Meet Again

It Means We're Meant to be

I leaned my chin on my palm. I was in the club now. I wanted to stop my job as a cheater. Kimbum was working in front of me. As a bartender he made the drink and served it to the customers in front of him. Of course, I’m not his customer. One fact, that I can’t drink alcohol. And I don’t like to drink it.

“Are you sure you want to stop your lovely job?” he asked. His hand kept moving to make some drink. Sometimes he showed me his skill like a professional bartender when they make drink.

“Yeah…,” I said lazily.

“But, what about your debt? You can’t earn 4 millions won in a month, right?”

“Of course, I can’t. Eottokae, Kimbum ah?”

“I don’t know either. By the way, did you write the value of money that Mr. Kim gave to you as a debt too?” he asked. I just nodded. “Aish…you’re just making it difficult to yourself. He won’t ask you to give back his money.”

“I know I just feel like I’m carrying a big burden in my shoulder when I did it. I cheated to them and I took money from them. Aren’t I meant?”

“Um…kind of, but you’re not really mean. Your victims all are rich people, right? You know, sometimes rich person need to share his wealth with poor like us,” he said and laugh. I just shook my head and laugh along with him.

Tonight the club was crowded like usual. Kimbum was so busy actually, but he always gave me his time just to listen to my problem. He really is a good friend ever.

“Hey, you can work here,” he said.

“Here? In this club? Kimbum ah, the payment is not enough, you know that.”

“It’s just for temporary. While you look for another job, you can help me here as a waitress. I can tell my boss. I’m sure he’ll let you to work here.” I thought about it. Yeah, maybe he’s right. At least I’ll get money from this club and help my father. It is better than I cheat to some guys here.

“I’ll think about it,” I said. But Kimbum didn’t respond me. His gaze was straight forward. He stopped his work.

“~~~~~~ ah, isn’t that Kim Jaejoong?” he asked me.

I didn’t understand and just looking at his direction. Omo, he’s right, that was Kim Jaejoong! But, what was he doing here? Was he going to ask his money back? I was full of bad thought that time. Jaejoong was walking toward me. Kimbum was looking at me with fear in his eyes.

Now Jaejoong was standing in front of me. He still wore his uniform, I mean his work suit. I was just blinking. “I want to talk to you for a while,” he said. Without waiting for my answer he pulled my arm to a quieter corner.

“What…what do you want?” I stuttered.

“I just want to make sure if you’re really didn’t have our picture that time,” he said.

“Yes, I don’t have it. Didn’t you delete it from my camera by yourself?” I asked bit calm.

He moved forward and our face getting closer. “I just want to make it sure. I didn’t want my image ruins in front of my relations or my workers. I gave you that money, so don’t try to cheat on me. You get it?”

“Yes, I know,” I said in low voice. He let go of me and walk away leaving the club.

I walked back to my seat. Kimbum looked worried as I took my seat. “What did he said?” he asked.

I shook my head. “He just wanted to make something clear. Kimbum ah, I think I’ll accept your offer. I want to work here with you. Please, help me to talk to your boss.”

Kimbum smiled as he listened to me. He nodded quickly.
***
(Third person’s POV)
Jaejoong speed off to Hyojoo’s house. He wanted to explain anything to her. He didn’t want to end everything now. He still loves her. He bought flower before went to her house, pink roses, Hyojoo’s favorite flower.

As he arrived there, he walked and hid the flowers behind his back. He took a deep breath, put a smile and pressed the bell. A minute later, Hyojoo opened the door, she was in her pajama. As she saw that it was Jaejoong, she tried to close the door again, but Jaejoong arrest her.

“What do you want Kim Jaejoong?” she asked coldly.

“Hyojoo ah, please listen to me. I can explain everything,” he said.

“Explain? Jaejoong ah, I heard it with my own ears. She called you ‘baby’? So it is the reason why you never have time for me?” she asked. Tears started to flow.

“Jagiya, listen…I don’t know her. She suddenly came to my office and….”

“DO YOU THINK I’M STUPID?” she shouted. “I’m not that stupid, Jaejoong. How could someone that you didn’t know come to your office and even she can meet you that easily. Does she come to your office often?”

“NO! That was the first time. I swear!”

“I hate you Kim Jaejoong! I hate you!” she said then ran to her house. Jaejoong stood in his place. He didn’t want them to break up. He left the flowers in the table and walked to his car.

“I tried to explain to you, but you didn’t believe me,” he mumbled and speeded off.
(End of POV)
***