Chapter 2

You Are Miserable No More

The sound of my alarm echoing around my apartment forced me to open my eyes and get out of bed, so I could get ready for walk. With a groan I made my way to the bathroom so I could take a shower. Turning on the water, I looked to my right, and froze. There, in the mirror...my reflection. I slowly stood up, and reluctantly made my way closer to the mirror. I had blood staining my face; my face was all ripped up. Cut up in the most horrific way. I had dirt covering my clothes, also stained with blood. My blood. I had bite marks on my arms and long, deep scratches on my legs. My eyes widen in panic and terror. What the is happening?! I twirled around and let out a blood-curdling scream, backing up closer against the mirror. Blocking the door way was a man...well, no, I don't know what he was. A monster of some kind, a deformed beast. He was holding a knife that was dripping with blood, and had an evil smirk plastered on his face. He took a step closer, and I scrambled onto the bathroom vanity. An evil laugh emerged from his cruel lips as he made his way closer towards me, raising his knife ever so slightly. I didn't know what else to do, he had me trapped. He was inching closer with every passing second, my heart beating faster and faster. Suddenly, he is right in front of me, faces inches from mine. I held my breath in fear, and his smile only grew. Grabbing my hair and pulling me back down towards the tiled floor, he raised his weapon high into the air, and struck down with all his strength. My screams echoed throughout my apartment, going unheard. Because I was alone, and I always will be.