CH005: The Meeting

Wanted: Perfect Husband (Love Me Again)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5: THE MEETING

 

Yixing’s friend, as it turned out, happened to agree to their ridiculous and desperate plan. So to say that Luhan was relieved was an understatement, because he’s more than relieved. In fact, the appropriate term to fit on what he felt when Yixing announced the good news over a phone call was ecstatic. He was too happy to even ask whether that friend was a male or a female, good-looking or not, shorter or taller, and most importantly, the name. An even wider smile crept on his lips when Yixing said that his now fake fiancé wanted them to meet at evening.

Luhan didn’t know why but he wanted to look good for their meeting. Whether it was to impress the other or he just simply wanted to look good, he didn’t know. All he knew was that he had to choose the perfect clothes, spray his most expensive perfume, and apply the right amount of his BB cream to look perfect.

It was fifteen minutes before the allotted time so Luhan quickly rode on his red sports car and the engine before he headed out on the restaurant they decided to meet. ‘A little tad too excited for someone who opposed the idea of hiring a fake fiancé before, huh?’ a part of his mind teased. Luhan just smirked and focused on driving, not even feeling irritated when a commotion happened on the road which caused a little traffic.

A phone call from Yixing distracted Luhan from his curiosity at the said road commotion and answered it right away. “Hey,” he greeted.

“Hey, back! Where are you? He’s already there!” Yixing panicked. Luhan chuckled and imagined poking his friend’s dimple as he frowned in annoyance. “Sorry, there’s a little traffic in here and — Oh, the cars are already moving. I’m on my way, bye!” Luhan shook his head in amusement and sang along with the music playing on the radio.

 

 

            It took Luhan exactly 8 minutes before he arrived at the restaurant. He readied an apologetic smile when the waiter ushered him to where his ‘date’ was. He followed the waiter and that’s when he noticed that the other sleeve of his clothes was a little off so he was fixing it while he trailed around. “Sir, we’re here,” the waiter finally said, stopping at a neatly arranged table, bowed and left.

            Readying his mega-watt smile, Luhan looked up and was met by a face that was never unfamiliar to him. His mouth opened in slight awe and he tried so hard to suppress the gasp he wanted to release. Sitting in front of him was the person he had least expected to be Yixing’s friend, much more the one to act as his fake fiancé. I didn’t… How could it… How did it… How…

            “I see, you’re not expecting to see me, right?” Baekhyun beat him to what he wanted to say, his eyes naughty of something he couldn’t put a n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter