Chapter 4 : Aside

Pushing Key Away

A/N: I'm so bored with my life right now.. >,< With nothing left to do, I decided to update. I hope you like it. :]

 
 
 
A week had passed.
 
 
An empty seat in the dining table.
 
 
Extra food every meal.
 
 
Unopened bottles of energy drink in the fridge.
 
 
Game controller left untouched.
 
 
Sport Channel forgotten.
 
 
Minho's presence in the dorm became lesser. It was almost as if he wasn't living there.
 
 
He would leave early in the morning to have breakfast with Yuri. He would come back just in time to sleep at night, clearly exhausted for his dormates to bother.
 
 
No one questioned him. As if he'll answer. No one stopped him. As if he'll comply.
 
 
Without Minho around, Key was like a lifless creature. That is, what Jonghyun said.
 
 
No more nagging could be heard. No more bickering could be witnessed. Onew, Jonghyun and Taemin should be happy with that but they were not. Although it was what they wanted ever since the beginning, its too strangely peaceful.
 
 
They noticed Key's feelings for Minho. However, they agreed with each other not to in and just watch from the sidelines on how his relationship with Minho would blossom. 
 
 
But how they regretted not doing something when they had the chance to. Minho was now with Yuri. Key was hurt. 
 
 
The two of them were drifting apart not just from each other but also from the three of them.
 
 
 
They were sitting in the living room, thinking on what was happening.
 
 
"How did it come down to this?" Taemin broke the silence surrounding them.
 
"Ever since Minho and Yuri happened." Jonghyun replied.
 
"But neither Minho nor Yuri said that they are dating." Taemin pointed out.
 
"Taemin. Isn't it damn obvious? They've been hanging out too much lately to label them 'just friends'. Actions speak louder than words." Jonghyun said, slighly shouting.
 
"Jonghyun, keep it down. Key's here." Onew scolded.
 
"Hyung, he's here physically but mentally he's not. He's there in Minho's room, spacing out and sometimes weeping like Minho's dead or something." Jonghyun answered back.
 
"We should take him out. He needs to go out and not imprison himself here." Taemin suggested.
 
"What do you say about having an expensive dinner tonight?" Onew asked.
 
"Like you have money. It is Key who always pays for our expensive dinner together." Jonghyun reminded Onew.
 
"It's a good idea. Key really likes eating at expensive restaurants. He said relaxes and pleasures him." Taemin agreed.
 
"Sad or not. Key really takes a toll on my wallet. Fine, let's go to the cheapest possible expensive restaurant. If that's even possible." Jonghyun compalined but then complied.
 
"I'm going to tell Key. You guys go dress up." Onew said while getting up from the couch.
 
 
 
                                                                                                                              
 
 
 
The ride to the cheapest possible expensive restaurant was silent. But still, they were relieve to see that Key is a little excited.
 
 
 
Not long after, they arrived to the restaurant which Jonghyun found out to be the cheapest as possible around the area.
 
 
As they enter the restaurant, it couldn't be helped that they recieved attention. Its not everyday that four handsome men would walk in an expensive restaurant. 
 
 
Especially with the clothes they were wearing. Credits to Key who nagged about their clothing before going and choosed the suitable and 'fashionable' outfits for them. 
 
 
They suddenly regretted not being happy about Key not nagging but in some way they were glad that Key was slowly coming back to his old self. It might be a good night for them.
 
 
A blushing waitress attended to them. They couldn't help but smile to the waitress whose name was Sulli for she's just so cute. Key was the one who ordered since he's the one knows more about this kind of stuff.
 
 
"Jonghyun, the food be better good here than my cooking." Key said, sending a glare to him.
 
"Of course, it is. This wouldn't be an expensive restaurant if it isn't."
 
"Its been awhile since we went out to eat like this." Taemin felt nostalgic.
 
 
Jonghyun stepped on Taemin's foot. Taemin managed not to hissed in pain and sent a confused look to Jonghyun. 
 
 
Jonghyun looked at Taemin and darted his eyeballs to Key. Taemin finally got what Jonghyun said.
 
 
The last time they ate together in an expensive restaurant was during Minho's birthday last year. It was Key's treat.
 
 
"Uhm, Key?" Onew called..
 
 
Key faced Onew.
 
 
"Did you.." Onew started out.
 
 
Taemin and Jonghyun were worried on what Onew is about to say. After all, Onew says things at a very wrong time.
 
 
"not forget.." he continued.
 
"Not forget what?" Key questioned.
 
 
Taemin and Jonghyun silently prayed to the heavens above that Onew wouldn't ruin this night.
 
 
"Didyounotforgettoorderchicken?" Onew fastly asked and smiled expectantly.
 
'Seriously?' Jonghyun and Taemin thought at the same time.
 
 
Key just stared at him.
 
"Well, you know I love chicken right?" Onew asked again.
 
 
Key smiled.
 
 
"Of course, I know how much you love chicken. That's why I didn't order any." Key answered.
 
 
Onew's smile dropped. Jonghyun and Taemin laughed.
 
 
"Hyung, we're like in an expensive restaurant but you're still thinking about chicken." Jonghyun said while laughing.
 
"Some things never changed." Key stated and chuckled.
 
 
Onew's chicken obsession was not or not that funny at all but at least it made the atmosphere lighter for them.
 
 
And then, their food was served. Key really knew more about this stuff. The three hungrily looked at the food.
 
 
"You know, the utensils ain't gonna move by themselves." Key told them.
 
 
As if on cue they started pigging out. Key just laughed at them.
 
 
Through the meal, they talked about just anything. Just random stuff. And they were laughing and just having fun. Key turned back to his old almighty diva self.
 
 
They were even making fun of the other customers who were talking by making up conversations.
 
 
"Oh, that guy over there in black suit." Jonghyun pointed.
 
"Well, you know, being handsome is in my blood." Jonghyun said in a cocky voice with a wink matching the black suit guy's movement.
 
"Too bad not in your face." Taemin answered in a feminine voice, trying to imitate the lady in green dress sitting across the guy in black suit.
 
 
They laughed at Taemin's statement.
 
 
"Burn! Epic Tae. Just epic." Key said in between laughs.
 
"I know right." Onew agreed, still laughing.
 
 
Key suddenly stopped laughing.
 
 
The three guys wondered why and stopped laughing too. They followed Key's gaze and they found out why.
 
 
Who else would make Key's laugh drop?
 
 
 
Minho.
 
 
 
 
With Yuri.
 
 
 
 
Arms linked together.
 
 
 
They just entered the restaurant and was being guided to a private room.
 
 
They were happily talking and looked like a perfect couple in a drama.
 
 
'Just when I thought this night could get any better.' Jonghyun thought.
 
"Whoa! Look at the time. We should head home." Onew indicated.
 
"Yeah, we should. I'm really full and can't afford to laugh anymore." Taemin said.
 
Jonghyun signaled the waitress for their bill. The waitress came and handed him the bill. 
 
"Keep the change." Jonghyun told her while handing the payment.
 
"Thank you, Sir." Sulli bowed.
 
They stood up and left the restaurant.
 
 
                                                                                                                              
 
 
 
The ride back home was like the ride going to the restaurant. Silent. Key's happy expression just before that guy showed up with his girlfriend was long gone.
 
 
Its funny how one person could destroy such a good night.
 
 
 
They were back at the dorm. 
 
The three felt that their effort was wasted.
 
 
"Thank you, guys. I really appreciate what you did for me. I really had fun." Key told them, sensing their disappointment.
 
"Hyung.. Anything for you, hyung.." Taemin felt like crying.
 
Key hugged him.
 
Taemin couldn't help it. He cried.
 
"We don't want to see you hurt. It also hurts us." Jonghyun cried also.
 
"We're always here for you Key. If you can't take it anymore and feel like falling, we're here to catch you." Onew assured.
 
"Thank you so much. Who needs a boyfriend when I have three wonderful bestfriends." Key hugged all of them.
 
 
They know what he said was a lie. They couldn't make him completely happy. But Minho could.
 
 
They broke their hug and said their good nights before going to each other's room.
 
 
 
 
Key laid on his bed.
 
"In front of me now are two people who shine so much
 
And me who is acting poorly
 
Even if I try to scold such an idiot like myself
 
My heart, my heart still seems like it's after you~"
 
 
Key cried while singing himself to sleep.
 
 
 
                                                                                                                              
 
 
 
Key woke up the following morning feeling refreshed.
 
 
The dinner last night really helped him.
 
 
It knock some sense to him.
 
 
Minho was happy.
 
 
He was happy with Yuri.
 
 
And not with him.
 
 
Although he was sad, he was not angry at Yuri.
 
 
It was better to cry than be angry.
 
 
Because anger hurts others.
 
 
While tears silently flow through the soul and cleanses the heart.
 
 
After all the tears he had shed almost every night.
 
 
He decided.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was time for him to be happy too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: You, comment your thoughts/feelings. What do you think about this story so far?