Birthday

Flowers for You: Drabble Collection

Jonghyun smiled softly to himself as he and Riah walked to her house.

I can’t believe it’s been almost five months.

Five blissful, amazing and wonderfully fantastic months since he and Riah started dating. Jonghyun can hardly believe how much the sweet girl had changed his life. Jonghyun was so entranced in his thoughts that he barely heard Riah’s rant.

“I can’t believe she would actually do that?! I thought she was a good friend, but she’s been pulling all these things to make me even madder at her!” Riah clenched her hands in anger, forgetting that one was wrapped in Jonghyun’s.

“Riah, do mind loosening your grip? That kind of hurts.” Jonghyun asked wincing. Riah immediately let go.

“I’m so sorry!! I got too caught up in the moment.”

“It’s fine.” Jonghyun said as he stopped walking.

“Jonghyun? Why did you stop?”

“Because we’re already here.” Riah blushed as she realized they were indeed in the front of her house. Jonghyun smiled at Riah’s cluelessness.

“Don’t let her affect you so much okay? Although, I’m always here to help you calm down.” He smirked as he gave her a peck on the lips.

“O-oppa!! Don’t say things like that when Baekhyun could hear you!!” Jonghyun pouted.

“That’s not what you said at Key’s Christmas party. I never appreciated mistletoe that muc—” Riah quickly covered his mouth, looking worriedly towards her house.

“Don’t ever mention that again!! It’s bad enough Key oppa walked in on us.” Jonghyun attempted a reassuring smile, but was unsuccessful as Riah’s hand was still over his mouth.

“It’s Key, he’ll never hold it against us. It’s not like it was Jjong.” The couple shuddered at the thought.

“Anyway, don’t let this situation affect you that much. I don’t like it when my Riah is unhappy. No more tears.” Riah smiled at his concern while trying to hide her blush.

Since when have I been his Riah?!

“Thank you Jonghyun.” Giving him a peck on the cheek, Riah went into her house only to be greeted by a familiar whine.

“Riah~ Your mean oppa won’t bake cupcakes with me!!” Riah smiled weakly.

“I’m sorry Chanyeol oppa, maybe he’s just not in the mood to. Ask again tomorrow.” Without another word, Riah walked to her room while Chanyeol stared in shock.

She usually jumps at the chance to bake with me. And she didn’t even scold Baekhyun!!!

Without another thought, Chanyeol went into the living room where Baekhyun was studying.

“Baekhyun.” He looked up in concern, as Chanyeol never used a serious voice unless it was important.

“Yeah babe?”

“I think there’s something wrong with Riah.” Baekhyun snorted.

“Yeah, and the sky is blue. Tell me something I don’t know.

“So you have noticed!!”

“Of course I have you idiot!! I live with her after all!!”

“Then you see where I’m getting at.”

“What are you getting at other than stating the obvious?”

“That someone has taken the real Riah and replaced her with a bad replacement!! Kris was right!! The alien invasion is coming and they’re starting with your sister!!” Baekhyun stared in disbelief.

“Chanyeol?”

“Yeah?”

“How many energy drinks did you take today?”

“I lost count at seven.”

“Then do me a favor and go away before you say something even more ridiculous.”

“Yes dear.” As Chanyeol left, Baekhyun shook his head in exasperation.

Leave it to Chanyeol to take Kris’ attempt at a joke seriously.


The next day, Chanyeol let himself into Baekhyun's room completely beside himself.

"Baekhyunnie!! Guess what I have~" Chanyeol sang as he waved an envelope around Baekhyun's face.

"Well guessing useless since I'm about to find out regardless." Baekhyun opened the envelope cautiously.

“You got us reservations at Belle Rêve?! That’s the most expensive restaurant in town!!” Chanyeol blushed a bit.

“I thought it would be nice for all of us to go out. And Riah hasn’t been in the best of moods lately, so I was hoping it would cheer her up.” Baekhyun smiled.

“I’m sure she will. If not, I’ll make her.” Before Chanyeol could comment on the slight threat, Baekhyun continued. “But it says you have reservations for four. There are only three of us. Is Kris tagging along again?”

“No, he’s out of town again. The fourth person is Jonghyun. I thought he would want to come too.” Chanyeol could swear he saw Baekhyun deflate a bit.

“Oh, right. I guess she would want her boyfriend there too.” Baekhyun said sulking. Then an evil smile appeared on his face.

Although, he doesn’t have to stay the entire time. I just need to figure out how to get rid of him and make it look accidental.

“Byun Baekhyun.” Chanyeol’s stern voice interrupted his thoughts.

“You have to promise me you’ll be on your best behavior tonight. The last thing Riah needs right now is to play referee between her brother and boyfriend. Especially on her birthday. If you love her as much as you say you do, you’ll do this.” Baekhyun pouted.

“Why do you have to ruin all my fun Chanyeollie.” He whined. Chanyeol grinned and pinched his boyfriend’s cheek.

“If you behave, I promise I’ll reward you indefinitely for it.” Baekhyun grinned.

“I can deal with that.”

 

“Oppa, where are you taking me?” Riah asked nervously as Baekhyun guided her out of his car.

“It’s a surprise. Just trust your oppa RiRi. And try not to trip, you have an expensive dress on.” Baekhyun reassured her as he handed his keys to the valet. 

“Oppa, last time you wanted to surprise me, Chanyeol nearly destroyed the gift.”

“That’s because SeHun spiked his drink and he went insane.” Riah lightly laughed at the memory.

“Well, he did want time alone with Crystal. His methods of ensuring it are questionable.”

“I don’t know what was scarier last summer: those two fighting over a girl or the fact that she actually wanted SeHun.”

“Well if she chose Chanyeol, you two wouldn’t be dating right now.” Baekhyun nodded in agreement. “And SeHun has toned down since they started dating. She’s a good influence on him. Now that I think about it, I should probably call her sometime.”

“When was the last time you did?” Baekhyun asked, thankful for his sister’s short attention span.

“Umm, not since New Year’s. We’ve both been busy with final projects.”

“Well when we get back, you can try calling her. Unless SeHun made the trip to visit her again., then you’ll never get in touch with her.” The siblings laughed.

“Ohh!! Maybe they would be willing to double date with Jonghyun and I!!” Baekhyun snorted at the thought.

Like SeHun would be willing to share her with anyone, even her best friend.

“Oppa? Why did we stop? Are we there yet?” Baekhyun guided Riah to a seat as he said yes and removed the blindfold. After her eyes adjusted, Riah saw Jonghyun’s shy smile, Chanyeol’s bright grin and Baekhyun’s gentle smile. The three men were dressed in tuxes and each one had a bouquet of roses: Jonghyun had white, Baekhyun had pink and Chanyeol had yellow.

“Happy Birthday Riah~” The three men sang. Riah smiled while trying not to cry.

“Remember what I said? No more tears.” Jonghyun said as he kissed her on the cheek. The couple froze suddenly remembering the audience. Looking over to the side, they were greeted with the sight of a fuming Baekhyun.

“Why don’t we get seated so we can start eating?” Chanyeol said as he seated Baekhyun. Jonghyun nodded as he took the seat next to Riah, trying to ignore the burning glares being sent to him.

“So Riah, order whatever you want!! It’s my treat!” Chanyeol urged as the waiter handed over their menus.

“Are you sure oppa?” Riah asked, looking over the prices. “Everything looks pretty expensive.”

“Don’t worry about it. It’s my present to you~” Chanyeol said after he eagerly told the waiter his order.

“I’ll take my usual, thank you.” Baekhyun said to the waiter as he rested his head in his hands inspecting the couple. His eyes narrowed as he noticed Jonghyun discreetly hold his Riah’s hand under the table.

Who does he think he is? Does he think he’s being slick? I wasn’t born yesterday!!!

“So Jonghyun,” the other three at the table froze. “Would you mind telling me about that Christmas incident?” Riah blushed furiously while all color left Jonghyun’s face.

“Umm, well you see…”

Idiot!! Why did he have to mention it that time!!!

Why did I have to mention it that time!!! Baekhyun looks like he’s going to murder me!!

I hope Baekhyun kills him after dessert. I don’t want to leave before trying the chocolate cake!!

"So did you or did you not defile my poor defenseless little sister?” Baekhyun asked raising an eyebrow. Jonghyun sputtered in disbelief.

“I would never do such a thing to her!!” Jonghyun shouted in outrage. “And how dare you ever insinuate I would!! I love Riah and I would never push her to do such a thing until we’re married!! Even then I would wait until she’s ready. She’s worth waiting for.” Jonghyun took a deep breath after his rant, then froze realizing what he just said. Looking around the table, he saw Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Riah all look at him with wide eyes.

Did I/he just say what I think I/he did?!

Why did I have to say it out loud!! I haven’t even talked to my parents about it!!!

“Your entrées are here.” The waiter said as he came in with their meals.

Thump

“Oppa!!”

“Baekhyun!! Don’t pass out until after the dessert!!!”

 

“Ugh.”

“Welcome back to the world of the living~” Chanyeol chirped.

“Ahh, Chanyeol, I had the worst dream. That boy said he wanted to marry Riah and a bunch of other crap. And the worst part was that I actually respected that. Why did he have to be the ideal guy I want for her?!”

“Umm, Baekhyun?”

“What?!”

“It wasn’t a dream.” Chanyeol silently looked to his right, where a shocked Riah and Jonghyun were sitting.

. Did they hear that?!

“Oppa? Why didn’t you tell me?”

Double !!

“Riah, Chanyeol, would you mind leaving me alone with Jonghyun?” Silently nodding, the duo left the room.

“I will only say this once and once only: I have only been tough on you to see if you were as serious about Riah as you say you are. And so far, you’ve passed with flying colors. So don’t you dare screw up and make me lose faith in you two.” Jonghyun nodded slowly, still in disbelief. Baekhyun walked over to Jonghyun and grabbed him by the collar.

“And if you ever make her cry, I swear I will castrate you with a cheese grater!!” Without another word, Baekhyun left the room.

“Yah, will you take care of your dope of a boyfriend?" Riah immediately rushed in.

"Are you alright?! What did he say?!"

"I can't say. But I think he'll go easy on me from now on." Riah sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness. Jonghyun?"

"Yes?"

"Did you mean what you said at the restaurant?" The couple blushed as they reeves what was said.

"Yes. Everything I said and more. I want to be the first person you see in the morning and the last one you see before you go to bed. I want to be the lucky man who gets to call you his wife and the mother of my children. I want little girls sweet and cute like you and little boys caring and strong like you. I want to grow old with you and share all that life had to offer. I know we're both still you g, but I'm 100% positive that I love you Riah and I want to be with you fr the rest of my life." Jonghyun leant over and brushed away the tears that had run down Riah's cheek.

"Hey, what did I say about no more tears? I guess I should calm you down now." Jonghyun said with a smirk as he leaned closer.

"J-Jonghyun!! Oppa and Chanyeol are in the next room!!" Riah exclaimed blushing furiously.

"Well we better be quiet." Before Riah could speak out, Jonghyun gave her a gentle kiss.

"What?"

"You thought I was going to do more? Riah, you're naughtier than I thought." Jonghyun said with a smirk.

"Yah!! Don't tease me like that!!!" Riah exclaimed hitting him on the shoulder. Laughing, Jonghyin stole another kiss and leaned his forehead on hers.

"Happy Birthday."


Well here's the first of many drabbles to come~ 

And Happy Bitthday to the real Riah!! I hope you like your present!! :)

Ohh!! And the meaning behind the rose colors are:

White: purity, heavenly, true love

Pink: appreciation, grace, happiness

Yellow: joy, friendship, gladness