Chapter 7

The Special Someone

 

"You're quite on time today… been skiving from work?" Hyung Jun teased Young Saeng as he arrived. 

"Not exactly. But I've been watching my time more carefully these days"

"Been making time to date Yun Hye?"

 

His guess was confirmed when he heard a sigh from Young Saeng as he took a seat.
The late night message from him last night surprised him as his buddy rarely texted.

 

"Out with it… what's wrong?" Hyung Jun said after they had their orders taken.

"Hyung Jun ah, Yun Hye's not married, right?" Young Saeng asked, straight to the point.

"Mwoh? Where did you get that idea from? You've met Minho already?"

"Minho?"

"The little boy..."

"Is that her son? He was calling her Omma"

"That's her nephew. She hasn't told you about it? That girl…"

"Nephew? So the other guy was her brother? Actually, it was me who didn't give her a chance to…"

"What other guy? Must be that mal Jungmin... her cousin. Oh my gosh how did it get so complicated…"

 

Hyung Jun listened as Young Saeng confessed about what happened the night before.

He was glad to know that his matchmaking was showing some results but had not turned
out the way he expected. He hadn't expected Yun Hye to be that insecure about letting
Young Saeng know about Minho.

 

"Yah… you walked away from her?!"

"I didn't know how else to react… what should I do now?"

"Go and think about it yourself. I'll dig more holes in your face if you hurt her again in any way"

 

---

 

I'm sorry about last night. Can we meet?

 

Young Saeng trashed the message after countless amendments and buried his face into the pillow.
He had indeed misunderstood her. And made things worst by ignoring her calls.

 

For once he wished she was persistent like how the other girls were, flooding his phone with texts whenever he didn't pick up.

 

Flashback

"Minho lost both his parents in an accident when he was just one. Yun Hye has been
blaming herself over it because her brother was on the way to attend her performance.
She quit the orchestra and never performed again"

"And she has been taking care of him alone? How about her parents?"

"She's afraid they'd be reminded of Yunho hyung"

End of Flashback

 

Young Saeng's POV
Will she still want to see me now?

 

---

 

"Omma! Will Hyung Jun ahjussi be coming later to attend my sports day?"

"If he's not busy with work I guess. Just give your best later, arasso?"

"De! I want to bring a medal home for Omma!"

"Let's go"

"Omma, my water bottle..." The little boy said as he checked his bag before leaving the house.

"Mianhae, I forgot about it. I'll get it"  Yun Hye rushed into the kitchen, feeling guilty for her recent absent-mindedness.

 

Three days since Young Saeng ignored her calls, she had been trying to convince
herself that it was alright since they've barely started. 

But finding the postcard which he sent while in Venice in the mailbox made all the heartbreak she was
feeling even more unbearable — she finally accepted that she did feel for him, but maybe it was too late.

 

"Omma, can you give ahjussi a call? The three legged race is coming up soon"

"The both of us can do it together"

"But they'll all be playing with their Omma and Appa…"

"Minho ah, Hyung Jun ahjussi is busy with work. Let's work hard together, ok?"

 

Seeing the disappointment on Minho's face, Yun Hye couldn't help but feel as upset as he was.
She hugged the kid tight and led him towards the side of the field where the rest of the families were getting ready.

 

"Didn't you say your Appa's coming?" A boy walked towards Minho with a smirk on his face.

"He said he will come!"

"Minho ah…" Yun Hye looked at him in shock as he raised his voice at the classmate who was poking fun at him.

"Do you really have a father?"

 

She never thought that he'd be the subject of humiliation in class and had never seen
this side of him — lying in defense for himself.

 

"My Appa's busy at work. He'll come… he promised to"

"You're going to lose. Your Appa doesn't love you"

 

She was at a loss when the boy broke free from her grasp suddenly and began tussling
with the classmate who wouldn't stop the teasing, until a figure arrived and separated the
kids with the help of the other boy's parent who had come forward.

 

"Mianhae Minho, Appa's late..."

 

..............................................................................................................................................................................................