Stood up.....again

It Means Nothing

Kevins POV

           I stood there tapping my foot impatiently on the pavement.

"He's late again" I said exhausted. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and checked the time. It was now 4:30pm. School ended an hour ago.

"Seems like I'll be walking home alone again" I sighed as I angrily shoved my phone back into my pocket. I pulled out my ipod and put on my earphones. I started to kick a random rock on my way home as I was listening to my ipod. I was mad, this isn't the first time he stood me up. It's been happening lately because he has been busy with the oh so pretty Yoonji. I scoffed at my thoughts. Well fine, if he wants to be with her then fine, I'll just walk with someone else. I finally reached my house. As I walked in I screamed "Umma, I'm Home!" and angrily stomped into my bedroom locking the door behind me. I decided to take a shower since they help me calm my nerves. I undressed and walked into the bathroom. I turned the dial so the water could be warm. I exhaled slowly as the warm water hit my body. I started to sing as I was washing myself.

"Meoreojilkkabwa naega sirheojilkkabwa. Malhago sipeonneunde ibi. Tteoreorjijiga anhasseo.

Meoreojikkabwa na geobi nanabwa. Hoksirado neowa naui saiga. Jeongmal oesaekhaejyeo meoreojilkkabwa"

<3<3<3

I wrapped the towel around my waist and walked to the mirror. I wiped the steam away and looked at myself in the mirror.

"What does she have that I don't?" I asked myself angrily, already knowing the answer but saying them anyway just to make myself feel worse.

"She's pretty, has a nice body, pretty hair, and 2 things that I could never have, well I could but don't want to which is s and you know the place down there where blood comes out like once a month. Why do guys like that anyway? Here I go talking to myself again" I sighed and got dressed. After I dried my hair I decided to go down to the kitchen and eat. I saw the still hot food that was still on the stove that was recently cooked by my mother. I took a step but then took a step back

"Kevin stop eating, he is going to think you're fat!" I turnd around but stopped myself "It's not like he'll go out with me even if I'm skinny" I grabbed a plate and filled it with food. I sat at the table but didn't eat. I just stared at my food. I picked up my chopsticks and grabbed some food and stuffed it into my mouth.

"He will never like me!" I stuffed more food into my mouth

"He will never feel the same way!" I stuffed my mouth again nearly choking

"He only has eyes for her!" I looked at the food that I was about to stuff into my mouth but instead of eating it I just started to cry.

"Why do I feel like this? Why do I live like this? Why do I torture myself like this?" I finished my food while cryinging and headed back into my room. I jumped onto my bed and grabbed my phone. I had 1 unread mesage. Already knowing who it was, I opened the message

From: Eli

7:15pm

Hey Kevin, I'm sorry I couldn't walk with you again. I walked Yoonji home"

I stared at the message for a while before replying

To: Eli

7:17pm

okay.

Shortly after I sent my text my phone buzzed.

From:Eli

7:18pm

Are you mad? I said I was sorry

 

To:Eli

7:18pm

no

 

From:Eli

7:19pm

Kevin I know you're mad.

 

To:Eli

7:25pm

If you knew then why did you ask? -_-

My phone buzzed again but I was in no mood to reply or even read the text. I just layed there in my bed with my face buried into my pillow until I fell asleep. I woke up early the next morning and lazily got ready for school. I went into the kitchen and decided to eat an apple for breakfast. I grabbed my backpack and headed out. I was waiting in front of my house for Eli. I know I should be mad at him for ditching me again but I can't stay mad at anyone even if I wanted to. I started to sing as I was waiting.

"Cheombuteo ni numbiche kkeullyeo. Orae dwaesseo neoreul johahage dwaesseo"

Suddenly I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist and I let out a shocked yelp.

"Were you singing about me?"

"Harharhar you're hilarious" I said in a flat tone. Eli let go of me and looked into my eyes

"Are you still mad?"

"You know  I can't stay mad at anyone, not even you Eli"

"Good" he smiled and we walked to school. We entered the school gates and I saw a girl running up to us, well to Eli.

"Hey babe!" the said girl wrapped her arms around Eli's neck and kissed him on the lips. I tightly clenched my hands into fists.

"Hey Yooni!" I absolutely hate that nickname he gave her, I mean he is only missing the "j" it's stupid, really.

"Ok well bye" I said as I started to walk off. Eli was about to say something but was cut off by Yoonji's lips. I rolled my eyes at the scene and walked away. I'm angry again. I headed to my first class which I also had with Eli and looked around. I didn't want to sit next to Eli today so I looked around for any of my friends I can sit next to. My eyes set on a boy sitting in the middle of the class and a smile crept up on my face.

"Hey Jason" I greeted as I sat in the seat next to his.

"Hi Kevin, no Eli today?"

"Don't even mention him right now" I groaned "Can I sit next to you today?"

"Ofcourse!" Jason said as he broke into a big smile. I giggled at his cuteness and pinched his cheeks

"So cute~" He turned away but not before I noticed his blush. I giggled again. Jason was a really nice guy but unfortunately had no friends beside me and Dongho. No one liked him. He was made fun of everyday because he was gay but not around me ofcourse. It's not that they were afraid of me but was afraid of Eli. Eli would always defend me and beat anyone up who upset me. They knew Eli didn't like Jason either but didn't want to risk it because of me. Yes, Eli is homophobic, which makes our friendship difficult to manage. Ofcourse I never came out to anyone because I didn't want Eli to find out and completly ignore me. So   he believes me when I tell him I'm not gay but sometimes when we get into arguements he would tell me how girly I am and how he wouldn't be surprised if I were gay and asks why he's even my friend. Ofcourse it would hurt everytime but me being the idiot I am could never stay mad.

"So may I ask what happened" Jason asked, I sighed before answering the question

"Nothing important" Jason just nodded knowing I didn't want to talk about it. 

"Hey Jason, I am going to eat lunch with you and Dongho today" I said while playing with my boots

"Sure, we hardly get to eat with eachother anyway since you're always with Eli. If he weren't such a homophobe I would think you guys would be dating" He said teasingly. Yeah I wish I thought to myself

"Yeah um no" Jason chuckled and ruffled my hair

"Yah! My hair" I whined as I fixed my hair. Jason just laughed and I pouted. The bell rang and students started pouring in, including Eli. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I saw Eli walking towards me and Jason.

"Hey " Eli said to Jason as he turned to me "Kevin, are you not going to sit next to me today?" Eli said with a pout

"No, I'm going to sit with my buddy here" I said as I put a hand on Jasons shoulder causing a smile from him. Eli scoffed

"Why are you going to sit with this thing today"

"Eli, stop being mean and go" I scolded

"Whatever" Eli said as he walked to the back where we normally sat. The teacher walked in and class started. I looked foward and paid attention. 

"Alright everyone, we are doing a group project. The group will consist of 3 people. Each of you will choose an appropriate song and tell it's meaning. The song must relate to you and your feelings. you will present but you could make a poster, drawing, or even peform. Project due friday. Get started!" With that all the kids started to walk to their friends they wanted to work with. I turned to Jason and smiled

"Jason, let's work together"

"Okay" Jason beamed. I laughed at his cuteness and pinched his cheeks again. He blushed again but didn't turn away.

"Hey Kev, let's work together" Eli said as he walked up to me. I smiled and nodded.

"Sure, if you don't mind working with Jason" Eli puffed out his cheeks and nodded

"Sure...." he agreed. I smiled and clapped my hands together

"So, what song should we do?" I asked turning to Eli then Jason. Eli shrugged but Jason raised his hand. I laughed

"Oh Jason, just say it, you don't have to raise your hand" I giggled while pinching his cheeks. Eli scoffed and I just glared at him.

"well...um, how about C-CLOwN's far way?" I smiled at his choice. 

"I love that song!" I said as I clapped

"Yah! Do you have a crush or something? Do you like Kevin but can't say it because Kevin would reject your gayness?" Eli laughed and Jason just lowered his head. The bell rang and Jason quickly stormed out before I could apologize for Eli's stupidity.

I glared at Eli and he stopped laughing

"Why do you have to be such a jerk?!" I said as I also walked out of the room. Eli ran up from behind me 

"Hey Kev, I'm sorry!" Eli said with pleading eyes

"Don't apologize to me, apologize to Jason!" Eli scoffed. I just walked away.

"Hey come on Kevin" Eli pleaded. I just ignored him and went to my next class, which I thankfully didn't have with Eli but with Dongho. I walked in and took my seat next to Dongho.

"Hi Dongho!" I said sweetly

"Hey Kevin!" Dongho greeted back with a hug. "So what's up with Jason? I said Hi but he completely ignored me" Dongho said with a pout. 

"Eli was being an again" I sighed

"Oh..." I nodded.

"I'll be eating lunch with you guys today" I smiled. Dongho returned the smile

"Yay!" Dongho beamed. Class went by quickly and it was now time for lunch. Me and Dongho grabbed our lunch and went up to the school roof. Nobody else ate their so Jason liked it there. When we reached the roof, Jason was already there sitting, leaning his back against the wall.

"Hey Jason, are you alright?" Dongho asked

"Yea, I'm really sorry about Eli. He can be a real jerk sometimes" I said

"It's fine, I'm used to it" Jason sighed.

"Still I'm sorry" Jason smiled

"As long as I have you and Dongho, I'll be fine" Me and Dongho both smiled and we all gathered in a group hug.

  <3<3<3

"So then I told the lady, hands off before I chop them off! and thats how I got the new 2ne1 poster in my room" I said with a big smile

"Wow Kevin so mean" We all started laughing but was rudely interrupted by Eli and Yoonji.

"Here you are Kevin, why are you eating lunch with them?" Eli said.

"Why not?" I retorted

"Because one is gay and the other is a nerd They might rub off on you....although I think the gayness might have rubbed off on you already" Yoonji said. Eli laughed. Oh hell no, now I'm really mad!

"First off, no one was talking to you so keep quiet, second, I don't like you so don't talk to me period, third, I can eat lunch wherever I want and with who ever I want to eat it with!" Yoonji glared and I glared back while Dongho and Jason just looked at the scene wide eyed.

"Hey don't talk to my girlfriend like that" Eli scolded.

"Well don't talk badly about my friends then!"

"Let's just go Eli" Yoonji said. I looked at Eli with sad eyes. He's going with her again. Eli once again was about to say something but was pulled away by Yoonji. I let out a frustrated sigh and threw my food at the door Eli and Yoonji just walked trough. I let out a frustrated groan and kicked the walll.

"Why does he let her talk to you like that?" Dongho asked

"Yeah, I thought he was your protecter or something" Jason added

"Yeah, who knows" I said as I sat next to Dongho. "It's her fault. I'm not going to let him ditch me again today after school or else he is going to regret it"

 

 

Elis POV

Before I could say anything, Yoonji pulled me away. Those eyes, Kevin's eyes. They looked sad. Is he avoiding me because I'm hurting him? That's a stupid question. I've been leaving him the past weeks. I'm such a horrible.friend! I felt a light pressure in my chest. I should walk with him today.

"Hey babe, you wanna walk home together again?" Yoonji asked

"Ugh~ I'm sorry Yooni, I have to walk with Kevin today. I'm kind of making him mad by leaving him lately" I said apologeticaly. Yoonji stopped and hugged me

"What about me? Who am I going to walk with?" Yoonji said with a voice that broke my heart

"Okay,I 'll walk with you" I whispered as I rubbed her back. She looked up and smiled

"Thanks babe" she said before placing her soft lips on mine. I smiled. I can always walk with Kevin tomorrow.

She placed her hand in mine and we walked to our next class.

<3<3<3

The bell rang and school finally ended. I went straight to the school gate to wait for Yoonji. As I walked there, I saw 3 people standing there already. I squinted my eyes and saw Kevin and his 2 loser friends. Kevin spotted  me and started to walk up to me

"Ok Eli, tell me now so I don't have to wait. Are you going to be walking with me or Yoonji?" Kevin asked

"Urrgghhh~ I'm kind of walking with Yooni" I said. Boy, I'm gonna get it. I braced myself for the worst

"Okay" Kevin said with a smile and turned around to walk back to his friends

"wait what? You're not mad?"

"No Eli, I'm furious but it's okay because from now on I'm going to be walking with Jason and Dongho. Oh, same for the mornings. Now you can spend your whole day with your Yooni" Kevin said as he walked off.

"Kevin...." Yup, I ruined everything. I walked foward and grabbed Kevins shoulder to turn him around

"Kevin wait. I'm sorry! I'll walkwith you today..." I said. He just looked at me and smirked.

"Let's go then" Kevin walked to his friends and hugged Dongho and pinched Jason's cheek. I rolled my eyes. Kevin took my hand and we walked off. Holding hands felt really weird but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to upset Kevin anymore. We were walking and missed a turn we were supposed to take.

"Ugh Kevin? We were kind of supposed to turn back there" I said confused

"We are going to the park. We need to talk" he said.

"O-okay" I have a bad feeling about this. We continued to walk towards the park and I lowered my gaze to my hand interlaced with Kevin. It felt weird but also made me happy. It kind of feels better then holding Yoonji's hand. Ew, that was so gay I thought to myself. I looked at Kevin and back at our hands. I swiftly pulled my hand away. Kevin looked at me with no emotion on his face. We stared at each other for a while until he looked away.  Dammit Eli! You probably made him mad again! I hesitated but grabbed for Kevins hand again. Kevin looked at me emotionlessly again and pulled his hand away.

"Kevi-"

"Don't hold it" Kevin said emotionlessly. I looked to the ground feeling guilty.

"We're here" Kevin said emotionlessly as he sat down on a swing and looked to the floor. I sat on the swing next to Kevin's and looked at him worried. 

"Is everything okay Kevin?" I asked

"Yeah, jus perfect" Kevin said emotionlessly.

"Kevin, can you stop talking like that? Your making it hard for me to read you" Kevin looked at me with a blank face and then looked away

"That's the point. I'm going to make this quick. I don't like Yoonji, I want you to break up with her. I also want you to stop making fun of Jason" This made me laugh

"Ok, well that's not going to happen" Kevin looked at me and then looked away. It stayed quit for a while until Kevin sat up. 

"Well I should get going now" he said and started to walk off. I just quietly followed behind him. When we reached Kevins house, he didn't even say bye. I just shrugged it off and went home.