The Knot

The Promise

He knew he couldn't hide it for long and that Ryeowook would asked him sooner or later. It had been a month since Ryeowook's grandmother's sudden death and Ryeowook was still trying to get over it. However, he wasn't crying. ( irony, he does, but not in front of s, he didnt want them to be worried, esp Yesung, Ryeowook knew that Yesung was hurting deep inside everytime, tears ran down his face. )

" Hand it over...NOW " Ryeowook's voice was threatening yet soft.

Yesung just couldn't go against Ryeowook now. He heard and saw the hidden anger in the sentence. He sighed and took out a piece of paper from his wallet and hand it over to Ryeowook. It was the paper that Ryeowook's grandmother held when she passed away -- Letter to my Ryeowook.

Ryeowook took the piece of paper and slot it in his pocket, turning away from Yesung before being grabbed by him.

" Ryeowook.."

" Hmm...? " Ryeowook answer w/o looking back.

" I am here... Dont handle it yourself.."

Yesung's words are simple yet touching. Ryeowook couldn't help but broke into a smile and tears overflowing. He turned around and stared at Yesung, before running into his arms. Yesung led Ryeowook into the bedroom and asked him to go to his bed, while he made an excuse to the washroom.

Yesung stared at the mirror in front of him. he knew he was going to face any break down soon. He couldn't stand to see, Ryeowook in tears again. Those sadness within Ryeowook. Why does he have to gone through all this? How Yesung wished, he could take all of Ryeowook's pain and agony. He didnt want the boy to carry such a burden. It was painful for someone to leave and too much for parents to abandon him.

A sudden scream stopped his chain of thought and he realised immediately, it was Donghae. He ran out of the washroom, only to be stopped by a crowd outside Ryeowook's bedroom.

Yesung felt his heart skipped abit when he heard Donghae saying " Ryeowook, come down, please. "

He squeezed his way through the anxious and drivingly crazy crowd, only to see Donghae and Sungmin trying to get Ryeowook to come down from the window plane. 

" KIM RYEOWOOK! GET DOWN HERE NOW" Yesung screamed, as he start to regret on making an excuse to the washroom, leaving Ryeowook alone in the bedroom.

Ryeowook ignored his hyungs and sat on the window plane, calling out to his grandmother and started sobbing.

" Please, my dearest ryeowook... get down from there, it's dangerous.. " Leetuek pleaded.

" Hyung.. " Ryeowook started.

" Yeah? " all the members said in unison.

" Hyung.. do you know that umma and appa actually threw me away when i was at the age of 4? Granny found me sleeping on the street.. she didnt even know me at that time and treated me like i am her grandchild. she got in contact with my parents, but they nv showed up. all along, i thght it was their business which stopped them from meeting me. but it turns out to be, i am being thrown away by them.. my biological parents threw me away.. all these years, my not-blood-related granny took care of me.. i thght.. i thght.. i..i... hyung.. i feel so weird.. i feel i am nothing... i dont want to burden hyungs.. i might as well... " Ryeowook chocked on his words as the tears flowed down his cheecks and he tored the paper in front of him .

" Ryeowook... can you please come down here and we will have a talk? If Granny was here, she wouldn't want you to be like this. " Heechul spoke up, choosing his words carefully, considering his straightforwardness might hurt Ryeowook.

" My dearest Ryeowook, please." Donghae pleaded with tears in his eyes.

"Ryeowook.. I am here, right?" Yesung said and slowly moving towards the crying Ryeowook.

" STAY AWAY! "

" why.... i thought we made a promise? we will not leave each other, right?"

" I .. I.. "

" come here... my boy.. come"

" NOOO."

"KIM RYEOWOOK"

" YESUNG HYUNG!"

" I DONT GET WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS WHEN YOU HAVE US!!!!! WHY!!!! I HATE SEEING YOU LIKE THIS! I HATED IT! HOW I WISHED I COULD TAKE THE PAIN FROM YOU! I CANT! I CANT EVEN COMFORT YOU! I .. I.. " 

" ....." 

" Ryeowook , please... for me... get down from there.. "

" I've got no reason to live.."

" You have us.. your hyungs, and me.. isit that a prefect reason?"

Ryeowook cried harder and bend forward. He didnt want to reason out anymore, he didnt want to see Yesung crying. He wanted to just jump off and be gone. His heart was numbed. He couldn't feel any pain at all. He didnt understand human life at all. Everything was in a total mess to him. He covered his eyes with his hands and pulled his hair. 

Upon seeing Ryeowook not focusing, Sungmin immediately pulled Ryeowook in and locked the window, before Ryeowook even realised,. He slapped Ryeowook right in his face , hugged him and said with tears in his eyes, " one more time, you do this, i am not your hyung anymore! " , he passed Ryeowook to Yesung and leave the room with the rest, who heaved a sign of relief.

Down the corridor, both of them could hear others crying.. Ryeowook felt weaker and fell downwards, but before he reached the ground, Yesung pulled him to a hug. They nv spoke, but the hug was filled with love, anger, sadness, guilt, happiness.