Chapter 3

You Are Miserable No More

"ARRGH!" I jumped up from my bed, and fell to my floor. I curled into a ball, and burst into uncontrollable sobs. Hugging my legs to my chest, I gently rocked back and forth. "It was just a dream. It was just a dream. It was just a dream." These words I kept repeating to myself over and over again, trying to convince me so. I just wish these dreams would stop, I'm sick of the darkness plaguing my mind. Once my breathing had returned to normal, I managed to pull myself together, and climb back into bed. I looked at my clock; 4:37am. I let out a tired sigh and lay back down, praying that I can go into a dreamless sleep.

*BEEP BEEP* My alarm echoed through my apartment once more. Barely opening my eyes, I turned it off and scuffled into the bathroom. I really needed to pee. As I was washing my hands, my nightmare that I had previously came back to me...the mirror. I held my breath, and looked up. Nothing; just me. No blood, no cuts, and no creepy man. Or whatever he was. I breathed a sigh of relief and walked out. I didn't feel like going to work today, I was too worn out from last night. I'll just call in sick or something, I'm sure they won't miss me anyway. Besides, I had other plans. The park seems pretty inviting on a day like this...Quickly getting changed, I grabbed my phone and camera and left. Texting my boss as I turned the corner, I smiled as I had reached the park yet again. I sat on the swing like I had my previous visit, and waited. For those men to show up. I don't know why I wanted them to show, I just wanted to see them again. Their hair...amuses me. Especially the guy with the hair on one, none on the other. With the exception of that braid, of course. I took out my camera and started taking pictures while I waited. I love photography, it is one of the few things that still make me happy in this world. I just love how you can capture a moment in all its glory. For example a leaf floating away in the breeze, or the tumbling waves on the sand. It is beautiful. The scenery in front of me was beautiful. Through my camera lens, I spotted a man in the distance. I smiled; it was him. The one with the braid in his hair. I followed him with my camera as he sat on a park bench, oblivious as to who was watching over him at this very moment. *click* I snapped a photo. It was a side shot, he was looking over at some trees. He was alone today, I wondered why. He looked a bit lost in thought from what I could see in the photo. Now don't call me a stalker, I'm not. It's like I said, I like to capture things in all their glory and beauty. And he is...beautiful. I took a few more shots, and got up. Time to leave I thought to myself, putting my camera back in my pocket. I briefly stood there staring at him for a moment longer, before my feet decided to move again. The mystery man never once left my thoughts.