Rain-Soaked Warmth

Language Barriers

 

It really couldn’t wait.

At least, Amy was making it really hard to. The face that she had addressed him as oppa made him feel warm and fuzzy and almost as if they were dating, but he had held it back. He felt that the way they were currently was enough for him and he didn’t want to rush things.

But boy did he want to rush into things right now.

He clenched his hands and tried to ignore the sight of Amy’s soaked clothes sticking to her body. Her hair was messed up and clinging to her face. She had shielded her makeup, but the running from the sudden pouring rain that struck had only caused her to get wetter.  

Was Texas always this crazy with its weather? Jonghyun sighed.

“Sorry, it looks like we’ll have to go.” Amy said sadly. “They always close the rides when it rains for a long time. Plus it looks like it won’t let up soon.”

Jonghyun nodded, understanding a good portion of what she was saying. They had ducked into a retail shop briefly, but it was starting to become crowded with other people running into the store. The retail employee looked exasperated at the floor that was becoming quickly dirty and wet.

The two were standing by the door, watching people scamper everywhere. A group of teenage girls ran into the store screeching, shoving past Amy. Amy stumbled and slipped slightly. Jonghyun steadied her by grabbing her waist. He pulled her to him to avoid the people shoving into the store, scowling at the girls.

He the sunglasses in his pocket, feeling uncomfortable with the amount of people surrounding him. Someone was bound to recognize him this close. He had taken them off because keeping the baseball cap low had worked well enough, but now he felt anxious.

He turned his head back toward Amy to see if she was ready to leave. His breath caught. Amy was watching him, pressed tightly to him. His arm was around her soft waist and her hands were hot against his chest. He could feel her heat seep through his clothing.

was parted slightly, wet from the rain. Jonghyun gently pushed back the wet strands from her face. Amy’s lashes fluttered at his touch, her cheeks turning red. Jonghyun felt a rush go through him as he looked into her eyes. Her eyes seemed to be begging something, pulling Jonghyun in.

Kiss me.

Jonghyun felt himself grow hot, a delightful chill running down his spine. Their faces were so close. When had they gotten this close? Amy’s hands slid up Jonghyun’s chest, wrapping around his neck. Her fingers tangled themselves in the hair underneath his cap. Jonghyun took it off and Amy ran her fingers through his hair, curling small bits of it. With every lock she curled, Jonghyun felt himself being twisted tighter around her little finger. Soon he wouldn’t be able to escape. But did he even want to? He let out a soft groan and held Amy a little tighter. Amy bit her lip and Jonghyun’s eyes fixed on them, completely forgetting where they were and what they were doing.

Usually, holding each other in such a tight embrace would be something that Jonghyun would never have done, much less been able to, in front of some many people. Texas was slightly more lax about PDA, but they were still getting glances. The group of teenagers was watching them while rolling their eyes before one gasped, recognizing Jonghyun.

“Oh my god! It’s that guy from SHINee!” She screeched. Jonghyun quickly snapped back to reality. He whipped his head toward the girl. She stared at him, mouth agape. He shoved the cap back on, letting go of Amy.

“Crap! Time to run!” Jonghyun said quickly to Amy. He grabbed Amy’s hand and darted out into the rain. They ran quickly, ignoring the puddles and out the gate, not bothering to get a stamp. They reached Amy’s car and quickly hopped inside, drenched. The silence in the car was almost deafening. All that could be heard was the sound of their heavy breathing.

Amy the car and pulled out of the parking lot. They drove in silence, both caught up in their own thoughts and what just happened. The tension was extremely thick.

The silence continued all the way into Amy’s apartment. Jonghyun stared at Amy’s back as she removed her shoes. She walked into her bedroom and handed Jonghyun some clothes to change into that belonged to Cassie’s brother. She didn’t look at him. He stepped into the bathroom to change as Amy closed the bedroom door to do the same.  He stepped out once he had finished, his mind made up to address the heat between them. Her back was facing him, shivering as she put away cups. He stepped smoothly and wrapped his arms around her. He nuzzled his face into her neck and moved her soaking hair to the side.

“Cold?” He whispered.

“Yeah.” She said quietly, letting out a soft breath. She twisted in Jonghyun’s arms, facing him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him tightly. She nuzzled her face into his chest. She felt a sense of relief at his warmth.

She had called him Oppa earlier to distract him from thinking about her kiss and it had worked temporarily. But the rain had done magical things to cause Jonghyun to look even more attractive than before. And the way he looked at her and pulled her closer made her shiver down to her toes. She liked him. A lot. The fact that he might like her too was overwhelming, but he had said nothing to her. But now she realized that he just couldn’t find the right words. Jonghyun’s embrace just made all of her doubt melt away.

“You’re warm.” She said quietly, blushing.

Jonghyun chuckled softly and stared at the ceiling. He prayed for the patience not to kiss this girl clinging to him. He felt that if he did, he may never be able to stop. His heart might burst. He searched in his head for the right words to talk about what happened back at Six Flags, but no translation seemed to fit. The phone translator wouldn’t even help this time. This wasn’t a matter of a language barrier; the words just wouldn’t come out.

I like you. I want to hold you. I want to kiss you.

The freedom that Jonghyun had to say these words was limited. He had to consider the fans and the fact that he would leave soon. His heart sunk at the thought. He really shouldn’t be getting involved like this.

Jonghyun’s grip on Amy slackened and Amy looked up at him curiously. She could see him trying to work this out. She bit her lip. She knew what he was thinking about. They had forgotten it, being swept up in the mood. He was a famous idol. It was extremely complicated. Amy didn’t want to think of it. She wanted to enjoy it while it lasted.

So she would just have to simplify things for him.

Amy lifted a hand to Jonghyun’s cheek and turned his head toward her. He looked at her, eyes wide. She smiled before leaning in and kissing him sweetly. Jonghyun froze, his mind chaotic. Amy titled her head, wrapping her arms around Jonghyun’s neck and Jonghyun’s mind suddenly became quiet. He melted into Amy’s kiss, holding her close.

If only he could hold her like that forever.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow, so it's been like almost 2 years since I last updated this. I lost inspiration, honestly. But Jonghyun's new solo has brought back the fangirl in me and so I cranked this one out. Sorry it took so long.

Hope you enjoy.<3

(This pic is small this time but it fits so well lol)