Final

Listen to my Heart Beat

Jongup’s POV

Days have passed and Kyungsoo is still not being himself. He’s always dozing off, staring at the floor, being scolded by the teacher and most of all losing his appetite. I hate to see my bestfriend like that, it felt like half of my existence was slowly dying because of it. I like seeing hyung’s smile, his childish acts and well most of all his voice, Kyungsoo has a very nice voice.

When the lunch bell rung, Kyungsoo was the last one to stand up and leave. I only watched him walk away still his stare on the floors. I don’t know why but Daehyun was really being cold towards Kyungsoo, he’s always in a rush going home, their dates will either end up really early or sometimes Daehyun would reject Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is really pitiful right now.

He should talk to Daehyun hyung, tell him what’s inside him, ask him what’s wrong in their relationship, and shed some light in the darkness surrounding his mind. But who am I to say this to Kyungsoo, when I myself have a battle with my own self these days. Chanyeol hyung really stick to me as if we were glued together. Some girls had already confessed to him, but then all of them were rejected by the giant, and I don’t know why.

I walked out from the empty room and walked towards the direction Kyungsoo went. I followed him like a lost dog with a few meters between us. His head was hung low, he was dragging his feet and his back was curved and I was following him with my hands inside my pockets. Students were passing in our sides they seem to be dodging Kyungsoo, maybe it’s because his gloomy murky dark aura? Anyways, everyone knew that Kyungsoo was the son of the sun, I mean he’s always beaming light from his body, he’s always cheerful, giddy and laughing, but they realized that Kyungsoo’s shine died down.

Thing didn’t go well at the first time him and Daehyun hyung went out. Kyungsoo always nags about how he always finish his foods too quickly, or how messy he eats, or how --- well you got the point right? They always fought about Hyung’s health and food. Also people started murmuring about them, but as time pass by they all got used to it and couples who are like them started to act more publicly and because of that the school slowly changed, from murmuring to cheers and ‘goodlucks’.

Because of me dazing off, I lost Kyungsoo. I turned around in the middle of the crowd but due to my height, I couldn’t see him. I sighed for the nth time before going back to the classroom with my shoulders slumped. “If only I can help him …” I mumbled before hitting my forehead with the closed door of the classroom. “Ouch …” I muttered before rubbing my forehead.

Then all of a sudden, a large arm slung over my shoulders and nearly choked me to death. I grabbed the arm with my hands and forced myself to turn around and there I saw Chanyeol hyung grinning at me. “Oh h-hyung…” My words were jumbled since his hand is still around my neck, making it hard for me to breathe.

“Why are you here? Alone?” He asked, his eyes tracing my well being.

“I was following Kyungsoo, but I kinda lost him in the process.” I said, a bit embarrassed at my failed spy moves and things.

Chanyeol hyung slowly was nodding with his hand on his chin, scratching it a bit. “Ahh I think I saw him just a minute before I saw you, he’s with Daehyun .. hmmm but something’s off between the two, Daehyun was dragging a crying Kyungsoo.”

Oh … I guess Kyungsoo doesn’t need me anymore, I wish the two of them will get together again. I wish ---.

“Oh right.” Chanyeol hyung suddenly squeaked before pulling something or someone from his behind. After a series of tug-of-war, a girl stood there beside hyung. She’s really pretty, her hair looks so soft, she has a nice body and a very nice face, overall she’s perfect …. Perfect beside Chanyeol hyung. “Ahh ..?”

[[ Narrator’s POV ]]

“She’s Dara … my g-girlfriend…” Chanyeol confessed shyly, his face was all red while Dara, the girl that Chanyeol introduced to Jongup, just stood there laughing softly. “Aigoo, you forgot the noona part!” she flicked Chanyeol’s forehead which made the boy pout and whine. The couple seems to be enjoying the small couple fight they were doing but on the other hand, Jongup was just smiling there, froze from his spot. “A-ahhh .. I see, Noona is really pretty.” He said slowly, it’s the fact, Dara IS really good looking.

“Aigoo, thanks Jongup-ssi, you’re cute too!” She grinned before patting Jongup’s head with her tender hands. Chanyeol laughed softly before doing the same, earning the youngest of the three to have two hands patting his head. “I know right, Jongup here is the cutest guy I’ve ever saw, he’s even cuter than Kyungsoo.” Jongup’s eyes widened from the compliment. He just let out a defeated smile.

“Ahh would you like to come with us Jongup-ssi, we’re going to the canteen for some lunch.” Dara asked the flustered male, Chanyeol nodded about the idea, he wants to spend his lunch time with the two most important people in his life besides his parents, his girlfriend Dara and his best friend Jongup.

Jongup bit his lips really hard forcing a smile on his face. “I’m okay hyung, I … have to do something, and the atmosphere will surely change if I barge in your lunch date.” He smiled before letting out a small laugh. “Eh? It’s really okay for us, and I can’t really feel that ‘romantic’ feel because this Chanyeol isn’t manly enough to be romantic.” Dara joked which made the person she was talking about pout.

“Yah, I’m romantic in my own way!” He retorted but Dara just ignored it. “Are you sure you don’t want to come with us?” She asked once again.

Jongup smiled before nodding his head. “I’m really okay noona, if Chanyeol hyung doesn’t treat you better, I’ll be here waiting for you!” Jongup went along with the joke which made Dara laugh. “Arasso, I like you more than Chanyeol, you’re cuter than he!” She laughed.

“Yah! That’s it, Jongup we’re not friends anymore!” He whined. Jongup knows that it’s just a joke, a simple joke between two friends, but it still left a very unbearable pain inside Jongup’s heart. He accepted the fact that they can’t be together as a couple, all that’s left is their connection as friends, but will things now change especially that Chanyeol has a girlfriend now? I have to distance myself more.

“Fine~” He played around which made Chanyeol gasp in shock. “Guppie!!” He whined, shouted, flailed his hands but Jongup just flick his forehead. “Go now, lunch is about to end, Dara noona it’s really nice meeting you, I hope that you can endure Chanyeol hyung’s craziness!” He smiled, a smile that hides the true pain deep inside his heart.

“Arasso, it’s really nice meeting you too Jongup-ssi, I’ll borrow this whiny baby for a moment~ bye!!” She smiled before walking away pulling a depressed Chanyeol. “Guppie! We’re still friends right!!??” His voice is slowly fading and so as his image. Jongup looked at the direction where Dara pulled the depressed Chanyeol, as he stare at that direction, images of him and his hyung spending their time together flashed in front of him. Their laughter, their smiles, their jokes, everything, everything that made Jongup like this, that made Jongup learn how to smile even though he’s not really happy, that made Jongup learn the difference between a man and a woman, the difference of him and his hyung.

“Yes hyung … we will be forever friends … only friends.” He whispered as he slowly turn around and walk towards their classroom.

----------------Around that time----------------

[[ Kyungsoo’s POV

I hate it, I hate everything right now, I hate Daehyun, I hate him … I hate him … him.

I looked up and saw that I was in the middle of the crowd. Someone from my behind started pushing me away from the way and so as the person on my sides did too, so I ended up in the most side of the hallways, specifically at the end of the staircase. I sighed when I saw that I don’t have a chance to force myself into the wave of people again.

I walked towards the staircase and found myself walking towards the library, Daehyun’s favorite place. I bit my lips as I argue with my own self If I should just barge in or just walk away, but after some 5 minutes of arguing with nothing but myself, I opened the door and I just couldn’t believe the thing  that I just saw.

The door slide loudly than I intended it to be. They both looked at me, Ji eun was looking at me, completely shocked. Ji Eun was Daehyun’s classmate. It’s common knowledge that Ji Eun likes Daehyun but everyone also know that Daehyun belongs to me, some say that I should just trust Daehyun, but after seeing this I don’t think I can look at him in the eyes again, especially when I saw Daehyun giving a silver ring to Ji Eun … right … in a secluded … place. Tears were just a split second away before they fall, and I don’t want to cry in front of them now. I bowed down and banged the door close before running away.

I can’t understand everything right now. If Daehyun was really straight then why did he let himself date with a guy like me? If he likes Ji Eun too, then why did he decide to go out with me? Did he just go out with me because I can cook well? Is it because he wants someone to ease his boredom? Am I just a toy for him?

These thoughts flood my ability to know what’s right or wrong. I was literally shoving everyone out of my path as I run towards the gates of the school, but before I can even run away from the library, a pair of hands circled around my arms and waist. I turned and saw him, Daehyun.

“Kyungsoo, what you saw … it’s not like that!” He tried to soothe my anger with his voice, his hands kept a tight grip around my body, making me lean on his chest just like kids inside their mother’s hug. “I know what I saw Daehyun, I’m not an idiot!” I pushed him away but he pulled me as well making his back hit the walls more painful than a normal shove can inflict. He groaned and I’m sure the pain in his back is really painful since I heard a loud thud behind him.

When I thought that I can finally escape from his grasp since his grip loosened, he once again kept me close by holding my wrist with both of his hands. “L-let’s talk.” He groaned in pain making his words a bit shaky and his breath really irregular. “NO!” I pulled my hand away from him as hard as I can but everything was really unsuccessful, he’s stronger than me.

Without my permission, he started dragging me with all his force towards an empty classroom somewhere near us. After that he closed the door with a loud bang and pushed me away from it. Unfortunately I lost my balance which made me fall on the ground. My behind really landed on the floor really hard. Tears were already drenching my cheeks when he kneeled in front of me. I looked at him and I saw a very concerned expression on his once cold face. You’re really good at lying Jung Daehyun-ssi.

“Are you okay?” He placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it a bit. Without thinking twice, I swatted his hand away from it and scooted a few spaces away from him. After regaining my balance and posture, I looked at him. “I just wished that you could treat me like a real partner, not just someone who waits for you. I want to feel the love that I’ve never heard, those words that I would really love to hear from your lips. Is that a selfish wish Jung Daehyun? Can’t you just treat me like how the male character treats their partners in a fanfic?” I don’t know what’s coming out from my lips anymore, I just wanted to know what he’s thinking.

“If you don’t really like the clingy me you could have just said it into my face, and not by cheating behind my back!” I shouted, I’ve never shouted before but since the anger inside me started to fill the emptiness of my heart, all the love that I have for him just disappeared. “I always wait for you every day you have library works just so that we can walk home together. I endured the times that you always leave me just for food, I endured the times that you don’t even send a single message to me, all of those things I endured them because I love you! But this … I can’t … I don’t know … I don’t know anymore … what’s happening Jung Daehyun? … i----“

My words were cut by a single action that I’ve never expected from him. He pulled me by my waist and shut me up with his own lips, kissing me, our first deep kiss. My lips were quivering as he leads me. I closed my eyes and let him do whatever he wants, I miss Daehyun … I missed him too much that even though I might look like a fool right now, I just let him do whatever he wanted to do.

When he pulled out, we were already panting from the heat of the kiss and the lack of air. I leaned my forehead on his shoulders and cried, cried and did nothing but silently whimpered under his touch. “Me and Ji Eun … we’re just classmates, we’re not even friends, but she’s the closest classmate I have there … I just … asked her something.” He caressed my cheeks, wiped my tears and planted a kiss on the tip of my nose. “I’m sorry if I was ignoring you these past few weeks, I’m sorry if I didn’t reply in any of your text, I’m sorry if we didn’t go to our dates, I’m sorry for being such a ty boyfriend … I’m sorry if I can’t be the man you wanted me to be, I’m sorry that I usually forget about you, I’m sorry that I can’t be as devoted as a boyfriend like you, I’m sorry for everything … but ….” He pulled my head and placed it on his chest, his heart was beating really fast. “But you are the only one who can make my beat heart like this, you’re the only one I wanted to see, you’re the only one I want to have meals with, you’re the only one who can wait for me for hours of hours in the library, you’re the only one who can make me like this.” He pushed me softly but his hands stayed on my shoulders. He leaned and kissed me once again in the lips. “You’re the only Kyungsoo … MY only one.”

He then kneeled all of a sudden and took my hand, he then placed the ring in my ring finger and smiled. “Do Kyungsoo, I’m ordering you to stay always beside me, even though I act like a total fool, like a forgetful ajussi, like a very cold boyfriend, like a man with thousands stomach, don’t you ever ever dare to leave me.” He said with a very serious face, but for some reason I couldn’t help but to laugh really loud after his ‘proposal’. “Are you ordering me Mr. Jung Daehyun?” I asked with a brow raised, hands crossed over my chest. “I … err don’t mean to … I just … “ “Of course … I’ll be forever yours and you’ll be forever mine … understood?” He didn’t say a word after that, all he did is he stood up from the kneeling position he did, he grab my waist and kissed me again.

That’s the story of my not-so-good relationship with Jung Daehyun. I don’t care if he’s not like Yongguk in the fanfic I read, I don’t even want to be like them, because whatever the public throws at us, I will forever stay beside Daehyun, and that’s because I love him, and I’m sure he loves me too.

 




And that ends this story!

i don't even know what happened but i'm glad that i finished it X_X

now next to my other fanfics!!

after i finished the YaDong fanfic of mine, i'll update the TaoUp fanfic then i'll post a new chaptered fanfic of

Jongup of BAP

Leo of VIXX

and Kris of EXO-M

THANKS FOR READING AND GOOD BYE~ PEACE!! ^^v

Jongup's story didn't end that well ... hmmm i pity the puppy  .... anyone wants to adopt him? hahaha

Guys give me some members from EXO that suits well with the puppy~ xDD