Chapter 1

Love in Paris

 

 

Choi Minho was on a business trip with his father, yet again. The only difference this time was that he was going to Paris, the City of Love. He rolled his eyes at the thought. Who would ever pick such a stupid place for a highly important business meeting? Minho didn’t hate Paris or anything. He just didn’t like love.

Love, the main reason he shut himself off two years ago. The reason why he stopped having friends. And also the reason why his life is now dedicated to taking over his father’s business.

“Calling for flight A72616, please board at Gate 5.” He sighed, another boring 12 hours wasted on a plane. He carried his faithful briefcase as he walked behind his father as they boarded the plane.

 

Krystal Jung was on one of her spontaneous trips, yet again. The only difference this time was that she was going to Paris, the City of Love. She grinned at the thought. After saving up for a year, Krystal could finally visit the place she’d always dreamed of since she was a little girl. And, she hoped, she could finally open her heart again to love.

“Calling for flight A72616, please board at Gate 5.” She quickly put on her backpack and dragged her fully-utilized luggage bag as she lined up to board the plane.

 

 

Minho put his bag under the first-class seat in front of him. It was too important to be kept in those overhead compartments. Everything, from contracts to projects, was stored in his laptop. He couldn’t afford to lose it. His father took a seat beside him and buckled his seatbelt.

“Looking forward to Paris, son?” He smiled. His father was a happy old man who simply loved doing business. He never forced Minho to take over the business, in fact he was planning to sell it until Minho decided to major in it.

Minho replied with a grunt. He never looked forward to travelling. It’s always sitting on the plane, staying at the hotel, attend a business meeting and back on the plane again. But he never told his father that, of course, or his father will simply insist that he stays at home. Minho wanted to learn, so that he could be better but he didn’t know that learning could be this tiring.

His father chuckled. “I see you enthusiasm. Okay, here’s a deal. You stay for two days of the business meeting and then you can go around and visit.”

“How is that a deal, dad?” He rolled his eyes at the grinning man.

“It’s my deal. That’s how you make business, son.” His father tried to joke. “So how’s that?”

Minho simply sighed and shook his head at his father’s attempt of a business deal. He wondered how his father got the company to where it is today.

 

 

Krystal sat comfortably in her coach seat. She never cared about the type of seats she sat in. True, she has been in first-class before. True, she can afford it. But nothing beats an adventurous trip by sitting in coach and staring out the window as the plane takes off.

She swallowed her saliva as she felt pressure in her ears. 12 hours. How is she going to spend it? She took out one of her favourite romance novels in which the story also took place in Paris, coincidentally, and wondered whether she could meet her love there.

 

Krystal woke up when she felt the plane shaking. Probably running into a snowstorm? She suddenly felt like using the lavatory. She closed her book that she left open when she slept and slowly got up, giving an apologetic look to the man beside her, who didn’t seem too keen to let her pass.

She sighed as she walked down the path to the lavatory. It seems like its occupied. Oh well, Krystal has got nothing but time. I mean, what else can she do on a plane? So she just stood there and waited. And waited. Jesus, when will that person come out?

“Miss, I’m so sorry. This lavatory cannot be used. We had… some plumbing issues.” A stewardess told her after seeing her impatient face. Uh-oh.

“So I can’t go to the toilet?” Krystal asked.

“Well, if you really need to go, I guess you have to use the one in first-class.” The lady informed.

“Is it alright?”

“I guess we have no choice.” She chuckled as she led the way.

 

“Oof!” Krystal bumped into a stranger as she walked out of the lavatory. She guessed that he was going to open the door as well. “I’m so sorry.” She said in Korean out of habit as she bowed. “Uhh, I’m sorry.” She said again, in English.

“Ah, it’s okay.” The man replied in Korean as well. Oh, fancy that, bumping into a handsome Korean stranger on a plane to Paris, ha ha. Krystal smiled faintly as he coldly glanced at her and went into the lavatory. Way to go on hospitality.

She slowly walked back to her seat to find the man beside her sleeping. She quietly stepped over his legs and let out a breath when she succeeded. She sat down again and went back to her book.

 

 


A slightly different poster from the main one. I made this first but then as I changed the background, the second turned out better kekeke.

I know this is a writing contest but nobody says that you can't have fun!

So have fun reading more Minstal goodness!