Unlucky

The Beautiful Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 Unlucky                           

Weeks passed and I felt closer to Exo-M as time went by. I had had great memories with them. Exo-M treasured me a lot like… I don’t know how to explain it… but as for me, I treasure them a lot because I am happy being with them. I feel so complete and blessed. Exo-M was not I had asked for, but now, I felt that I had all the luck in the world for having Exo-M in my life. Now, it seems that my cursed life is already getting brighter. Even though it could be all temporary… The six boys (that were all my handsome roommates,) have all very distinctive and unique qualities. I like them a lot… especially But, I’m not allowed to love like him because things are always obscure when  He had always been there for me. He’s a great guy. He’s cool.

***

Yuri’s throat felt dry when she woke up. Scratching her head, she turned to the clock on her night table. She saw it was 2 A.M. There was an uncomfortable feeling going on in her body. Something very familiar and oh… *I have my menstrual period!* she realized and hopped off the bed quickly. She saw the filthy red spot on the cream colored sheets. She was about to go to the bathroom when she realized that she doesn’t have menstrual pads with her. *Damn, damn, damn, unlucky.* She looked at her charm bracelet. “I’m going to get Yixing for this…” she hissed.

She quickly found a black skirt and wore it. The house had some lights on and she went to the main door and closed it. When she realized… *Oh, my! How careless could I get? I need the KEYS.* Clenching some Yuan bills on her right hand, she smacked her head with her left hand.

“Yul? Why did you hit yourself?” a deep voice asked behind her.

“Kris!” she jumped. “You got locked out, too?”

“Babo. I’m not like you.” He crookedly smiled. He leaned in closer and pinned her on the door, his whole structure towering over Yuri. “What were you planning to do? Sneaking out in the dawn but then getting yourself locked out?”

“I-I…” Yuri stammered. “I need to go to the convenience store, Kris. You see…I have my period…” she looked at the ground, not wanting to look at his eyes.

“And...?”

“I need… you know…” she sighed. “Will you accompany me to a nearby store?” she asked, a bit unsure.

“On second thought… you stay here and I’ll buy them for you,” he offered.

Her eyes widen in shock and disbelief. “Kris! That’s too embarrassing!” she playfully kicked his foot with hers.

“Not at all.” he grinned.

“I’ll go with you a—” she tried to insist.

“I’ll better hurry, Yul. Don’t lock the gates for me, okay?” he pointed a finger at her but in a polite way as he rushed to the gate. “Just ten minutes…”

“Kris!” Yuri called.

“Yeah, yeah! I love you too, honey!” he said in Mandarin.

*He’s kidding, right?* she looked at the stars above. *Though I hope he’s not.*

***

“Yixing, your charm bracelet brought me bad luck, I should get you for that.”

“Yixing, I don’t need this.” She looked at the bracelet on her wrist. “But it’s beautiful so I will keep it,” *sigh* “But then I won’t because it’s not working.”

“But I will not…ugh! This menstrual cramps hurt, awww!” Yuri bit her lip and put pressure on her stomach. Kris was wise enough to buy her some pain reliever but she decided not to drink it since she’s not used to it.

There was a terrible click of pain in her insides. “What is wrong with youuuu…?” she tried to crumple her flat stomach in hoping that the pain will subside. After minutes of curling like a ball, the pain settled down a bit.

She decided to take a shower. After she had herself clean, she went down to cook breakfast. She had the ingredients for omelets, fried chicken and fried rice.

“Aigoo! Yuri mei mei is cooking breakfast!” Luhan greeted with his bed hair.

“Morning, Luhan. Your cute face looks unhealthy,” Yuri greeted.

“My bruise is getting worst, I know.” He shook his head. “I’m hungry, Yuri mei mei.”

She turned the other side of the chicken before turning to Luhan. “These are almost done, Luhan.”

“Morning Earthlings!” Xiumin greeted loudly. “Oh, amazing smell coming from there, Yuri.”

“Hey, I’ll make chocolate drink for everyone.” Lay had offered.

“Make mine and Kris gege coffee, Yixing gege.” Tao had appeared next. He was just trailing behind Lay.

“No problem.” Lay replied good-naturedly.

Luhan and Xiumin had set the table and Yuri placed her omelets and fried chicken.

Kris and Chen arrived at the same time.

“Guess who cooked breakfast, Jongdae-ah.” Xiumin quizzed.

“The one who wears the apron,” Chen pointed to Yuri and smiled proudly to himself. Yuri giggled. Xiumin’s expression became gloomy and she patted his back in consolation.

“Yuri, your cooking smells wonderful!” Chen exaggeratedly took a sniff of the food.

“Kris gege, here’s your coffee…!” Tao pushed the cup to Kris. “Lay made that.”

“Thanks,” Kris said to Lay.

Everyone sat down and finished their breakfast. Lay was assigned to clean the dishes, since the members stated that it was still his day off. Tao and Xiumin decided to stay home today while Chen didn’t feel like going to work. He has all the time to slack off sometimes if he likes to, anyway. He’s the C.E.O, right?

“I’ll be staying at home today, then.” The leader declared when he learned that the members are staying at home.

“Exo-M will stay together at home toda

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter