Flirting on the Dance Floor

They Walk Among Us Collection

(a/n: So ironically, pretty much as soon as I put the poll up, I got ideas for Kai as a human and an MC.  Go figure.  The human vote won out so that's what getting posted first, but I'll be working on an MC one too shortly just because I couldn't resist.  hehe  I hope you enjoy and please look forward to the next one.  ^_^)

 

                Stuck underground with the basic amenities and facilities available for the general use of everyone present, there were a few inescapable truths that Henry, Yesung and Luna had come across in their time there.  The chapel was likely the only place you were going to have any amount of quiet and/or privacy; the recreation hall would never be truly empty; you were pretty much always watched no matter where you went – with a few exceptions; and if you wanted entertainment outside the norm, such as the game hall, you went to the vehicle bay.

                The other thing they learned was that the latter option was generally by invite only.  Everyone knew that Jonghyun liked to play the guitar, Amber was an accomplished freestyle rapper and that Youngbae was generally the resident dancer.  A fair few people had their own opinions on the matter but anyone with musical leanings was encouraged to finagle themselves in, if only because the current staff always liked new bloods.  Either to show off in front of them or to actually enjoy the rush of a challenge, it didn’t matter.

                Due to the fact that Henry was closer to both Jonghyun and Amber, the former of which he was allowed to play his guitar and the latter of which he had a crush on, he was the first of their number to experience the music scene in the vehicle hold.  Truth be told, when he came back from a night of dancing, it looked almost as if he’d been playing basketball with the guys again in the rec hall.

                “What happened to you?” Yesung snorted when he noticed his younger companion slinking into the civilian sleeping hall well after regular hours.

                Henry held his finger to his lips and grinned with boyish delight.  “It was so cool, Yesung,” he laughed, scrounging through the shallow drawers next to his bed for a change of clothes while he looked over at Luna who stirred in her sleep.

                “What was?” the elder asked, sitting up in bed to scratch his head in blank wonder.

                “You’d never know it on the outside but some of these people can really dance,” he chuckled, pausing to regard his friend while he stood beside his bed.  “Have you ever seen Youngbae actually move?”

                “Well yes.  He does that on a regular basis,” Yesung responded sarcastically.

                “Feh,” Henry waved at him with his hand, wincing when the sound seemed to be last thing Luna needed to come to consciousness.

                “Hmm…  Is that you Henry?” she murmured in a sleep burred voice, sitting up with a mild case of bed hair as several strands clung to one side of her head, sticking out haphazardly.

                “Neh.  Just got back from dancing,” he told her, edging close so that she’d hear him without having to raise his voice.  “You’d have loved it, Luna,” he grinned, exuberant smile bright in the dimly lit hall.

                “I bet they’ve got nothing on me,” Yesung grinned with a thumb pointing at his chest.

                “No one has anything on you, Yesung,” Luna murmured reactively, still waking up.

                “I’m hurt!” he gasped, pretending as if she’d actually struck him down as he fell upon the bed.

                Henry and Luna looked at him with amused smiles before the elder of the two added, “You should come next time.  I think you’d really like it,” he promised, patting her lightly on the shoulder.

                “Yeah?  Who hosts it?  And is the music pretty good?” she inquired, rubbing her eyes to focus better.

                “Youngbae does and they’ve got a portable stereo with decent quality.  If that’s down, you can find someone to improvise for you,” he assured her with a confident nod.  “I didn’t see her tonight but supposedly Hyoyeon shows up on occasion and I did see that younger fellow…  What was his name?” he murmured, trying to remember.  “I can see his face perfectly.  You know.  He works with Bae and Seungri in the vehicle bay.”

                Both Luna and Yesung shook their heads in obvious confusion.  “There are a lot of guys that work in the vehicle bay that we don’t often see,” Yesung reminded him.

                “Eh,” Henry groaned, waving his hand dismissively.  “You’d know him if you saw him.  I think his name started with a K.  Maybe…”

                “It’s alright, Henry,” Luna assured him, patting her hair down self-consciously before she waved him off.  “You’ll think of it later but for now I think you need that shower.”

                Henry looked down at his soaked person in chagrin and nodded.  “Right.  Seriously though.  You’re coming with me next time,” he promised her, pointing his index finger in her direction before he retreated to the bathing room nearby.

                “What do you think, Yesung?” Luna asked with her hands resting on top of the covers in her lap.

                “I still think I’d beat everybody,” he nodded once confidently.

                “Ugh.  Hopeless,” she groaned, falling back into her pillow and throwing the covers over her head.

                “I would!” Yesung retorted, muttering quietly under his breath before he settled back in place as well, letting sleep claim him swiftly.

                When Henry didn’t even mention his excursions from the night before the following morning, Luna thought nothing of it as the trio went about their daily lives.  They tried to stay distracted, interacting with the resident magical creatures as much as possible and continued to maintain a steady eye on any possible sightings that might lead to additional clues.

                “Hey!  What about this one?” Luna asked, pointing at the laptop which showed a strange article online.  “’Mass bouts of narcolepsy have authorities and doctors alike scratching their heads with no explanation forthcoming.’”

                “Sounds like someone should figure out why and patent it for people with insomnia,” Yesung laughed, giving Henry’s shoulder a shove.

                “I don’t have insomnia, though it’s not a bad idea if it’s something that can be packaged,” he agreed with a shrug.

                “Come on guys!” Luna urged, glaring at both of her companions as they leaned over her shoulder in the cargo room.  It was their designated place for studying since the only ones that might bother them there were the magical creatures themselves.

                “Sounds like some sort of sandman,” Key commented, emerging from his abode to check in on them.  “Maybe a sleep sprite,” he frowned, lip curling up in distaste.  “Annoying little things,” he explained when they looked at him questionably.

                “So it might be something then,” she pushed again, looking at the basilisk for confirmation.

                “Possibly,” he nodded in curt agreement.

                “Oh!  Why don’t you let the Captain know?” Henry asked of Yesung who looked at him like he’d grown a second head.

                “Why should I have to tell Mr. Stoic?” he grumbled, clearly not happy with the idea.

                “Because I did last time and she’s the one that found it this time,” Henry explained succinctly, giving their older companion a cheeky grin.

                “Oh, I hate you sometimes,” Yesung grumbled, standing up slowly and muttering all the while under his breath.  “Fine.  Fine.  But if he eats me, it’s your fault.”

                “He won’t eat you,” Luna rolled her eyes, scrolling further.

                “Not a chance,” Henry agreed, leaning closer so that he was practically hovering over Luna’s shoulder.  “So there’s another get together tomorrow night and you’re coming with me,” he winked, clasping her other shoulder in his hand.

                “Eh?  For what?” Luna asked in blatant confusion, looking at Henry and then Key who seemed rather mystified by her reaction.

                “For dancing.  Remember?” he asked, laughing lightly.

                “Not really,” she shook her head, wondering if she’d just missed something or if she was being distracted.

                “Don’t worry.  I’ll remind you,” he assured her with an easy grin, pointing at another line in the article, drawing her attention back to the task at hand.

                Sufficiently distracted, the rather enticing thought of dancing managed to be pushed to the back of her mind in lieu of actual work.  After Yesung returned with Sungmin in tow, the trio had a chance to explain their findings, with Key playing intermediary, and the Captain thought it might be a good lead after all.  The rest of their afternoon was lost in scrounging for possible info on the creatures that Key figured it could be so it wasn’t until the next day that Luna was rather abruptly reminded of Henry’s words earlier.

                “Hey!  Wasn’t there something going on tonight?” she asked, scratching her head in puzzlement as the four, since Donghae had deigned to join them this time, made their way back to the sleeping halls after dinner.

                “Good job, Luna,” Henry chuckled, ruffling her hair in a friendly gesture to her annoyance.

                “Eh?  What did she do well?” Yesung asked, having missed that part of the conversation the other day.

                “We’re going to check out Youngbae’s get together tonight,” Henry explained, drawing interest from his brother too.

                “Yeah?  What’s he hosting?” the artist asked, leaning forward slightly to peer around Yesung who looked just a bit annoyed he’d been excluded.

                “A music and dance extravaganza!” Henry grinned, rubbing the back of his head in mild embarrassment when the title seemed a bit too grand, even for him.  “More or less,” he amended, giving Donghae a brief run down as they made it back, rifling through his drawers for a suitable change of clothes.  “You’ll want something you can move in,” he reminded Luna.

                She just gave him a look over her shoulder and rolled her eyes.  “Give me some credit, would you?” she grumbled.  “I’ve been dancing almost as long as you have.”

                “Yeah well,” he laughed and took his shirt off, replacing it with a sleeveless tee instead.

                “We’re coming too,” Yesung finally announced, making no effort to change into anything else as he glanced at Donghae.  At their perplexed looks, he shrugged, “Like we can’t just come to appreciate the music?” he asked nonchalantly.

                Luna and Henry shrugged but didn’t say anything else as they finished getting ready.  As a group, the four made their way to the vehicle bay and with Henry leading the charge they got past the gate guard with no trouble.  The sound of music already playing greeted the group as they made their way into the lively bay with Youngbae spotting them almost immediately.

                “Henry!” he grinned, jogging over to them with a quick appraising glance at the rest of his guests.  “I see you brought us some newbies,” the shorter male nodded, head tilted to the side as he obviously tried to figure what the others were going to be doing.

                “Neh,” Henry agreed quickly, gesturing at the others quickly.  “Luna’s dancing tonight and they’re just watching.”

                “Ah!  Great,” the mohawked male laughed, clapping Luna on the shoulder.  “Welcome to the club.  Can’t wait to see what you can do.”

                “Eh… thanks?” she smiled shyly, dragging her attention back to Youngbae, having been completely distracted by another dancer in their midst already.  Tall, confident, with full lips pulled into an easy half-smirk, the slightly familiar male was dominating the ring as the music thrummed through the air.  Dark brown hair in messy spikes decorated his head, bangs threatening to dip into his coffee colored eyes while he danced.

                Their host turned to see what had captured her attention and laughed, “He’s at it again.  That’d be Kai,” he grinned, jerking in surprise when Henry clapped once.

                “That’s his name!” he exclaimed, turning to Luna with a nod at the other male.  “He’s the one I was trying to tell you about the other night.”

                “He’s good,” Yesung agreed with a begrudging nod.

                “I had no idea he could move like that,” Donghae nodded to himself, watching as he wound down.

                “Yep!  Now let’s get you guys over and into the mix, shall we?” Youngbae gestured, throwing his arms around Luna and Henry’s shoulders, guiding them to the circle.

                Nervous about what to expect, Luna just watched the first couple people, listening in on the improvised raps and grinning when the dancers got up and moved about.  There were a couple people playing the guitar and they all endured cheer and good-natured taunts alike, including Henry who took to the floor when there was a lull, showing off his own dancing skills.  Luna hid a smile behind her hand when her friend got tripped up trying to show off for Amber, at least that was her best guess, but he recovered decently well and finished strong.

                Still laughing at himself, Henry approached the hesitant Luna and grabbed her by the shoulders, “Alright!  Your turn!” he explained, giving her a gentle shove into the center as she received encouraging cheers all around.

                Feeling her ears grow warm, she looked around the circle, biting her lip nervously as she tried to figure out how to start.  Seungri, who was manning the stereo system, nearly gave her a heart attack when he put on something far too slow…  “Pabo,” Youngbae grumbled, giving the younger male a shove on his shoulder.  “Give her something she can actually dance to.”

                “Aish!  I’m going.  I’m going!” he chuckled, skipping through the tracks for something more freestyle dance appropriate.

                Hearing the new beat, Luna relaxed almost immediately and grinned at the easy to work with tune, absorbing the pacing for a couple seconds before she launched into a simple routine at first.  Still getting used to being in the spotlight again, she nearly smacked herself in the face with her ponytail, laughing at the close call, but her steps didn’t falter.  Sharp turns paired with concise steps and gentle leaps had her feeling good and the crowd reacting well.

                Warming up to her subject, she added a few body rolls and some well-timed hip pops that drew more than a couple appreciative looks.  On one series of turns, she caught sight of her group enjoying the show with Yesung giving some sort of self-important commentary to Donghae but she also noticed, among others, a very admiring look from Kai, who seemed about ready to join in with her… or against her.  She couldn’t say but she managed to hold his gaze for a fraction longer than she would have, her smile widening when he noticed, and threw herself into the last bit, finishing strong in an improvised routine that showed off her fluidity and flexibility when she ended with a rather spectacular whole body gyration followed by a full split.

                “Not bad!” Youngbae was the first to congratulate, clapping as he entered the ring and nodded his head appreciatively while she grinned so hard her cheeks hurt and retreated to the safety of her group, feeling flushed but exuberant.  “And there we have our newest addition, Luna!” he gestured at the short dancer, giving her a moment of limelight again before he recaptured the crowd’s attention.

                “Hey Luna,” Donghae called, tugging on her shirt sleeve to catch her focus.

                “Neh?” she breathed, still panting to catch her breath.

                “Yesung here thinks you’ve got an admirer,” he chuckled, nodding at the elder male who was stuck between excited and disgruntled.

                “Or a stalker,” he muttered instead, letting his eyes focus on someone else across the ring.  Luna peered around to see who he was talking about and felt her cheeks flush again when she noticed it was none other than Kai.

                “Oh come on now,” Donghae laughed, shoving Yesung in the shoulder lightly.  “He wasn’t staring that hard,” he reminded him pointedly.  “And our little Luna had everyone’s attention anyway,” he shook his head, giving her a quiet round of applause.  “Including yours.”

                Yesung opened and closed his mouth for some sort of suitable response but nothing clever came to his rescue.  “Of course I was watching her!  She was performing!” he gestured emphatically, waving at his shorter companion without looking away from Donghae.

                “Luna!” Henry called, grabbing her by the elbow and pulling her over to where the energetic tension was beginning to rise again.  “Come on.  You don’t want to miss this.”

                “What’s going on?” she asked, watching as two people, Amber and Seungri, got into the center of the circle, grinning at each other competitively.

                “The first part’s all about showing what you’ve got.  Now we get to the matches, if you’re so inclined,” he winked, pointing at the current pair.  “They’re rapping to see who can come up with the better riffs on the fly.  Sometimes they give up on competition and synch whatever their talent is but I think these two are going to be rivals for now,” he chuckled, slinging his arm about her shoulder.

                Raptly, Luna watched and listened as the duo took turns, her focus riveted on them until they finally wound down with the crowd deciding who the winner was.  She couldn’t help but laugh when it was deemed Amber as the victor by a slight margin and when she let her gaze sweep the crowd to see the other reactions, she noticed Kai looking away hurriedly.  Tilting her head to the side, she blinked and gave him a tentative smile when his focus swung back her direction.

                Kai gave her a smile in return and nodded slightly at the ring in silent inquiry.  Her eyes grew large in her face and she pointed at herself in confusion to be sure she understood him correctly.  Those full lips pulled into a broader grin and he nodded in confirmation, shrugging his shoulders good naturedly.

                “Henry!” she hissed at her companion, tugging on the hand that was still over her shoulder.

                “Huh?” he chirped, glancing down at her.

                “I think Kai wants me to dance against him,” she murmured, looking back at the other male uncertainly, nervous about the prospect.  She didn’t do a lot of dancing with other people so much, except for in classes when she was still training, but that was something else entirely.

                “Well.  Why don’t you?” he asked, looking up at the younger dancer with an even nod.

                “Eh…”

                “I can dance against you first if you’d like?” he offered with a mischievous grin.

                “Henry,” she grumbled, nudging him in the ribs with her elbow as some of the tension drained out of her when Youngbae took to the floor with Hyoyeon.  “Oh!” she gasped, focus disrupted entirely when she watched the pair start to move.

                “Nice!” Henry grinned, hugging Luna closer as he watched with the rest, cheering when they started off competing and then ended up synching their dancing skills together in what had to have been at least decently practiced choreography.  No one was that good on the fly, but there was no question their number deserved every bit of praise it got.

                As the duo moved off the floor amidst cheers and applause, Kai took to the center with quiet confidence and Luna felt her heart race when he just looked at her as a slow relative silence descended while the crowd waited to see who would be joining him.  “Henry…” she whispered, looking around nervously when others followed Kai’s gaze towards her.

                “It’s up to you, Luna,” he chuckled.  “Go or don’t.  It’s your choice.”

                “But…”

                “But if you ask me…” he started to say with an impish smile before he gave her a quick push into the ring.  “I’d say go for it.”

                “Yah!” Luna yelped, stumbling into the center floor with Kai grinning all the while.  Her entrance was met with amused laughter and cheering encouragement.  “Well then,” she laughed once, brushing herself off self-consciously while she wandered closer to her… competition.

                “You ready?” he winked, nodding at Seungri to start the music up.

                Since he’d called the ‘challenge’, Kai started dancing first, showing off more of the moves that had caught Luna’s eye in the beginning.  He had an astounding amount of energy, the skill to back up his confidence and a wicked quantity of charisma that practically lived and breathed as he danced.  Luna actually had to shake herself from her near-stupor when he paused to wait for her counter, looking at her expectantly.

                With briefly set in a concentrating thin line, she launched into a sequence that was similar to what Kai had showcased.  Complete with the strong, sharp movements that had dominated his performance, she managed a chest pop she couldn’t help but smile at, earning grins all around and let her style devolve into something Kai would be hard pressed to follow: y and sensual.

                Had she been doing anything outside of the performing ring, likely she’d have fallen to the floor in embarrassment already but her body moved almost effortlessly; fluid gyrations of her torso and arms distracted the eyes while her lower body swayed to the beat of the music, hips jutting out distinctly.  Still performing, she locked gazes with Kai and blew him a flirty kiss, earning the pair a raucous cheer and several wolf whistles.  Unable to keep the façade up, Luna finished her segment and covered with both hands, laughing as she hurried back.

                “Nice,” Kai nodded, stepping in again, knowing he couldn’t match her style, but that wasn’t to say he couldn’t manage his own spin on things.  Giving her a flirtatious wink in return, he practically floated over the floor, dancing her way with a smoldering gaze, relying on style and poise as opposed to fancy flare and eye catching movements.

                Appreciatively entranced, Luna gasped when he snagged her hand and pulled her onto the floor with him, reacting accordingly as he led her into a quick twirl when he raised his hand allowing her to spin under it.  He kept his grip with her and gently tugged her back, relying on her responsiveness as she half-danced, half-stumbled into his arms, his free hand catching her about the side to steady her.

                “Well then,” she giggled, raising her eyes to meet his as quirked into a thoughtful smile.  If that was how he wanted to play it…  Raising her brow, she pushed herself away, smiling all the while as she sauntered backwards, one finger wagging in front of her playfully.

                Matching her steps to the beat, she danced away from Kai while he followed after, trying everything he could to reclaim her attention.  Obviously, it wasn’t a competition anymore; at least not a dance off one at any rate.  Absorbed in the music and the charm of her dancing partner, the voices of their spectators sort of just faded into the background, there but little more than easily discarded distractions.

                Kai worked himself close enough to capture her hand again, inviting her back to him which she coyly avoided, keeping their distance at arm’s length.  A half-second behind, she mirrored his moves and retreated when he moved closer, allowing herself to be cornered against the circle of people behind her, still playing the target.  He smirked in triumph which turned to surprise when she placed her left hand against his chest and pushed, hard enough to make him take a step back.

                Using her momentum, she grinned up at him and turned the tables with a saucy rhythmic runway walk that accentuated the curves of her hips, driving him back to the middle of their ring before she paused to look up at him expectantly.  Grinning like an idiot, Kai laughed at himself and nodded, grabbing the hand still resting on his chest so that he could push her back to arm’s length and proceed to lead her in the dance again, keeping their connection firm as they mirrored each other beautifully in a complementing dance pattern as opposed to competitive.

                They both sensed the music coming to a close and drifted closer as a result, gazes locked with matching grins lighting up their faces.  Kai guided her into another spin that turned into several under his lifted arm, which she pulled off admirably, until the music abruptly stopped and he purposefully pulled her towards him.  Caught by surprise, she tried to recover from the upset but ended up practically falling into his chest, her right hand still held captive in Kai’s while her left clung to his shoulder for support as she stared up at him, their faces startlingly close together.

                “Sorry,” he laughed with an unrepentant smile on his face as his other hand held her against him with his palm resting on her lower back.

                Breathless from their exchange and his proximity, Luna couldn’t exactly find a good response so she just smiled, blinking in surprise when Youngbae interrupted them.  “Well then!” he clapped, stepping to join them in the center.  “Let’s hear it for Kai and Luna!” he called, gesturing around the circle for more applause and wolf-whistles.

                Aware of the sight they made, the duo looked around and abruptly pushed away from each other, maintaining a modicum of distance as they both flushed, still smiling brightly.  Holding hands, the pair bowed, exchanging final glances with smiles that turned shy before they retreated to their respective groups.

                “Damn Luna!” Henry grinned, throwing an arm around her shoulder and laughing excitedly.  “Leave it to you to go and show everybody up,” he nodded enthusiastically.

                “Good job, Luna,” Donghae congratulated, clapping her on the shoulder in congratulations.

                “Aish.  We can’t take you anywhere, can we?” Yesung shook his head and snorted, relenting enough to give her an encouraging smile.  “I still say that last move of his was cheap though.”

                “That was so much fun!” she breathed, ignoring his last comment as she placed a hand upon her chest to feel her still racing heartbeat beneath.  “Is it always like this?” she asked, directing her question to Henry.

                “Eh…  Not usually,” he admitted with a grin, glancing back at Youngbae and Seungri who were speaking animatedly with a beaming Kai.  “I think your performance has rather disrupted everything for the moment,” he chuckled in bemusement.

                “Oops,” she gasped, feeling her cheeks heat up again when she noticed Kai glancing her way.

                “He keeps looking at you,” Yesung grumbled, eyeing the other dancer warily.

                “Ah, lighten up,” Donghae laughed with a shake of his head.  “You can’t deny they didn’t work well together on the floor,” he gestured towards the ring they’d just left.

                “Alright!  Alright!” Youngbae called, snagging everyone’s attention again.  Somehow, he managed to redirect the gathering back to the more regular performances, ending after only a couple more rounds, none of which included dancing.

                “Looks like it’s winding down,” Henry nodded, glancing at his phone with a surprised expression.  “And it’s getting late.  We should probably get going too.”

                “Oh?  Ayah!” Yesung frowned at his own phone and then nodded in agreement.

                “After midnight,” Donghae mused.  “No wonder you’ve been so sleepy lately,” he pointed at his younger brother in a gentle teasing manner.

                “Hey!  I’ve been fine, thank you,” he responded, pausing to check on Luna who was quiet but bright eyed and still smiling.  “You doing alright over there?” he asked, poking her in the arm.

                “Huh?  Oh!” she laughed, coming back to the present.  “I’m great,” she grinned, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze.  “When’s the next-”

                Her question was interrupted when she felt someone snag her other hand gently, halting her in her tracks.  “Luna?” the masculine voice called behind her, sending her heart racing again.

                Turning to confirm that it was indeed Kai, Luna managed a shy smile, “Neh?”

                “Thanks for the dance,” he rushed out, obviously nervous under his confident mask.

                “Oh!  No.  Thank you,” she responded quickly with a shake of her head.  “I had a good time.”

                “Me too,” he laughed, glancing down as he rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand.

                She looked at him curiously, uncertain as to what to say or do next.  “Just ask her already!” Seungri shouted, earning him a glare from the startled Kai.

                Glancing between the two, Luna inquired softly, “Ask me what?”

                “Erm…” Kai mumbled, taking a breath and focusing his attention on her again.  “Wouldyoudancewithmeagainthenexttime?” he mumbled in one long stream of words that all ran together in his nervousness.

                Luna giggled after the few seconds it took to piece together what he’d said.  Chirping in agreement, she beamed and nodded once, hyper aware of them still holding hands.

                Kai exhaled in obvious relief and laughed, partially hiding his mouth behind his other hand.  “Good.  I’m glad,” he admitted, lifting her right hand slightly as he bent over to brush his lips against the back of it gently, regaining a measure of his suave composure.  Luna bit the corner of her lip shyly and felt as if she might catch fire if she blushed any harder.  “Until next time, Luna,” he winked, letting her hand go to offer her a polite wave instead.

                “N-neh,” she laughed, bowing with her hands clasped in front of her tightly.  She laughed when Kai turned to walk away but found himself tripping over his own feet, earning a few jeers from Youngbae and Seungri.

                “Hey!” he complained, glancing over his shoulder at Luna in mild embarrassment.  “I meant to do that, thank you,” he waved them off, taking one final glance at his dancing partner before she was practically dragged out the door with her group, still grinning and blushing like a fool.

                “See!?  I told you we can’t take you anywhere,” Yesung snorted, ruffling her hair and messing up the top of her smoothed down ponytail.

                The doors opened in front of them and her group filed through.  Luna couldn’t resist one final peek back as she tended to her mussed hair.  She wasn’t entirely surprised to notice that Kai was still looking her way and she gave him one more shy wave before the doors slid closed behind her, blocking him from sight.  It was going to be nearly impossible to sleep tonight but after that… maybe she’d at least have good dreams.  Quietly, she squealed to herself and skipped along after her group, grabbing Henry’s arm tightly as she started to babble to him in excitement.

                Yep.  She was definitely going to be coming back again.

 

(a/n: In retrospect, it's also fairly tricky (for me) to describe succinctly a dance between two people without trying to get too technical and without being too vague.  Hmm...  Me thinks I need more practice.  >.>)