Chapter 1

You Are Miserable No More

I shot up, panting hard, sweat glistening my forehead. A groan escaped my lips as I slumped back down onto my bed. Another bad dream. This happens far too often. Every night, to be precise. No matter what I do, or how hard I try, I cannot get rid of these nightmares. And believe me, I have tried everything. From therapy to the drugs; NOTHING WORKS. So many times, I have thought about giving up. Just ending it all. These nightmares, they cause me so much emotional pain, I just can't handle it like I used to. And that shows, with the numerous amount of scars that lie on my wrists. I sigh as I squeeze my eyes shut, praying that I will be taken from this suffering. A lone tear falls down my right cheek as I slowly drift back into my deep slumber...

5 hours later, I awoke in a more calmer manner. It was 10:00am, Saturday morning. I sighed as I got myself out of bed, and walked into the kitchen. I had my mind set on one thing right now; food. I found some leftover meat from last night, and the last few slices of bread. Lucky. I set to work making my sandwich, growing more ravenous as time ticks on. I sit down at the table, sandwich in hand, think as to what I should do today. I haven't been for a walk in a while. Maybe I should go to the park or something... I thought to myself, taking the last few bites of my sandwich. I nodded my head in approval, and walked back into my room to get changed.

It doesn't take long to get to the park from my apartment, only about 15 minutes or so. I gazed upon my surroundings as I approached my destination, listening to For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica on the way. I smiled, I haven't been outdoors in a while. It's my own paranoia that keeps my in, I wish it wouldn't. I wish I could just go back to the old me, but I can't. I let out a frustrated sigh as I sit on one of the swings, not knowing what to do. I have no one, no one to talk to about my problems. Like that would help, anyway. No one to care for me, no one to call 'friend'. All of those seemed to have left me years ago. And it seems that since then, I lack in the area of social skills. I'm just plain...awkward. I shook my head, disgusted at myself, as I looked over to the park bench. There I saw 3 men, chatting to each other intently. They were all quite cute, they definitely stand out in a crowd. Their hair helps them on that factor. The first guys hair, it was all right. Just black with red on one side. The next had his hair spiked up at the back, with a side fringe covering one eye. And the last...wow. Hair on one side, none on the other. The most accurate way of describing it. With a casual braid on the no-hair side. Even though it was pretty ridiculous, it looked quite cool on him. He pulls it off. I smiled to myself as I watched them for a bit longer, before realising that if the decided to look my way, I would probably look like a total creep, so I got up and left.