Crashed on the floor when I moved in...

White Houses

I collapsed on the floor as soon as I flung open the door. I think one of my many bags exploded but I didn’t really care at the moment. The room was humid and hot, disgustingly hot. This is why I usually stay in all summer, to avoid unnecessary heat.

I started to crawl my way across the dry, cracked wood floors (army style) but decided to stand once I realized that I could get a splinter. Slowly I walked over to the rather large window that looked over the beach. I admit it. This view was pretty nice. White puffy clouds dotted themselves all over the bright blue sky. Dark purplish-gray looking islands were settled across the watery horizon. Maybe there was a breeze! Excited, I tugged and pushed at the white French windows (that were also cracked).

“!” one of the windows fell off the rusted hinges and plummeted to its death a story down. “Well…” I breathed, “At least there’s a breeze.” a cool, salt water breeze that ruffled my hair and cooled my neck. God, it felt good.


***


There didn’t seem to be anyone else at home at the moment. The only thing that gave away hints of other living things were sporadic bottles and left over food traces around the downstairs kitchen and living room. Blankets and pillows were spread across ripped couches not to mention a TV that looked like it was from the ‘80s. The many white peeling windows and French doors were left open, letting in whatever breeze there was. I’m pretty sure someone tried to make grilled cheese without a pan on a rather old fashioned stove. To be completely honest, this place looked like a summer hide out for a bunch of pot smoking surfers. You know that movie Lords of Dogtown? Yeah, it’s pretty much that, maybe a tad smaller. Maybe.

I decided to resist my OCD urge to clean. Instead, I quickly retrieved my broken window and ran back upstairs to the comfort of my ty, old, molding, humid room. Thankfully! There was a bathroom for my own personal use. As soon as I closed my door I took a look inside the bathroom.

“Holy…” DID SOMEONE DIE IN HERE!?
Lining the walls were the carcasses of dead, squashed bugs. Rust, rust was everywhere!! In the sink, in the tub, around the shower head, AND OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT IN THE TOILET!?? I slammed the rusted, white, chipping bathroom door shut and ignored that rather suspicious stain that was on the carpet on the bathroom floor. I swear this place is going to fall apart. And why is everything white!? And old! And chipping! And rusted! I MEAN WHAT THE HECK!? When was the last time this place was renovated!!??

After a long, deep breath I decided to unpack my things. Maybe that would calm me down.
I started with my clothes. Curiously, I looked over at the dresser that was provided for me and shuttered.
I started with my personal belongings! My parents didn’t let me bring my laptop, but it’s not like there’s wi-fi here anyway. So instead, I brought my journal and music book…only…no piano. !!
Thankfully there was a small desk under the window I just broke. I placed some of my belongings on its surface along with a picture frame, pencils, a cell phone - that probably won’t get any service, and a few books.

Next step…that god-forsaken dresser.

Well let’s see the closet-OH MY GOD IM NOT USING THAT!!!! Maybe I can just live out of my suitcase for….two and a half months. No…no no, I have to use it. I have to!!

Hesitantly, I began to one of two suitcases that were resting on my very creaky, ING RUSTED bed. I reopened the closet and opened all the drawers to the dresser.

My God this was sick. 

Instead of using the bathroom to its full capacity, I placed all my toiletries on top on my dresser and sighed. Slowly but surely the closet started to look kind of normal and the drawers started to fill. Finally, after everything was anally organized, it was all said and done.

The once creepy old room now looked like a creepy old room that was kind of lived in with a broken window.
I lay on my bed and tried to think positive. This was going to be fine. This was going to be a good thing. I don’t have a phobia of people…I’m not shy……
I think I began to fall asleep as I listened to the crashing waves outside; either that or I died.


***


“Do you think he’s alive?”
“Well duh, he is breathing.”
“Can we put his hand in water? Hahaha!”
“Guys come on, no pranks on his first day.”
“Hey! Look! A diary!!”

“IT’S NOT A DIARY!!”

In my panic I cracked heads with a petite, blond haired boy who sat on top of me. He flew to the bottom of the bed and smoothed his head with his skinny fingers as he screwed his eyes shut.

“! ! !” He screamed, kicking his legs like a child. He looked like a child too. He probably was a child.

“I’m-! Oh God! I’m so sorry!” My head was pounding. I looked around to look at the others who surrounded my bed. They all, however, took a step back when I flung up out of my sleep. The one who picked up my journal had a puffy face. Almost like a dumpling or a baozi. Another looked like a panda. He was beautiful really. Let’s be honest, he looked flawless, even with dark circles under his eyes. And the last one, the last one was tall and strong looking. His thick golden hair was quaffed teasingly, revealing intense brown eyes under strong eyebrows. He had a set of broad shoulders that were hidden under a plain white v-neck. And-

“Well at least we know you’re alive!” The puffy one bluntly let out. One by one they all started laughing while leaving my room. The baby looking boy rubbed his forehead while he pouted and linked arms with the puffy one. Before they all left, the tall handsome one stopped at my doorway and smiled.

His deep voice was the last think I heard. “When you’re ready, come downstairs.”  And with that he gently closed my door.

Damn.

 

***
 

By the time I felt like a normal person the sun was already setting. I sat at my desk and looked out across the water. This place really was nice; I don’t now why I never thought about coming here. Unhurriedly, I scuffed over to the door and quietly opened it to reveal a dark hall way. At one end there was a window that let in blue light, however; at the other end, emanating from the bottom of the stairs was a warm, orange light and loud voices…or screams…it sounded like people were dyeing.

Step by step I made it down the squeaky, dried out stairs to find a complete mess.

A.

MESS.

Something was boiling over on the stove with no one in the kitchen. Puffy face and baby face were throwing food at each other in the living room with some mad movie on the TV. Panda face was flawlessly fixing a light but at the same time screaming for help. face (don’t ask) was…looking through the window through binoculars….?

“Oh hey! Sleeping beauty is here!!” the puff face yelled and almost on queue, they all turned to look at me.

“OKAY!!” the baby face screamed, “Time to scare him!”
What?

They all rushed into the living room and I think it was panda face that pulled me with him onto the couch. He smiled sweetly.
“So what’s you’re name?” Oh my God. His voice was like butter! Such a sweet sound!
“U-um, I’m Yixing, but my friends call me Lay.”
“Well, we’ll call you Xing because Lay is boring and Yixing is too formal.” The handsome one spoke up rather smoothly.
“The name Lay makes me hungry…” The puff face mumbled in a strange daze before speaking louder. “I’m Xiumin! It’s not my real name but it’s what everyone calls me, and this is Luhan.” He pointed to the baby face next to him.
“Hi~” another sweet voice.
The panda face next to me tugged on my arm. He looked kind of scary close up. “I’m Tao.” I nodded and smiled. I don’t know how I should feel about this boy.

Eventually we all looked to the tall, good looking figure that was currently sinking into the couch. He looked around the room and made a rather surprised face. “Oh!” he let out.

“I’m Kris, but some of these little creatures call me WuFan, so whatever floats your boat.” I’m pretty sure I blushed but I decided not to think about it.

Xiumin started playing with Luhan’s fingers as he looked at me, “So why are you here?”
“Yeah, we were all pretty surprised to find someone else was staying here.” Tao quietly added.
“Not to mention a broken window.” Kris laughed.
I blushed, “My parents got fed up with me and sent me here for the summer.” Well it was true.
They all nodded like they understood.
“Classic situation my friend. It’s either your scenario or vice versa. We’ve all been there.” Kris laughed bitterly. “But it’s the summer! It’s a time to relax without parents before things get too serious!”

At that, Luhan popped up and ran into the kitchen. He ignored the boiling substance on the stove and pulled out five bottles of beer. Oh boy.
The child-like blonde raised his bottle, “To our misfit island!”
The rest stood up and I followed. We rose our bottles as they chanted, “TO MISFIT ISLAND!”        

  
  


So my mom just walked in and was like "Erin, its 1 in the morning." and I was like "....i know." and she laughed at walked away. CLOSE EFFING CALL!!!! Oh my god, I think my heart stopped. 

So just a few things. If y'all want a picture diagram of the house, I will give you one because it will make life easier. Also imagine, if you please, a house similar to the one in Mamma Mia, I barely remember what it looked like but its a similar consept.

And I am not jokeing, last night while I was writing Lords of Dogtown came on tv and I was like "IT IS NEVER ON AND I JUST WROTE ABOUT IT!" I swear I'm in the twilight zone...

I apologize for any mistakes and/or if this chapter is boring. I had the idea in my head, it just didn't want to work.

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU TO ALREADY SUBSCRIBED!! I was so surprised <3 <3 thank you so much <3 I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
*hugs you*