Serendipity

This Is How We Never Met [Hiatus]

serendipity (n.) finding something good without looking for it. 


It was that time again, when it wasn't too cold nor too hot. It was that time when the leafs were crisp and red, that slowly cascaded down the cool September breeze. It was the perfect time for Kyungsoo to take a nice bike ride to school. He can still marvel over the beauty that nature, even though he is alone. He can still smile over the pretty things, even though he is miserable. He can still laugh over the semi-comedic skits on the late night show, even though his happiness was gone a long time ago. He can still talk to people, even though he has no friends. Over all he can enjoy nice days like today. 

But when he is alone, and all he can hear is the trailing of his own footsteps, something is broken. And he falls into sadness so sweet that it engulfs him , he misses something that doesn't exist. Kyungsoo can get by with walking to school on his own. He is able to tell himself that 'today will be a great day'. But he knows that lying is bad. That lying to yourself is even worse. It's just that he's just been so tired for so long, he's been so sad for so long. Eventually he made it, made it to a old beginning. He made it to school. 

-----

"Hello I'm Kyungsoo"

Quickly he said, through an inaudible voice. When he looked up, he met the faces of his class. But a sharp jaw line caught his eyes, dark orbs that melted him caught his eyes, and lips that were so plump yet so inviting did too catch his eye. Somehow something stirred, but not quite enough. Though he shone over all the other students in the class, he wanted to stay away from him. With heavy steps and quick breaths he walked over to his desk, he still made enough time to look back at the gorgeous man. Again something stirred but not quite enough.

Even though his mind was focused on the math written on the board, somehow he found himself looking back at the stranger that sat to his left. It pained him to know his name. It pained him to know his likes and dislikes. It pained him to know if he liked that same food that he did. But to his dismay all he could do was look. Suddenly there were whispers across the room, that he could help but eavesdrop. 

"Pst Kai! Jongin! Kai!. Wanna ditch?" 

As that was said the so said 'Jongin' turned his head, to whisper something back. Kyungsoo was sent into a trance, listening to his creamy deep voice whisper across the room, loud enough for it to echo through Kyunsoo's ears and pick at his heart. He put on a feeble smile as pink was staining his cjeecks. Again Kyungsoo can still smile at the pretty things, so he did, Jongin. His trance ended when the bell rang. The other students shot up and all scrambled out the door. As for Kyungsoo, he took his sweet time to make slow yet persistent steps to the door. 

Lunch was currently going on. Even for a second Kyungsoo forgot about the pain and loneliness that surrounded him. That second was lost and now it all came back. All he could do was stay blended into the crowd, all he could do is reminisce  on the past. He remembered that he is alone, so the sadness kicks in. Somehow he misses something. Somehow he found something good yet bad. Shrugging it of he picked at the remaining of his lunch. 

From across the room. Jongin watched how big Kyungsoo's eyes are,how  he scrunches his nose at the mush the cafeteria calls food, and how his big eyes are filled with pain and sorrow. He can't help but notice how longing his expressions are, and how longing his self feels also. But all he could do was steal looks at this mysterious yet inviting stranger. Shrugging it off he continued to laugh at his friends lame jokes. 

---

Maybe it was just an attraction. Maybe it was just a captivation. Maybe it was love. But somehow, somewhere both of them felt the same. 

Kyungsoo and Jongin both found something great that they weren't looking for. 

yet all they could do was look.