Scared

Into the Fire

The next morning, Yongguk had already gone. Out with his gangster friends, Hyowon thought to herself, feeling her heart sink. Lately she had been getting angrier and angrier at Yongguk. 

"Daehyun! What are you doing here?!" Hyowon jumped at the sight of the handsome Jung Daehyun in her apartment. 

"Hey Hyo...just getting some supplies." Hyowon watched as Daehyun stepped on all of Yongguk's abandoned music sheets. Each step pinched her heart. It was sickening to see his dreams empty and broken lying on the floor like that. 

"Huh...That's a lot of Scotch!" Daehyun remarked as he passed by the couch. Hyowon had been too upset after she had put Yongguk to bed to clean up the mess. 

"It's a long story Mr. Jung." Hyowon sighed as she pulled her tight pencil skirt over her lacy underwear. She was so used to Yongguk's friends just comin in and out that it didn't bother her that she was not fully dressed when they came in anymore. 

"Headed to the club?" Daehyun called from the kitchen. 

"Yeah." Hyowon fixed her hair and applied her makeup. She worked as a waitress/bartender in a club in Hongdae. 

She pinned her hair up elegantly and then puased to think. 

"Daehyun-ssi...are you busy?" She called out to Daehyun. In the moments before his reply she could hear her heart thumping her chest very clearly. 

"Right now?"

"Yeah." 

"Uh guess not, what's it for?" Daehyun made his way from the kitchen to the front door. 

"I'm scared." 

"What?" Daehyun scrunched up his face as if someone had taken his food. 

"I'm afraid of the men in the streets." Normally, Hyowon went with Yongguk. He was her knight in shining armor and he had sworn to always be there to protect her. She had loved the feeling of his strong arms around her waist. His muscular pecks seemed as if they could shelter from a bomb blast. 

"I'll go with you, Hyowon." Daehyun agreed. 

Hyowon and Daehyun made their way to the club. Although she was with Daehyun, she still felt exposed and nervous. 

"We're here." Daehyun smiled and pat Hyowon's hand to comfort her. "I  won't be able to pick you up though." Daehyun said regretfully. 

"Don't worry Dae. Thank you for this." Hyowon smiled but she was shaking on the inside. 

 

 

The clock struck 2:00 am, and for once, Hyowon didn't want to leave. 

"Eonnie can you give me a lift?" Hyowon desperately asked her coworkers. Each answer was negative so Hyowon made her back home. 

It was pitch black without a soul in the streets. Only the sound of Hyowon's five inch heels could be heard in the confusing tangle of alleyways and streets.  A few party-goers crossed her path and Hyowon hid in a doorway until they had passed her. 

Hyowon reached her street. She had taken the precaution of taking her keys out ahead of time so that she could quickly open her gate. She walked as quickly as she could and silently cursed the the clacking of her heels on the pavement. Hyowon had reached her gate and turned the key. She heard heavy breathing and smelled alcohol. All the hairs on her body stood up straight and a cold sweat washed over her. Hyowon whipped around in terror. 

"Wh-who are you?" Hyowon stammered. 

"Hey pretty lady, why don't you ask your boyfriend?" The man reached for her face, but she shyed away. 

"Yongguk?" 

"Yes. I believe Mr. Bang and I have some unfinished business." He kept trying to pull her in. Hyowon knew that if he managed to get a hold of her, she was done for. 

"Let. Go. Of. ME!" Hyowon shreiked with a mix of terror and courage. In her fury, she ripped herself away from the man and kneed him right in between the legs. 

"OW! You ing !" The man spat and keeled over, clutching his crotch. 

With the adreline giving her wings, Hyowon locked the gate and ripped up the five flights of staris. 

As soon as she closed her apartment door, she crumbled onto the floor and began sobbing.