Part2

What are Words

 

 

LuHan rested his head against the street light pole. He sighed. He couldn’t get the song out of his head. He kept hearing her voice singing those lines again and again. And he couldn’t help but remember all the things they had gone through, all the things he had put her through.

 

He recognized the song as one of the Western artistes’. She was smart to change a few things in the song lyrics so that it suited her. He closed his eyes and images of her smiling, laughing, frowning, crying and being upset filled his mind. He shook his head and got into his car before speeding home. He knew she was going to arrive home sooner than later.

 

LuHan quietly slipped into the house, changed into the clothes he had worn prior leaving the house and lied on the bed. Too tired to fight against his rebelling heart and mind, he gave in and let memories flood his mind. As expected, LuHan could see her standing on the stage in his mind and the song replayed for the umpteenth time that night.

 

“Anywhere you are, I am near
Anywhere you go, I'll be there
Anytime you whisper my name, you'll see
How every single promise I'll keep
Cause what kind of wife would I be
If I was to leave when you need me most

 

LuHan remembered how she was always near. He remembered how he only needed to whisper her name and she would be awake or come running to cater to his needs and whims. LuHan remembered how she had said her wedding vows in an earnest voice, her eyes sparkling with love and pain for him.

 

 

“I, Xi LuHan, take Choi HaeWon to be my wife.” LuHan said solemnly. There was no love or other romantic promises. He only said he would take her as his wife. He never planned on treating her like one. In his heart and mind, she was only a replacement.

 

“I, Choi HaeWon, take Xi LuHan as my lawfully wedded husband, through thick and thin, health and sickness, rich and poor. I vow to cherish him, love him, respect him and never leave him especially when he needs me most.”

 

LuHan almost scoffed but he kept a polite smile on his face while his friends erupted in cheers after hearing her vow.

 

 

And LuHan suddenly remembered her tears and screams on their wedding night. He had gotten drunk and needless to say, he treated her worse than a paid companion. And to this day, she still had the scar on her left temple. LuHan had gotten too aggressive and mad because she kept pleading for him to stop that he slammed her head onto the wall before having his way with her. She had lied to the doctor the next day, saying she tripped down the stairs.

 

She had known all along that she was just there to save his pride and she was just a replacement for the woman who had left him. She knew he didn’t love her. Still, she stayed. She was there when EXO had won numerous awards – of course, behind the stage and hidden from the cameras as LuHan didn’t want to be seen with her; and she was there when he got into the accident which paralyzed his legs. This time, she was in the front line, protecting him from the media, overzealous fans and from himself. She acted as if she was his hired nurse except in front of EXO and LuHan’s parents. Yes, EXOTICS didn’t know that LuHan was married.

 

She had always been there – just like how she promised she would

 

 

 

 

 

 

ps: There are gonna be two more updates.. sorry for the extremely late update.. dont kill me.. OTL