Chapter 1/3; Sane

"Breaking Point"

Chapter 1/3; Sane


  "I'll buy it for you!" Hana giggled, linking her arms with Vera's.
        "Are you sure? I'll just-" Vera was cut off by Hana's twitching fingers, clutching her sleeve. She followed her best friend's gaze, eyes widening.

Suho- Class five. Fourth year.

        The sunbae took out one of his earphones and eyed the two girls, blinking tiredly. He sipped more of his coffee and trudged past them.
        "Wahh. He's so cute-"
        "Stay away from him Hana. He's dangerous." Vera warned sternly.
        "How?"
        "He just is. Just stay away, okay?" Vera paused, pursing her lips "never mind. I thought you were going to buy me coffee!"


        "How was school dongsaeng?" Tao grinned at his younger sister, taking her violin from her. He set it in the backseat, waiting for her answer.
        "Good. My new classmates are nice. Kind of happy we moved." Hana smiled, snatching the pack of yogurt from her brother.
        "Oh! And can you drop me off at Vera's?" Tao's sibling added, poking a straw into the baby yellow jug.
        "Sure."


        "Any crushes?" Vera asked Hana casually, unaware that her (Hana's) brother was eavesdropping. 
        "Yeah. Suho." She persisted, zipping up her violin case.
        "I told you to stay away from-"
        "Ready to go?" Tao barged in, a fake grin plastered on his face.
        "Sure." Hana mimicked, playfully poking her instrument at him.


        "I can't believe I let you talk me into this Hana." Tao Oppa poked his face mask, the skin underneath smooth to his touch.
        "Well it's not my fault mom died." Hana said matter of factly, re-adjusting the cucumbers.
        "Never said it was." Tao grumbled.
        "...I love you Oppa." Hana said suddenly, her brother touched at the comment.
        "Love you too dongsaeng."
-
        "Thanks for the chocolates. Meet me at the school's rooftop at ten. -Suho" Hana squealed, reading her phone's screen. She smiled triumphantly at her wallpaper, a picture of Tao and herself sticking their tongues out at the camera.


        "What is this?" Hana shrieked, cornered on the balcony, her crush (Suho) disappearing into the background. Lay and Chen took his place from the dark, moonlight shining in their dilated pupils. Swiftly yet painfully, the two did their work.
        "You getting this?" Chen beckoned over reappeared Suho, Hana's crush now present with a camcorder at hand. The red light was on, indicating; record.
        Lay tied squirming Hana down, binding her wrists. She flailed frantically around, sobbing into the duct tape. Chen punched her stomach, continuing until Lay signaled for his turn. Lay picked up a piece of wood, smacking splinters into Hana's cheek. She was exhausted with panic, her body flushed though now rawly pink.
        "We're done with you for today." Suho closed the shutter, putting an arm around each of his boys. Chen and Lay waved at the abused girl, her screams muffled.

A figure watched from afar, aware of the situation. And even so, the witness let thy self melt into the moonlight. Silence emerging from their pursed lips.
-
        "Are you going to sing?" Tao rolled his eyes at Kai, almost walking out the karaoke room.
        "Uh...yeah." Jongin replied, unmoving from his seat.
        "I have to get to my sister, sorry-" Tao's phone rang, ironically. Giving him an excuse to retreat from the awkward moment. Two old timers, one business man, one police chief, out for karaoke...Yeah.
        "Huang Zitao?" The other line asked "Guardian of Hana Huang?"
        "Yes. That's me. Who's calling?"
        "Please come to Seoul Campus Hospital."
-
        "What happened?" Tao asked his sister calmly, holding in the rage he wanted to reveal.
        "I don't want to talk about it." His sister croaked, wincing when she tried to push her door close. Hana's body was blood dried and bruised, her wounds reopening when they had just left the hospital.
        "You have to tell me. Sooner or later, eventually. Even if tomorrow Hana."
        "Tomorrow." She repeated, collapsing into her bed.


        "School?" The older asked his younger, handing her a pack of mango chips.
        "I skipped with Vera." Hana answered blandly, chewing loudly. She swallowed and gave her brother a I-don't-want-to-talk-about-it look, and Tao backed off.
        "You'll tell me if something is wrong right?" Tao chewed his lips nervously, noticing she never did say what happened that night from the hospital.
        "Of course Oppa."
        Tao pursed his lips and drove onto the highway, taking in the three boys faces that glowered past him.

 

What'd you think? Comments :3

(Didn't like it? :( You like Kai better don't you (: )