The 'Truth' Game

Best Buddies: The Dancer and The Singer

It is a normal night in Seoul. People are on their way home from work, having dinner with their family, hanging out with their friends or doing their normal routine for the day. But, for the members of XAct’11, today is the most boring night of their lives. Everyone is at the dorm doing their own stuffs half-heartedly since it is the only thing they can do to ease their boredom. Oh well, they know that they can do something productive, they are just too lazy to think of what to do or just too lazy to do it.

Hana is trying to concentrate on what she is reading but she failed. She closed the book frustratedly and started thinking of something else to do. She ended up sighing.

“Aish! This won’t work!” she said with a knotted forehead.

“Wrinkles will make you ugly. I know you wouldn’t want to have one anytime soon, my dear.” Edy reminded her while straightening the knot on her forehead with his index finger.

“That’s better, now smile.” He said and Hana managed to give him a forced smile.

“Oh! Forget it.” He screamed in frustration.

Kwang Sun who just came in from the living room, sat on the vacant chair beside Hana and laid his head on the table while looking at the other two.

“Everyone seems bored tonight.” He mumbled. “What are you reading?” He asked Hana while pointing at the book that she is reading.

“A novel.” Hana replied shortly as if saying additional words would need a lot of effort.

“What novel?” Kwang Sun asked while reaching for the book. After reading or should I say attempting to read the title, he gave it back to Hana. “The title is giving me a headache.” Edy snatched the book from him and read it loudly with his perfect English accent.

“The Associate by John Grisham. I heard he is great in writing suspense thrillers but stuffs like this aren’t my piece of cake.” He placed the book at the table and faced the other guy. “You should work with your English. You have to study, yeobo~.” Edy said which made Kwang Sun uncomfortable.

“Studying is no fun.” He said not taking Edy’s suggestion seriously.

Edy didn’t mind his comment and just said. “The two of you looks really bored.”

“Go and check the others at the living room, you’ll see that everybody else is bored. That’s the reason why I went here, I thought there might be something interesting, I was wrong.” Kwang Sun said lazily.

“You don’t find me interesting, yeobo~?” Edy said trying to piss Kwang Sun off.

“Oh, please!” Kwang Sun complained.

“I suddenly thought of baking something. Want to help me Edy?” Hana suddenly asked.

“I would love to but your laziness is somewhat contagious. It is starting to affect me.” Edy declined and the three of them rested their heads on the table.

“Aigoo~” They said in unison.

They are like that for a couple of minutes until Edy sat up and suggested something excitedly.

“I know! Let’s play truth or dare! But of course no-“

“No dares.” Hana and Kwang Sun finished his sentence for him.

“Definitely! Who would want to do stupid dares, anyway?” Edy stated.

“Sometimes, doing those stupid dares is better than telling the truth.” Hana said not even lifting her head to face Edy.

“You can still choose the ‘truth’ and then tell a lie afterwards. No one knows that you are telling one anyway.” Edy defended.

Hana looked up at him and nodded her head while pouting. “You have a point there. But what’s the use of playing that truth game now that we know someone might answer the question with a lie? What do you think Shiny Sun?”

“I am still fine with playing it. Better do something than die of boredom. So, who goes first?”

“Let’s settle it with playing rock, paper, and scissors.” Edy suggested so they started to play the game and Edy lost the first round.

“Truth or dare?” Kwang sun asked him.

“I told you! No dares!” Edy whined.

“Fine. Fine.  Edy, you are very open about your loyalty to the Choi line, but of all the Choi guy in the entertainment world or even Korea, who do you like the most?” Shiny sun asked. Hana looked at him with an is-that-even-a-question-dude look and Edy just laughed at it.

“Come on, Shiny-to-the-sun oppa, that question is way too easy for me! There might be a handful of choi guys in Korea but I only have two specific guys in my mind right now, and as much as I like Choi Siwon, I will choose my only love, Choi Minho, hands down.” Edy answered stressing his loyalty to the Choi line.

“You should have asked a harder one!” Hana blamed Shiny Sun.

“Even if the question is harder, I am still confident on answering it, noona.” Edy said with a smirk.  They resumed the game and it was Kwang Sun who lost in the second round.

“ You two…” Edy started with narrow eyes while pointing at Kwang Sun and Hana. The girl didn’t mind his curious stares and just sip her coffee.

“…are you guys dating?” He continued resulting for Hana to cough hard because she felt the coffee reached her nose upon hearing the younger guy’s question.

“What?!” Kwang sun asked with a shock expression.

“What do you mean, What? The question is easy to comprehend unless you are trying to deny things.” He said while Hana’s back. The girl is still coughing hard.

Hana gained her composure back and asked Edy incredulously while wiping with a tissue.  “Where the hell did you get that idea?”

“I always see you guys going out together. So I thought you might be dating or something.” He answered with a shrug.

“Of course, we are not dating! I am loyal to Yuri. There is no girl in my life other than her.” Kwang Sun said the last line dreamily.

“Aigoo~ You really say a lot of mushy stuffs if it is about Yuri. Try saying those things to her personally, you will surely get your kicked.”Hana commented with a laugh. Yuri is her friend so she knows a lot of things about her and she is using it to tease or even piss Shiny Sun.

“Don’t make me think that you’re starting to get jealous, Hana.” Shiny Sun in return.

“In your dreams, my dear~” Hana said in a sweet voice. This guy had a lot of times and she won’t let him win this time.

“You really like me that much, huh? You even called me dear.”

“Oh! It’s D-E-E-R for you, my deer!~” Hana said and Shiny Sun just glared at her.

“Can’t win this time, yeobo?” Edy joined Hana in teasing the older guy and they gave each other a high five.

“Aish! There is nothing going on between the two of us, okay? We just hang out a lot because we have common interests and besides I am asking her to help me with Yuri.” Kwang Sun defended.

“Arasseo~…” Edy said in a sing sang voice while grinning. “…and about Yuri-“

“You can only ask one question, Edy and I am done answering it. Let’s proceed with the game.” Shiny Sun was quick in changing the topic so the game went on and this time, Hana lost.

He thought that this is a great opportunity to squeeze some information about Yuri so he started. “Hana, I want to know only the truth. What is Yu-“ Edy didn’t let him finish his sentence. He shut him off by covering his mouth with his hands.

“You can’t ask anything about Yuri! The question must be all about Hana!”

“They are friends! What concerns Yuri, concerns her. It would be fine.” The other guy defended.

“No.” Edy said and he just made a face.

“Today is not your day.” Hana said with a laugh.

“Yeah, thanks for reminding.” Kwang sun rolled his eyes and said sarcastically.

“Okay, enough of the sarcasms, back to the game. Hana noona…” Edy started while batting his eyelashes. “You never had a boyfriend before, right. I really wonder why, you are pretty, hot, talented, y, etc, etc,… Like me.”

“Can you please go straight to the question? Enough with the self praise.” Kwang sun interrupted.

Edy glared at him but still proceeded to the question. “Most probably you have crushes, right? So among all the oh-so-hot Kpop guys out there, who catches your attention the most?”

“Oooooh! I so wanna hear this!” Kwang Sun exclaimed excitedly.

Hana pondered for a bit, there are a lot of considerable guys out there. Honestly, she find a lot of Korean guys handsome. There is Hyun Bin, Song Joong ki, Won Bin, Song Seung Hun, Daniel Henney, Dennis Oh, Kwon Sang Woo and a lot more but Edy is specific with saying that it should come from the Kpop world. Considering that, she would say…

“ Wait! Jonghon oppa is your friend and Leeteuk oppa is your cousin so they are out of the list, okay? You can’t choose them because that is playing safe in my dictionary.” Edy reminded before she can even answer ‘Jonghoon’. Did he just read her thoughts? Oh well honestly though, the one who catched her attention lately is …