Day 3 - Love song? Break up song?

It's Just For Show

 

Seohyun's POV

My heart skipped a beat when I received the text. I was unsure of what to think. This was my way out. It could just end here and I could go back to living my normal life.

 

This is what you wanted, right?

 

As much as I supposedly wanted it, I hesitated. When I searched my mind for a break-up song, I couldn’t think of any. I tried listening to a couple on my ipod touch but it hurt. My fingers kept flipping the phone open and close it immediately after. I felt a sting in my chest as I imagined and thought of “what ifs.”

 

Why…there’s no way…

 

The sudden pull on the wrist turned me around and I landed in his arms. He held me tightly. This hug was very different from his other hugs. I felt my heart rate beating faster as his grip around me tightened.

--

“What did you do to me?” The image of him laughing at his own question, confused, himself.

--

Holding up a teddy bear in front of his face, I remembered asking, “Look oppa, isn’t it cute?” and he smiled and replied, “It looks like you.”

--

Tending my wound, he threatened me, “Are you going to let me do it or do I have to tie you up?” He actually cared enough to go out of his way to tend my wound.

--

The time when we had chocolate chip waffles with strawberry and kiwi topped with chocolate syrup. We became close that day.

 

No. No. No. It’s not suppose to happen like this. This is my way out. Come on, Seohyun. Get your act together.

 

I shook my head, trying to recollect myself. Why is It so hard for me? This is only a show. The one show I did not want to be on. Everything is just for show. So, why can’t I back out of it now? This is my chance…so why am I hesitating on taking it?

 

You like him.

 

The thought of my conscience talking to me snapped me back to reality. No. There’s no way. Remember, that it’s just for show?

 

Then do it. The song is right there. It’ll be fine, back to the way it was before.

 

I looked down at my phone. The song was right there. I heard my heart thump, again and again. Holding the phone tightly in my hands, I ran my thumb over the enter button.

 

This is it…

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

It was in the midst of practice when I heard my phone alert me with a text message. When I read the message, my heart stopped for a brief millisecond.

 

What the hell…I thought they stopped doing this…

 

Before I could think too much about the text, I was called back for another rehearsal. Putting my phone back down, I went to attend my schedules for the afternoon. However, the text bothered me throughout.

The way things were left off yesterday wasn’t exactly the way I wanted things to be left off.

I was mad. I was definitely cold to her, in which I felt really bad. Then I just left it at that due to the stupid schedules that I had to attend.

We didn’t text each other last night. It was an awkward ending. I wasn’t even sure what I did yesterday. We ended up arguing, and we didn’t even get to talk through it. I just introduced her to Infinite without even resolving our own issues. Nothing was resolved yesterday…

How is she even taking this?

 

You could just end it…

 

I felt a sharp pain on my chest as the thought appeared. I tried reasoning with myself. I could just end it. I mean, being a celebrity takes a toll already, right?

 

But you like her…

 

Did I just think that? No. Hell no. I’m too busy right now to think about other trivial things. The only reason I’m a part of this is because of the TV show, not to actually have this be a matchmaker ordeal.

 

“Hey.”

 

Maybe a break up song would be best.

 

“Hello?”

 

I mean, why drag it out, right?

 

“helloooo??”

 

I won’t regret it, right?

 

“YAH!”

I snapped out of my thoughts to find all the members looking at me.

“Huh? Did you say something?” I asked, somewhat dazed still.

“What’s wrong with you? Did something happen with Seohyun?” Sungyeol asked.

“No. Nothing happened.” I mumbled.

“So how is it going? Are you guys doing anything today?” Sunggyu asked.

“We’re busy today right? I don’t think I can really do anything with her today. I mean, we’ll be done late, right? Thus, I can’t do anything.” I could tell that I was rambling but I couldn’t even get my own thoughts straight. The members looked at me strangely before I walked away from the group to my dressing room. Having them around made me feel even more nervous.

I wondered what she was doing. What was she thinking?

 

“Hey, you okay?” A voice cautiously asked as Hoya made his appearance into the room.

 

Why am I feeling resistant?

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I answered quickly, still in deep thought.

“Dude. What’s up? There’s no way you’re fine. You’ve been bothered by something all day today.” He said as he took his seat.

I kept flipping my phone open and closing it soon after. “Would you do it?” I asked.

“Do what?” Hoya questioned, confused.

“Set a break up song to end this show for good. Set a love song to keep this going until the end of 7 days.” I explained. I really wasn’t sure anymore. I was mentally exhausted.

I kept checking the time, and it was now 1:45.

 

His next question shook me, “Well, do you like her?”

Although I kept trying to deny it, there was a sharp pain in my chest every time I told myself I don’t like her, that I wanted this to end.

 

My mind kept flashing back to yesterday's scene. It was an unexplainable action when I pulled her back into my arms yesterday. After she got into her car, I stood there clueless. What did I just do?

 

“It seems like you already chose your song. Are you sure about this?” He asked again, bringing me out of my flashback series.

I looked down at the phone. The song was right there.

 

No one’s POV.

 

It was minutes away from the deadline. After much contemplation, Seohyun finally chose her ringtone.

 

I tried, right? She thought.

 

L had some hard decision making to do. It was a hard decision but he finally came down to it, especially after talking it out with Hoya.

 

Here goes nothing. He thought.

 

Tick tock. 3. Tick tock. 2. Tick tock. 1.

It was now 2pm.

Ringtones have been set. Now, who will call first?

 

...

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

Both sides were silent, neither of them wanting to call first. In the end, Seohyun swallowed her pride and finally picked up the phone and speed-dialed him.

 

I don’t know anymore…

 

Her heart raced like none other. It was her final thought before the ringtone came on.

 

Ringtone that Myungsoo set on his phone: [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81vvB_UlM0c ]

 

Sesange sorijilleo, I love you

To the world I shout out “I love you”

 

Neol saranghandago, Naui yeojaga doe-eotallago

I love you, Be my girl.

 

Nunbusyeo, Always you’re my star

Dazzling and shining, always you’re my star

 

Naega neol jik’yeochurke

I’ll protect you

 

She wasn’t sure what to think.

 

No way…

 

Her mind was telling her, it’s all for show, but her heart was racing like there’s no tomorrow.

 

On the other hand, now it was Myungsoo’s turn. He swallowed hard before he speed dialed and placed the phone to his ear.

 

Ringtone that Seohyun set on her phone [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF15C8c-6KA ]

 

malhago shippeo

I want to tell you

 

oh, oh, oh, oh, oppareol saranghae

oh, oh, oh, oh, I love you, oppa

 

ah, ah, ah, ah, manni manni hae

ah, ah, ah, ah, I do so so much

 

A smile sneakily curled upon his lips until it was literally plastered onto his face. He started to chuckle as the ringtone eventually led to a voicemail.

 

It was a relief to him. There was a small sense of insecurity still nailed to the back of his mind but she had chosen to stay with him, which was all he wanted. He fell back on the couch and his whole body, which was tense at first, just relaxed.

 

The person next to him, helping him out earlier, Hoya just chuckled. He assumed that the ringtone had a love song because that was the biggest smile he ever saw on L's face. With that being over with, Hoya took his exit out of the room, leaving Myungsoo alone.

 

With all the excitement he could barely hold, L dialed a number.

 

“Hello?”

“Hey, looks like we’re staying together…”

She laughed nervously, “Looks like it.” There was a long awkward pause.

 

L knew that she was feeling a little insecure. She’s obviously different from others. He actually worried that she would take this chance to end it. Normally, he wouldn’t have to worry if it was any other girl. Being with her, was like sitting at the edge of your seat, wondering what will happen next. Nothing came easy and it was definitely new.

 

“Hey…it’ll be okay.” He reassured her before asking her out, “Are you busy tonight?”

Again, there was a pause before she answered, “No, but…”

“Make time.” He interrupted. “I want to show you something.”

 


Eek, this is exciting. Wonder what he has in store for her  :D

 

Okie, I have finally updated. THANK YOU so much for your patience!!! You guys are the best.

 

COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE. VOTE(?)

Hee :) Thank you!!