Surprise

Flowers for You: Drabble Collection

"Riah, how was your birthday surprise?" Minho asked curiously. Riah and Jonghyun blushed remembered the eventful day.

"I was definitely surprised oppa." Riah replied as she quickly excused herself.

"Did Jonghyun screw it up? Because I wouldn't be surprised if he did." Jjong piped in, reclinng on a chair. Unbeknowst to him, a leg kicked the chair making him topple to the ground.

"That's what you would do idiot. And who invited you because I sure didn't." 

"Yah Changmin!! I don't need an invitation to visit my best friend!!" Jjong yelled as his picked himself off the ground.

"Yeah, but you've been visiting him a lot more lately. How is it that we've only seen him twice in the past few months when you're latching on to him like a clingy girlfriend?" Kyuhyun drolled out from his place on the couch.

"Exactly!! Riah doesn't monopolize his time as much as you do and she is his girlfreind!!"

"Wow, you two sound irritated." Jjong sat down in the chair again.


"Really? What made you think that?" Minho said sarcastically.

"You're the ones who sound like clingy girlfriends if you ask me." Jjong said as he leaned back on the chair again. "And Minho why are you complaining? I thought you would've liked more time with Key." Minho's face got even surlier as he cover his face with a pillow.

"Jjong oppa? I thought you would've like more time with Taemin? I thought you two liked each other?" Riah questioned as she came back into the room, taking her seat next to Jonghyun. Jjong for once was speechless.

"I-I h-how did you k-know..."

"You two are a bit too obvious. And Taemin confided in me the other week. He said he's feeling a bit discouraged since you always prefer hanging out with Jonghyun instead of him." Jjong stopped gaping like a fish and stood up.

"I'll see you later guys. Bye!!" Without another word, he ran out of the apartment.

"How did you know Taemin liked Jjong?? He's only told me and Key." Riah smirked scarily reminiscent of Baekhyun.

"I didn't. You and Jjong oppa confirmed it for me. I just thought it would be the perfect way to get him to leave." All four men stared at her in shock.

She's definitely Baekhyun's sister.

Kyuhyun smirked.

"Well Jonghyun, you certainly know how to pick them. She's almost as conniving as Changmin." Minho and Changmin nodded in agreement.

"She's definitely passed the test." Riah and Jonghyun looked at Kyuhyun in confusion.

"What test?" The couple said simultaneously.

"We wanted to see if Key was right about you being perfect for the Kyuline." Minho said.

"And as always, he was." Changmin continued.

"We weren't going for something as extreme as getting rid of Jjong, but since he barged in we went with it." 

"You mean you set up my girlfriend?!" Jonghyun said angrily.

"It's not the end of the world!!" 

"Yeah, don't get that angry at us." 

"Too late for that. I didn't expect you guys to manipulate Riah like this!!" As Jonghyun continued arguing with Minho and Changmin, Kyjhyun slipped Riah a CD.

"Don't look at it until you're alone. Think of it as a belated birthday present." Riah nodded as Kyuhyun turned around to break up the ongoing fight. 


After his friends had left, Jonghyun hugged Riah from behind as she logged on her laptop.

"I'm sorry about them." He mummered into her neck. 

"It's fine oppa. It just shows that they care, in their own special way." Jonghyun smiled into her neck.

"Although I do love your conniving side." Instead of the stutters he was expecting, Jonghyun heard a choked laugh.

"I didn't think that was funny." Jonghyun said with a frown.

"It wasn't, but this is." Looking up, Nonghyun was greeted by his worst nightmare. On the screen was a series of videos from five months ago. From his multiple fainting spells, to the various pep talks his friends have him, to the dreaded chocolate making fiasco.

"W-where did you get this?!" 

"Kyuhyun oppa gave it to me. Did you really worry about us getting together that much? You're so adorable." Riah said as she tried to hide her laughs. Jonghyun buried his face in her neck again, this time in embarrassment.

Damn you Kyuhyun. Is this revenge for bailing on you guys?!