A glimpse of you

It's because I miss you

 

My alarm went off. It was 5:30 a.m. My daily routine  is to wake up, shower, put on some make up, dress myself appropriately, go downstairs, cook some breakfast, drink coffee and go to work. I work in a café as a barista and it’s a decent job.

“Welcome to Café Veritas, may I take your order?”

“I’ll have the regular,”

“That’ll be 5,000 won,”

The customer paid as I give him back his change. He’s Gwak Min Jun, the famous ulzzang. He looks amazing in person too. He’s my regular customer.

Days passed, the same routine went on. However on June 24, I heard that BEAST was going to do a mini commercial shoot in the nearby Chicken Barbeque branch.

It’s been awhile since I saw them as a whole, since middle school that is. I gathered all my will power and decided to drop by. My word, there were a lot of middle school girls, high school girls and even middle aged women. I looked around, trying to squeeze myself into the crowd. Minutes later, I hear a massive scream from a fan, yelling that the boys were coming. I was not near, nor far from where they were dropped. The first person I saw was Jang Hyunseung. He seemed different, a little bit tamed. But I know he’s the same 4D person that I knew back then. The next person was Yong JunHyung. He still looked cool, calm and reserved. I shook my head as I saw GiKwang and Yoseob, arms linked together. These guys were giving their fans a show. GiKwang looked well and so did the cute puppy Yoseob. My heart started to beat faster. I was gradually sweating and time, to me, started to pass by slower. Dongwoon then stepped out the van, smiling and holding his head high. He looks more mature now. And last, I couldn’t even bring myself to say his name. He seemed happy, content if I may. His smile, his eyes were all the same. I observed him. He raised his right hand and gave a wave. He smirked and skimmed through through the crowd, as if he were looking for someone. One in a million chances, our eyes met. My heart seemed as if it were about to burst out. His chocolate brown eyes, looked at me, his facial expression changed. However, it seemed as if he didn’t recognize him. A tear escaped my eye. I took a deep breath and turned around, leaving the crowd.

“It’s okay, at least I saw a glimpse of him,” I smiled and walked home.