Realization

Submission and Fighting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 Years Later

(Jonghyun POV)

I stood there on the alter, holding the polished dainty hands of Boah Kwon, or soon to be Boah Kim. My heart beating wildly. 

Once we had moved back to Seoul I proposed, and a few onths later here I am.

How did I even end up on this podium? I still thought she was an annoying brat, so why did I propose? Giving in to my father maybe? Then a memory hit me that I almost fell down.

 

"Key... I'd actually like to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Well remember when I kissed you? It wasn't because I've gone insane for a brief period of time."

Key looked as if he could faint by now. "W-what are you trying to say?"

"Well... Umm.." I could feel my face flush and my heart racing, so much for playing it cool. "I kissed you because I like you."

 

"Jonghyun, do you take Boah Kwon as your lawfully wedded wife?" said a distant droning voice from the minister. In the haze from the memory, I wasn't able to answer. I looked at Boah, her lips showing a fake smile trying to keep the wedding going smoothly. 

She nudged me slightly as the crowd waited for an answer.

"Jonghyun? Do you take Boah as your lawfully wedded wife?" The minister repeatd again.

"I-I'm sorry Boah." I said and took off ignoring the gasps and small screams from Boah and the crowd.

"JONGHYUN!!" Boah screamed. I turned around and gave her a one more sad look before I turned around and ran away.

 

 

(Key POV) 

"Umma!!" Came a cute little voice and a familiar tug on my shirt. I turned around and found my beautiful five year old daughter staring up at me. 

"Hey Mikyong!" I said as I lifted her up and spun around once. She giggled with her eyes beaming.

"Umma I'm hungry!" She said.

"Arisao." I put her down and went to my bag. I pulled out a bag of snacks and gave it to her. 

"Thanks!" She said and went on to eating.

I smiled at her thinking how much she reminded me of Jonghyun. I loved her to death. She was the only one who could make me forget about Jonghyun. I picked her up and put her on my lap as I went back to work. 

My job wasn't much but what would you expect from someone who didn't go to college. After a few hectic years of highschool I finally graduated and became a full time parent. Minho was kind enough to give me a job at his company which he shared with Taemin. I was a secretary and sat in a typical office picking up phones, filing, and doing chores for my bosses. He was even mind enough to let me bring Mikyong with me to work so I didn't have to hire a babysitter. And honestly, Mikyong made my job bearable.

I looked at Mikyong and saw that she had already finished half the bag of snacks. I snatched it away from her causing her to whine in protest.

"No more snacks for you now!" I said laughing.

 

 

(Jonghyun POV)

I ran down the streets until I was sure I was far away from the wedding. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through all the contacts I kept over the years. Half of the people I don't even remember. I scrolled through it desperately but realized I forgot Key's real name. However my eyes fell upon a familiar name, Choi Minho.

"AHA!" I yelled in triumph. He was with Key that day in the hospital, he must still be in contact with Key. They seemed very close.

I pressed call and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" Said a deep voice.

"Minho, it's Jonghyun." I said.

I heard a gasp and the clatter of the phone on the other line. "Hello? Minho?"

"Yea I'm here. Jonghyun... I-I'm surprised you called."

"I remember some things. About Key."

I heard another gasp. "You remember??"

"Look, I'm in Seoul. I need to find Key, do you know where Key is?"

 

 

(Minho POV)

This was amazing... Jonghyun remembered!!

"Where are you right now?" I asked. "I'll pick you up."

He told me where he was and I hung up. 

"TAEMIN!!!" I yelled, and his head popped through my door almost immediately.

"What?" He asked.

"Jonghyun called!" I said.

"WHAT??!?" He screamed.

"WE GOTTA GO GET HIM!! HE REMEMBERS!!" 

"WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR?!?  LET'S GO!!" And with that we bolted out of the building and hopped into the car and drove off.

 

 

(Key POV)

"Key!" Came a voice.

I turned around and found Changmin walking towards me. "Hey!" I said and waved.

He pecked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter