I wish you can treat me how he treated him.

Listen to my Heart Beat

These past few weeks, Daehyun became really cold towards me. When we’re spending a day just the two of us, in a peaceful date, he’s always focusing too much to his area than me.

One day, we spent all day nothing but eating, I did the talking as he just nod his head whenever I ask him questions. Some days I have the feeling that he’s avoiding me, as if he’s hiding something. I wish Daehyun would treat me like how Yongguk treated Jongup in the fanfic that I read. I wish.

I balanced my yellow pencil on top of my pouting lips, my hand supporting my chin as I lazily sat in my seat. My gaze were exchanging from the board to the teacher to the students around me to my friend, Jongup, then back to the pencil. I sighed when the pen fell from my lips down to the ground with a loud thud, the class was too quiet that even a small fall like that can make an echo.

 Everyone looked at me, all of them saw my blank expression, I slowly changed from the too happy kid to an emotionless doll, a robot or something like that. I can see the concerned expression of Jongup’s face, I bowed my head a bit, mentally saying that I’m fine and okay then back to the teacher who is sternly looking at me. I stood up from my seat then bowed and apologized for disturbing the class. He cleared his throat then the class continued.

Lunch bell had rung, students were already racing towards the empty canteen, but still I’m here in my seat staring blankly at the unoccupied seats in front of me. I traced small circles on my desk before sighing again. I felt a soft tap on my shoulder, I looked up and saw Jongup blinking at me. “Oh… do you need something?” I didn’t mean to be cold but my voice somewhat became stoic which is so not me.

“Why are you … so like this?” He mumbled while motioning his hands as if he’s tracing my whole being. I let out a small chuckle after seeing how Jongup struggles to wave his hands here and there trying to point out what he wanted to say. I smiled, but not that bright, at him before pulling his hands down on the table. “I’m really okay, you have to meet Chanyeol hyung right?”

After saying that Jongup jerked back as if he remembered something important, Jongup likes someone, someone straight. “You’re right … come with me!” He grinned before pulling me away from the peacefulness of the chair.

Jongup is a very nice kid, he likes Chanyeol but Chanyeol only looks at him as a younger brother, he doesn’t even know that Jongup likes him. Even though their love story would only end up either them parting away and getting hurt or being with Chanyeol but being hurt by the people around them. And because of this, Jongup decided to shut his feelings for Chanyeol, he’s satisfied with being his bestfriend, nothing more. Like the Jongup that i read in my favorite fanfic.

“You’re so like Jongup.” I whispered to him, he seems to be confused with what I’m saying so I showed him my phone. “A character in a fanfic that I read, you two shared the same name, and also a very coward man.” I heard him groan, he dislikes it whenever I about this, which only ends up both of us laughing with our own childishness. “I’m okay just by watching Chanyeol hyung from afar, no matter what happens I’ll never forget this feeling for Chanyeol hyung, even if him and Dara noona started dating…” Sadness was present on his voice, but Jongup being only himself, he’s smiling.

“Chanyeol hyung~” I sang before turning to Jongup once more before focusing to Chanyeol hyung. “Oh you guys are finally here, I’ve been waiting for ages! Where is Daehyun?” He suddenly asked. My emotion fell south quickly, it’s been a while since I last saw Daehyun sharing a table with us, he’s always busy with his and I quote ‘I’m busy with my own problems and things so hush up.’ with a very calm and deep voice.

I felt so left out, it’s been two weeks since we last went out, it’s been three days already since we last seen each other, it’s been 2 days since I last received a message from him. It’s been already days since I last felt that he loves me. More negative thoughts were pounding the last bit of my sanity, this is really not good for my health. “I don’t know.” Is the words the escaped my lips to answer him.

I sat at the vacant long chair in front of Chanyeol hyung, then Jongup sat beside me. It’s always like this, if Jongup has a chance to seat beside me, he’ll choose to sit beside me rather than to sit beside Chanyeol hyung, but I guess it’s his way to cage his emotions. “Hyung, Kyungsoo is really quiet today.” I heard Jongup said with a hushed tone. Chanyeol look at me as if he can see what’s inside my clothes, my heart. “I’m okay Jongup, I just … miss Daehyun that’s all.” Chanyeol breathe out after hearing what I said. Did he hold his breath?

“I’m sure he misses you too.” Chanyeol hyung and Jongup said in unison, they both looked at each other and Chanyeol hyung was the first one to laugh his guts off as Jongup followed suit. I lookedat them with a small smile on my face, this scene is really beautiful, peaceful, almost perfect … it’ll be only perfect if Daehyun is here with me.

“I wish Daehyun would treat me like how Yongguk treated Jongup in the fanfic Secret Love.” I mumbled luckily the two goof ball didn’t noticed it.

 




The next chapter would be the last~

Yes it's only a three chaptered fic because it's supposed to be just a drabble but .. well things happened,.