Hugs and Bruises

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since the weather was cold again, Yuri wore his favorite thick black hoodie jacket paired with her black cotton leggings. She went to the kitchen and made herself a cup of orange tea. After that, she cleaned the cup and went to the study room. Yuri began to read the Chinese dictionary and some magazines.

She decided to take a peek at Chen’s room. She reached for the door knob when suddenly, Kris deep voice called out to her. He was in the front of Chen’s room, while Yuri’s back was facing her.

“Yul…”

*Damn, that nickname.* she thought. *Why did that sounded awfully heart melting?* she frowned. She turned to him.

“Oh, good morning, Kris.” She saluted and smiled at him.

He looked fresh and extremely y with his wet hair and home clothes. “Why are you trying to open Chen’s door?”

She touched the back of her neck and sheepishly admitted that she was bored.

“I kind of needed someone to talk to,”

“He already left. Would you like to have a chat with me instead?” he asked.

“Well, yeah, of course,” she stammered. Kris closed his bedroom door behind him. “Let’s go.”

“Have you eaten your breakfast?” she asked him.

“I already did. Don’t worry,” he replied.

“I’m not worried at all,”

Kris pouted at her. Yuri stopped dumbfounded while looking at thin. “Hey, duizhang, did you just freakin’ p-pouted?” she asked her eyes and face lighting up in an instant.

“Duizhang, huh?” Kris sarcastically asked.

“You’re changing the topic. Oh my, the cold and arrogant duizhang doing—”

Her words were cut off when Kris pushed himself to her and hugged her. “Yul, I’m not arrogant. I’m not cold. I’m not mean. Do I seem like that to you?” he asked. Yuri couldn’t think of the right words to say. How could she be stupid? She had had his feelings hurt and she misjudged him. Not just once…

“My appearance has nothing to do with my attitude, Yul.”

Yuri wrapped his arm around him. “Kris… I know that now.” *I hate to admit this, but I think you give the best hug in the world…I swear, you got me in this.* she thought. She buried her face on his rock hard chest and smelled his clean scent. *Heaven is place on Earth indeed.* she thought and contentedly smiled as she inhaled more of his scent and buried her nose deeper to his body.

Kris smiled. He was feeling the same with her. “How do you feel?” he asked her, burying his nose on her soft hair.

“I feel very comfortable and happy…and warm,” she said.

He tightened his arms around her, while gently swinging her body side to side. “I’m glad you are, Yul.”

She suddenly pushed away from he, using her hands to push his chest. He looked at her intently as if she’s the most important person in the world for him.

“What do you want to talk about? Is it really Chen that is suitable for you to chat up with?”

“Well, yeah… maybe, I just wanted someone like me to talk to.” She began. Kris smiled at her.

“You mean… someone Korean?” he asked, wanting to be sure.

She giggled. *I just needed to use his computer, that’s all.* “Maybe,” she lied.

“You seem unsure,” Kris smiled and leaned on the wall bit nevertheless, they were still close to each other in distance.

“I just have a lot in mind, duizhang,” she pursed her lips.

“Don’t call me that,” he said.

“Why?”

“It’s inappropriate.” He said with certainty.

“You think so?”

Kris, having his long arms and shoulders, effortlessly grabbed Yuri and pulled him for an embrace. He coiled his arms on her slender waist. Yuri’s eyes grew wide and her palms collided to the wall behind him. *Don’t…don’t…put your arms…don’t…around him…don’t…* she bit her lip nervously.

“Why do you think so?” he asked. “Why do you think that it’s inappropriate?” and he leaned in closer to her ears. His whisper sent tingling sensation on her entire body.

*Because…you like me…?* Yuri thought but she had no plan to tell him.

“Yul… you need to answer the question.”

“Because… I’m not a member of Exo-M?” she lied while trying to sound clueless and innocent.

“That will do,” he chuckled, leaving Yuri confused. He straightened himself, bringing Yuri with him.

“I need to go to work. Enjoy yourself here,” he said and cupped his cheeks. Kris was thinking of kissing her but he insisted the urge to. Yuri nodded and closed her eyes.

*Damn, Yul! You’re making it hard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter