Cookie Dough.

EXO drabbles and ficlets

“I want to bake cookies.”

“Okay,” Yixing said, not looking up from the book he was reading, “go bake cookies then.”

“I don’t know how,” Minseok replied, looking frustrated. “I can’t cook, I need help. Will you help me, Yixing?” he asked. When Yixing showed no signs of getting up, however, he pouted. "Come on, it's Valentine's Day and we have nothing to do! Spend time with me."

Yixing thought about it for a few moments, but after looking up at the adorable pout the elder was currently sporting, he gave in and nodded his head with a sigh. Putting up his book, he made his way into the kitchen with a much happier-looking Minseok practically skipping along behind him.

“What kind of cookies do you want to make, Minseok?” he asked, looking at the elder.

Minseok shrugged and gave one of his familiar, adorable chubby-cheeked grins. “Any kind is fine! They all taste really good, anyway.”

After getting all the ingredients necessary to bake chocolate chip cookies, since that was all he could think of, Yixing put the dry ingredients in a bowl and then slid it over to Minseok. “Mix this please,” he said. Minseok gave a cute, determined nod and began doing as he was told.

After approximately five seconds of staring at Minseok, only to make sure he was doing it right – he was definitely not staring because the other man might have been absolutely the cutest thing he had ever seen at the moment – Yixing began to mix the other ingredients together in a larger bowl. When it was time to put in the eggs, he handed them to Minseok, who smiled.

“Crack them into the bowl,” he said softly, smiling back. Minseok did as he was told, though he didmake a little bit of a mess, egg whites getting on his hands.

Yixing started to laugh until he noticed the childish and rather endearing pout on the other’s face. He was just about to reach out and poke at his cheeks and maybe even squish them between his palms because oh my gosh that boy’s cheeks are just so freaking cute but that probably would have qualified as awkward, so he stopped himself and opted to grab a paper towel and wipe Minseok’s hand off instead. Which may have also qualified as awkward, but Yixing didn’t really notice nor did he really care.

After Minseok had washed his hands and Yixing had mixed the dry ingredients in with the rest, they added the chocolate chips. Yixing got out a cookie sheet and was about to start putting the dough on it until he felt something cool and sticky on his cheek. He blinked, looking over at Minseok and saw that the elder had cookie dough coating his finger, which he had just smeared across Yixing’s cheek.

He laughed softly – because Zhang Yixing is a man goddammit and men do not giggle – and dipped his finger into the bowl of cookie dough, promptly poking the elder’s nose to smear it with the dough. This resulted in a pouty face and puffed-out cheeks, and therefore motivated Yixing to smear just a little bit more on the other's  chin.

He would be lying if he said the way Minseok giggled and tried to the cookie dough off if his chin wasn't cute, but he was set on doing his best to ignore the feeling in his stomach, like a thousand tiny butterflies had somehow been trapped in there and were trying to flap their way out. He did his best to ignore the happy smile that spread across his face without permission, because Minseok is Yixing's friend and friends don't feel this way about each other. Usually.

He was snapped out of his thoughts, though, when Minseok suddenly moved closer to him with a mischevious smile that only made Yixing worry for his life. However, what he didn't expect was for cookie dough to be smudged rather sloppily across his bottom lip. And just as he was about to bring his hand up to wipe it off, Minseok shook his head with the same mischevous smile still on his face now altered with something like shyness, and before Yixing could blink or speak or do anything for that matter, Minseok was kissing him.

Kissing Minseok was definitely better than Yixing had ever been able to imagine or fantasize. His lips were soft and warm. He tasted sweet, but that could have been the cookie dough.

All too soon, the sweetness was gone. Yixing could feel his face heating up as he opened his eyes, and he was positive that his cheeks were a very unattractive shade of pink. He couldn't find any words to say either, since they seemed to have gotten trapped in the back of his throat the moment his lips met with the other's.

“Happy Valentine's Day, Yixing~” Minseok said, his smile still firmly in place but not mischievous anymore; he simply looked happy. As if from then on, everything would fall into place.

And it did.

 


 

Thank you for reading!

I apologize for not updating anything in a while so I made myself write this. It's not good, I'm sorry, but it's Valentine's Day and I felt like I should at least give you guys something. Though I didn't want it to be too centered around cheesy Valentine's Day things, I just made it like this. I hope it was good ;A; Please leave a comment if you liked it and if you didn't, tell me why~ And long live XiuLay! Am I the only one who ships this though