CH006: Fiancé, Revealed! Pt.1/2

Wanted: Perfect Husband (Love Me Again)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan’s mom, in his opinion, was the greatest mom in the whole world. She was the prettiest, too, he must add. She was also the strongest woman he had ever known and not even the best WWE fighters and Boxing world champions could be compared to her.

He remembered when he was ten and his drunken, playboy of a father suddenly barged in through their door, reeking of alcohol that had made him almost puke. He was drunk, as always. His mom then walked towards his father and he didn’t know what happened next because the next thing he knew, they were shouting and cursing at each other’s faces.

They had a huge fight and Luhan couldn’t do anything but to silently weep as he watched his family being torn apart. The night ended with his father packing his bags and the next thing he knew, his name was suddenly changed from Ji Han to Lu Han and ever since then, he had never seen his father or even heard a single news about him. It was like he had never existed in their lives at all. He just completely vanished from their lives.

From then on, his mom, who was just a plain house-wife became a successful businesswoman. And what made Luhan appreciate and adore her more was the fact that she didn’t even once complain that she’s tired, or that she’s having a hard time working while taking care of him. He was so proud of her, and he wanted her to be proud of him, too.

So somehow, fooling his mom that he’s already in a relationship, much more likely, had a fiancé, suddenly sounded wrong. Not that because he learned it was Baekhyun that his friend had recommended – but it’s just really wrong.

“Luhan, I’m ready!” He heard his mom shouted. He smiled as he skidded through the door and he was greeted by her vibrant smile. “Mom, we’re just going to the mall,” he teased because he thought she was overly dressed.

“Jesus, what century are you from? This is the trending fashion nowadays! What overly dressed are you saying?” she said, her eyes bulging and her expression was priceless. She looked like she saw an alien in her son’s form and she couldn’t accept that she had a son like him.

Luhan shook his head.

Yeah, right. If it isn’t winter and you’re already wearing a golden scarf, a huge head dress, sparkling jewelleries, and killer heels...Yes, mom, you’re not overdressed. You’re just prone to be kidnapped. And a little over too vain.

Oh. He forgot to tell. His mom owned chains of boutiques and she’s also a fashion designer that’s why she’s into trendy fashion. His mom was urging him to take over her business, but being the manly man he was, and being a man in his vocabulary meant chasing after his dream, which was to own and manage chains of restaurant, he politely declined. Not to mention he secretly thought owning chains of clothing shops for women sounded too girly and unlikely for him. His pride and ego wouldn’t take it. And if ever he did, his mom might sure die of a heart attack after knowing he had transformed her boutiques for women into men’s apparel. She wouldn’t like that, would she?

So call him egoistic, but he would never, ever, in his lifetime manage his mom’s business.

But don’t judge him just yet; he knew that that business was what made him achieve his dream and have his own restaurant. It was his mom’s business that had him be able to go to a high-class university and he was thankful for that.

Still, his decision is a NO.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter