, “There’s been this war between us and the A building ever since Kris got here two weeks ago.”
“Little es!” Kris grumbled before opening the window and just about sticking his whole body out of it. Tao on the other hand, looked greatly uncomfortable with Kris’s in his face. However, I go distracted by Luhan who graciously handed me another beer that I happily accepted.

“WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING NOW CHAN-!??” Kris screamed out the window. Surprisingly I hear the reply loud and clear.
“JUST SHOWING OUR NEW ROOMY HOW ITS DONE FACE!!!” A booming voice came from the other building. It was deep, almost deeper than Kris’s.     
“WELL COME AT US BRO!” Xiumin opened another window and screamed to the top of his shrieking lungs. The police were going to arrest us for sure.
“BRING IT!”
“ IT!!”
“Ohh~” Xiumin shockingly looked at Luhan who appeared next to him; I giggled at his reaction and took another sip of beer.

“Alright!” Kris brought his body back into the house and looked at me.

“Time for war, son.” Something was in his eyes, I don’t know it they were just irritated or if they had the look of complete insanity but it kinda scared me. In my one day of being here I could tell Kris has many faces.
“Luhan! How many more bombs do we have?”
“BOMBS!?” I choked on my beer. 
“About five.” I was being ignored until Xiumin poked me with a rather mischievous look on his face.
“Do you know what happens when you freeze dog and set it on fire?”
“….I…don’t know if…I want to answer…”
Kris interrupted us as he walked past to resume his position by the window, “Nothing happens, it just makes a really sick stink bomb. Although…Tao, do you still have your smoke bombs?”
“Yes gege!” The boy ran upstairs without another word. Luhan who disappeared came from a part of the house that I didn’t know existed with water guns and fireworks. Oh good God.

“W-what are you planning to go with those?” I think I know how that one building got a hole in its roof.
“We~ are going to throw bombs and fireworks…at their house!” Kris struggled while talking as he started to assemble…whatever on the coffee table. “And if they run out of the house? We ambush them with water guns filled with piss.”
“Oh my God that’s disgusting!” Seriously what’s wrong with these people!?

“Its kinda funny because they got this kid, Kyungsoo, whose like a major neat freak so he’s going to piss himself once he finds out what we’re going to do!” Xiumin belly laughed to himself.

“Well we gotta watch out for Kai though. I think he’s back from the hospital and I don’t feel like dying any time soon.” Kris said matter-of-factly.
“What? You sent someone to the hospital!!?” These people are crazy!! Time to go home, pack my bags, drown myself! Anything else but here!!
“No~ He tripped over a rock and sprained his ankle.” Oh Luhan, making everything sound- what the his he holding?

Shots? Tequila? Shots of tequila? Well if anything happens we all now who’s at fault! The parents who sent their antisocial son to a ed up beach house!! You know, this is why being antisocial is good, so I don’t get arrested and die and up my future!

“Lay? You okay? You don’t look to good.” Luhan stood above me with the shots still, surprisingly in his hands without spilling. I took a long hard sigh, well…when in Rome.
“Hand it over.” I motioned for the golden liquid as Tao trampled his way down the stairs. It sounded like an effing stampede. We gathered around the table once more and cheered to a successful war or whatever mumbo jumbo Kris preached about. The tequila was even worse then the beer, talk about burning your throat!

“All right, Xiumin, Luhan, you’re stationed on the roof with look out and bomb duty. Tao, you and I will go upstairs and be on bomb and ambush duty. And Xing, you’ll be outside on ambush and firework duty.” What? Why? Can’t I just stay inside and why am I the only one who’s alone!?


***               
 

I can’t believe I’m doing this. I just know that some beetle is going to crawl up my and I’m going to get some kind of poison ivy. I mean really, what am I even doing? Hiding behind a palm tree to spy on whomever? I would bet all my money that this is just some stupid gag to get rid of me.

Everything was so quiet. I could here cicadas echoing behind me and the waves crashing before me. What was I even supposed to be doing? Shooting fireworks or some-

What was that? Some kind of rustling…oh my God its Jason! It’s that ing cabin movie!! I’m going to die I just now it! it! I’m out of here!!

“Oh!”
“WAH!
“WAAH!!”
“Who-”
“What?”
“I-”
“…?”
“You scared me.” In front of me stood a rather short boy with brown hair. His puppy eyes looked up at me, looking just as scared at I felt. His skinny arms were wrapped around…I don’t even know what. I gave up trying to figure things out after my third beer.

“I’m sorry.” He let out in a shaky voice, “Are you from B house?”
I didn’t know how to answer, wouldn’t this be treason…or something. “Yeah…?”
“You weren’t in the diagram that they showed me.” Am I supposed to know what that means?
“I’m new.” I let out…a little Willy Wonka spacey-like…I really shouldn’t drink.
“Me too! I’m Baekhyun!” He held out one of he small hands in front of me and I naturally accepted it. “Lay.”
“Do you have any idea what we’re supposed to do?”
“I don’t know but isn’t this conversing with the enemy?” I probably sound like a .      
“Oh, I guess it is…is your house really old?”
“Oh God you have no idea.”
“It’s gross right? I feel like I’m going to fall through the floor.”
We laughed agreeing that this was a crazy experience. It was nice to talk to someone who was in the same situation as me. However, of course all good things must come to an end.

Somehow, don’t ask me how, but Xiumin managed to fall off the roof. Luhan’s scream broke my conversation with Baekhyun, then an eruption of laughter came from both house A and where I guess Kris was. In a panic, I abandoned Baekhyun and ran over to the latter who lay traumatized in the bushes.

“Xiumin!?” I was huffing pretty badly, “Are you okay!?”
He looked at the sky and nothing else, “…yeah.” I let out a sigh and tried my best to help him up.
“Is he okay!?” I looked up to see Luhan’s silhouette peaking out from the roof top. His voice was more like a shriek that echoed painfully.
“So he says!” I yelled back, and Luhan disappeared. While walking around the house with Xiumin leaning on me, I looked up and saw Kris, practically hanging out the window, still laughing hysterically. Miraculously, he composed himself enough to scream, “YAH!! CHAN-! POSTPONED WAR DUE TO SOLDIER DAMAGE!!”
Before entering the house I could hear, from somewhere in the night, “TAKE BETTER CARE OF YOUR ES, FACE!!”

Thus, the night continued on, more drinks were passed around, especially to Xiumin for his “valiant bravery and sacrifice” or whatever Kris called it when he toasted for a billionth time. The endless supply of alcohol was ridiculous and I shamelessly drank like a sailor…I knew I was going to regret it in the morning.    

 


 

I'm really sorry for the wait, I had to update all my other fics and I started the chapter a long time ago, I guess I just forgot haha
Thank you to everyone and all my subbies for staying with me! I hope this chapter was somewhat fun!!

luv you all <3