Chapter 6

It Means Nothing

         "KEVIN HAS A ING BOYFRIEND!!!!????!?!?!?" Eli thought to himself as he was walking to his next class since lunch had just ended. "I heard him say it! I heard him say he was dating Dongho for a couple days now. I knew they weren't just pretend Valentines, Why the did Kevin have to lie to me? We're best friends aren't we?! Does he not give a about what I think? That damn bastard giving me that sad look knowing damn well he's been caught. Does our friendship mean nothing to him? And how long has he ing been gay? I mean it's obvious now that I look at it. I should've believed all those people who warned me. What if he starts hitting on me? OMG, WE SLEPT IN THE SAME BED BEFORE! WE SHARED BLANKETS!!!" Eli thought panicking and feeling uncomfortable. Eli just left school campus being to caught up in his thoughts to attend class. Eli started to think back on all the times they've hugged, ate, and slept together. Eli has even changed in front of Kevin. Eli loved Kevin, he was like a little brother to him but he didnt know if he could accept Kevin being gay: Kevin being his best friend. Eli felt frustrated, uncomfortable, anger, and most of all betrayed. "Why didnt Kevin tell me? Why the did he make me waste all these years of my life being friends with some ?" Eli thought to himself. Eli didnt know if he could be friends with a homoual nor if he even wanted to. 

"Damnit Kevin!" Eli groaned while punching the side of some building. Eli was now walking thinking back, thinking about Kevin. Eli realized Kevin was jealous of Yoonji. That's why he was acting so dramatic. "Did Kevin really think I would leave Yoonji for him? I'm ing straight and always will be!! Eli said speaking to himself. Eli was full of anger and frustration. He didn't know what to do. Eli was walking in the parking when he felt his phone vibdating in his pants pocket. He checked the caller ID before answering.

"What's up babe?" Eli asked his girlfriend who was on the other line.

"Don't whats's up babe me! Where the hell are you?" Yoonji asked soundinb irritated. Eli checked his watch realizing school has already ended.

"I'm sorry babe, I lost track of time. I'm on my way"

"What do you mean on your way? Where the he~" Eli hung up running back to school not wanting to make his girlfriend even more upset. Eli checked his wrist watch trying to keep track of time not noticing the figure speed walking his way. The two crashed into each other and fell to the floor.

 

 

Earlier that day 

"Kevin, can you stlp making that tapping noise with your finger? It's kind of annoying and your disrupting my class!" Kevin's chemistry Ms. Lee scolded. Kevin didnt respond but stopped the tapping. Kevin was extremely nervous and scared. He knew Eli heard him say that Him and Dongho were dating. Kevin didn't know what to do. He could deny it but it would have been no use since Eli  heard him loud and clear. Kevin kept shifting in his seat not paying any attention to the lecture. Kevin just kept coming up with scenarios in his head on how the next he sees Eli will be, none of them being happy. Kevin felt his tears build up in his eyes as the scenarios kept playing in his mind. Kevin was sure Eli was disgusted and most likely will end their friendship. After all those years of friendship is about to end and Kevin knew it. Kevin buried his face in the fabric of his school bag to hide his face, he didnt want anybody to see him crying. "Why did I have to turn out gay? Why does Eli have to hate gay people so much? Why can't I ever win? It would have just been easier if I was born a girl, at least then I would have a chance with Eli and our friendship wouldn't have been in danger! Damnit why? Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?!" Kevin thought, his voice screaming in his head. Kevin heard the final bell ring and stormed out of class. He quickly went to his locker and put his books away.

"Hey Kevin! Lets walk home together!" Kevin could hear Dongho call as he was running up to him. Dongho noticed right away that Kevin was crying.

"K-Kevin what's wrong? Are you okay?" Dongho asked worried. Kevin didn't say anything, he let his sad expression answer for him. Before Dongho could question him any further, Kevin ran.

"KEVIN!" Dongho called but Kevin never looked back.

 

Present time with Eli

 

Eli groaned in pain as he was trying to get up from the floor.

"I'm sorry, I should have watched where I was going" the other apologized. Eli looked up to see the one apologizing was none other then Jason.

"Damn right!" Eli said feeling his anger rise. He wasn't really angry around Jason but disgusted. He didnt know why but he just wanted to beat the crap out of the boy, he wanted to break every bone in his body, make him cry out in pain, cry out for mercy, make him regret living. Jason quickly got up and started  to walk away being scared of the intense glare he was getting from Eli. He could tell he just wanted to kill soomeone and he didn't want it to be him. Despite his efforts he could not get away. Eli grabbed a handful of Jason's hair and slammed him to the floor. Eli pinned Jason down, his knees over Jason's shoulders so he couldn't escape, and he just started to throw punches, continuously slamming his fists down on Jason's face. Jason struggled to get out of Eli's hold but the teenage boy was too heavy and the punches to the faces weren't really helping either. Eli was too consumed with rage to notice the boy he was beating was already unconscious.

"ELI STOP YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HIM!!" Eli heard a voice scream as he was pulled off the motionless figure beneath him.. Eli looked up to see a terrified Kevin.

"You! When were you going to tell me that you're a ing homo?" Eli spat while standing up.

"Eli please.." Kevin looked to the floor already knowing where this was going

"Please what? Did you think you could hide it from me forever!?" Kevin kept quiet keeping his gaze on the floor. "I'm done with you, Im not going to be friends with some !" Eli said walking away. Although Kevin was expecting this, it killed him.

"Eli! Please wait!" Kevin said grabbing onto Eli's wrist only to have it flung away by Eli later.

"Don't ing touch me!!" Eli shouted walking away.

"What the hell does this friendship mean to you anyway?" Kevin said as the tears started to furiously flood his eyes and stream down his cheeks like an angry river.

Eli turned around to face Kevin " IT MEANS NOTHING! I should have ing know ! I'm such a !" Eli said turning around again and started to walk away. Kevin ran up to Eli and wrapped his arms around Eli's waist stopping him dead in his tracks. 

"ELI I LOVE YOU!!! Please don't leave me..." Kevin scream but then lowered his voice into a whisper. Eli unwrapped Kevin's hands from his waist and pushed Kevin to the floor. "That's ing sick! Dont ever talk to me. You're dead to me!" Eli said walking off again. Kevin didn't try to run after him this time. He just layed there on the floor harshly sobbing. "I knew you would leave me, that's why I never told you..." Kevin said but Eli was already long gone.  Kevin slowly got up on his feet and slowly walked over to Jason who was still laying unconscious  on the floor.

"You are so strong, how do you do it?" Kevin asked an unconscious Jason while softly rubbing the side of his cheek. Kevin effortlessly put Jason on his back and made his way home. Kevin walked through the front door to his house and made his way upstairs.

"Kevin is tha- Oh my heavens! Kevin who is that? What happened?" Kevin's mother asked from the bottom of the stairs shocked to see her son carrying a beaten, bloody unconscious up her stairs.

"Nothing Umma, there is nothing to worry about" Kevin said as he entered his room and layed Jason down on his bed.

"Nothing to worry about? There is an unconscious beaten man laying on your bed and there is nothing to worry about?" Is he even alive?"

"Yes Umma, he is alive"

"Kevin Ray Woo, you better tell me what's going on or I'll beat dat " his mother scolded

"Okay, lets talk downstairs" Kevin said after tucking in his friend.

", I forgot to clean his cuts" Kevin mumbled.

"Yah!" Mr.s Woo hissed "You will not use that language in my house"

"Yes Umma" Kevin grabbed the first-aid kit from the bathroom and started cleaning Jason's wounds.

"When you are finished up here, I'll be waiting downstairs for you to explain"

"Yes Umma" Mr.s Woo nodded and headed downstairs. Kevin looked around his room to make sure his mother has left. He turned back to Jason and looked at his swollen lip, bloody nose, and black eye. A drop of water fell on Jason's abused cheek followed by another and another. Kevin squeezed the cotton ball in his fist as more tears fell from his eyes and quiet sobs left Kevin's lips.

"I'm such an idiot" Kevin said speaking to himself. Kevin finished cleaning Jason's wounds and headed downstairs to go explain everything to his mother. He hoped his mother would be more accepting then Eli. Kevin made his way downstairs and into the living room where his mother was waiting.

"So?"

"Before I say anything, I should just let you know that I'm gay" Kevin said looking at his hands. He could already feel the tears escaping his eyes. "I've been gay for as long as I could remember. I hope you won't think I'm disgusting or disown me, I hope you can still love me as your son." Kevin said sobbing

"Ke-" his mother started but Kevin stopped her

"Wait let me finish. So basically I've kept my uality hidden from everyone but today I kind of came out to my friends saying that I was dating Dongho. Everyone seemed fine with it but I knew Eli was troubled. I was so scared that Eli would hate me and end our friendship. So I was worried all day. I was rushing home after school when I saw Eli beating Jason up, the boy who is in my room unconscious, and I pulled him off. Me and Eli got in an argument about my uality and he's disgusted by me. He told me I was dead to him even though I confessed my feelings for him! Please mom dont hate me!" Kevin said crying into his hands. Kevin felt his mother lift him up. He looked up at his mom. She looked furious.

"Umma ple-" Kevin couldn't finish his sentence. His mother slapped him before he could. Kevin put a hand on his left cheek which felt like it was burning. He looked up at his Umma with a broken expression.

"When that boy wakes  up I want him out of my house" with that said she left the room. Kevin stood there for a while before going back to his room. Kevin walked into his bedroom and closed his door. Kevin walked over to his closet and grabbed his suitcases. He layed them on the floor and started filling them up with his belongings while sobbing quietly. After packing all his clothes and other things, Kevin pulled out his phone and scrolled through the contact list. He clicked on the name "Dad" and tapped on the phone icon. The phone rang three times before somebody answers.

"Hello Kevin?"

"Hey Dad"

"What's going on son? You haven't called in a while. Is there something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong. Remember when you asked me if I wanted to live with you and I told you I'd think about it?"

"Yeah" his father sounded happy, knowing where Kevin was going with this.

"Well I thought about it and I decided I want to live with you"

"Really? That's great! Does your mother know?"

"No but I'll tell her after I hang up" 

"Okay. Just let me know what she says and I'll buy you a plane ticket"

"Thanks Dad"

"Ofcourse son"

"Oh and Dad?"

"Yes son?"

"I love you"

"Aw, I love you to son"

"Bye Dad"

"Bye son" with that Kevin hung up his phone and looked at his friend laying on his bed. Kevin made some space for himself on the bed and decided to take a nap before telling his mother. He figured she didn't want to speak to him right now anyways.

"This is all I can do" Kevin thought as he drifted off to sleep.

Kevin felt someone shaking his body while calling out to him.

"Kevin. Kevin wake up" Kevin groaned before getting up.

"Oh Jason, you're awake. How are you feeling?" Kevin asked, his voice sounding tired.

"My face hurts but I've been through worse. Where are we?"

"You're at my house. I carried you here." Kevin said checking the time. He has slept for two hours and it was now dark outside.

"Y-You didn't have to!! I'm sorry"

"Oh shut up, I wasn't just going to leave you there. What kind of friend would I be if I just left you there" Kevin said smiling.

"Thank you" Jason said smiling back "Eli really knows how to punch" Jason said touching his bruise cheek.

"Hehe yup"Kevin said getting out of bed.

"Are you going on a trip?" Jason asked noticing the suitcases near the door.

" Yeah, sort of. I'll tell you guys about it at school tomorrow but you should be getting home. Your parents might be worried sick" Jason nodded and quickly got out of bed.

", they're going to kill me!" Jason said running to the door

"Hey Jason?" I said before he stepped out of my room "Do your parents accept you for being gay and all?"

"Um yeah. It's because of them and their love that I can make it through everyday" Jason said smiling.

"I see. Well goodnight Jason. See you tomorrow!" Kevin said while hugging his friend goodbye. After Jason left, Kevin locked the door and walked to his mothers room. He knocked twice before entering. He looked around the room noticing how messy it was. It looked like his mother didn't take his uality to well. Kevin cleared his throat to grab his mothers attention who was sitting on her bed.

"My friend left"

"Okay..."

" I'm going to go live with Dad in the states from now on. I will be gone in a couple of days. I just thought I should let you know" Kevin waited for his mother to respond but nothing left . Kevin was upset that she didnt say anything to stop him but he was expecting it anyway. Kevin closed his mothers bedroom door and went to his own room. Kevin crawled into bed and cried himself to sleep.

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the depressing chapter but I didn't want Elvin to work so quickly like in all those other fics. I want their love to be a struggle. Well I hope you guys liked it. Please comment and let me know what you think!Don't forget to subscribe!

 

Btw, I didn't proof read it so sorry for any spelling mistakes or anything of that sort. Bye <3